Paterno should be canned.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
The one person to fail in his moral obligation as a human being is Mike McQueary.Why is it he has not been fired along with the rest of them???????He did the same thing that Paterno did went to a higher up and then forgot about it.When he seen the abuse happening he did nothing to stop it.If it turns out to be true in my eyes he is no better a person then Jerry Sandusky.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The one person to fail in his moral obligation as a human being is Mike McQueary.Why is it he has not been fired along with the rest of them???????He did the same thing that Paterno did went to a higher up and then forgot about it.When he seen the abuse happening he did nothing to stop it.If it turns out to be true in my eyes he is no better a person then Jerry Sandusky.

Well Penn State maybe for sale b 4 its over and a bunch of lawyers are gonna retire big time when its over, what a bill this will be. Im waiting to see who or what else climbs out of the cracks on campus:eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The one person to fail in his moral obligation as a human being is Mike McQueary.Why is it he has not been fired along with the rest of them???????
He's on "indefinite and paid administrative leave". Definitely wasn't on the sidelines in Saturday's game. He will almost certainly be fired, as they're looking to get rid of anyone who was connected with this in anyway. Why he hasn't already been fired may be due to what his role on the team actually was as a grad assistant, whether is was paid or not, lots of complexities, apparently. Graduate assistants are usually non-paid, non-staff jobs, so he had no real standing on the coaching staff. Can they fire him now for something he did while service as a virtual volunteer? Yes, but it'll be tricky in a legal sense. Indefinite administrative leave is one way to handle that.

But he'll be fired, or resign, soon. Bloggers and reporters (both Sports and General) are calling for his head on a pike. They're calling him "morally deficient", and not in a kind way. Some, a very few, are trying to give McQueary a pass because he was only 26 or 27 at the time. Sorry, I don't buy it. If you haven’t found your moral compass by the time you are out of College, you probably never will.

On Friday, the day before the game, according to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone. McQueary reportedly told the team, "I wanted to let you guys know I'm not your coach anymore. I'm done.”

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I read somewhere that investigators asked the university officials to 'not annoy' Mcwhatsisname, because they really NEED his cooperation. If he's fired before there's a trial, or they no longer need him, he may not want to testify or cooperate any more.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Mike McQueary was a paid grad asst. and he was given a full time "coaching' position the season following his tellin Paterno what he saw Sandusky doing...

From what i have heard from a ex PSU player, McQuearys lawyers have requeted "whistle blower" status for him...they "suits" at PSU and their lawyers aren't sure if they can fre hm at this time or IF he qualifies for the "Whistle Blower" status, the only person that can decide is judge and the only way that will happen is if he is fired for this reason and the he files charges against PSU...then the Whistle Blower deal can be reviewed and a decision made...

I also heard the same thing Cheri heard as to the "State" not wanting the school to "upset" hm also...

McQueary and the rest of the football staff will be gone next season anyhow... The "interim" hed coach will not have the job next season...any new coach will come from the outside and he will bring his own staff in and everyone there now will be paid and sent packing.....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

From what I heard, McQueary also told the campus police - who did nada. If anyone should be crucified, it should be the university popo.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Then we have this:

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer

By Sean Newell
Nov 13, 2011 3:51 PM
Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer

When Jerry Sandusky was initially arraigned, as previously reported by Sara Ganim, prosecutors requested $500,000.00 bail and that Sandusky be required to wear a leg monitor. District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, however, ordered that Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. She ordered that Sandusky be freed and pay nothing unless he failed to show up for a court hearing.
Judge Dutchcot has quite the professional resume. In addition to her duties as district judge, she is of counsel to the firm Goodall & Yurchak. It speaks to the small-town nature of the county, I suppose, that the firm's URL is "centrelaw.com." According to her profile, Judge Dutchcot has been named the State College Lawyer of the Year, completed a "Leadership" program and has served as a counselor at Centre County Law Enforcement Camp Cadet, Inc.

Of course, also according to her profile, Judge Dutchcot is a volunteer for Sandusky's group, The Second Mile. Sandusky turned himself in the morning of Nov. 5, a Saturday, at Judge Dutchot's Centre County office. He was released, under the aforementioned terms, shortly thereafter.

Attorneys often serve charitable foundations in their pro bono capacities, or just volunteer in their spare time, so there is nothing weird about that. It just seems that, given the nature of the charges, the small-town atmosphere, and her relationship to Second Mile, Judge Dutchcot should have recused herself from being involved with this process. Or that could be precisely why she did not.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Check out the Title:

Jerry Sandusky's book titled 'Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story'

November 7, 2011 | 10:12am
Jerry Sandusky's book titled 'Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story' - latimes.com

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, accused of sexually assaulting eight boys, wrote an autobiography titled "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story."

The book was published in 2001 and describes Sandusky as a man devoted to helping disadvantaged children through Second Mile, a charity he founded in 1977.

According to a grand jury, Sandusky, 67, was a serial predator who used Second Mile to find and coerce boys, including one 8 years old, into various sex acts. Sandusky, arrested Saturday, faces 40 counts of sexually abusing minors.

A quote in the book from ex-Eagles head coach Dick Vermeil says of Sandusky: "He could very well be the Will Rogers of the coaching profession."

Sandusky, through his attorney, has denied the charges.

Attachments

• Jerry Sanduskys book.jpg
    Jerry Sanduskys book.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 17

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Mike McQueary was a paid grad asst. and he was given a full time "coaching' position the season following his tellin Paterno what he saw Sandusky doing...

From what i have heard from a ex PSU player, McQuearys lawyers have requeted "whistle blower" status for him...they "suits" at PSU and their lawyers aren't sure if they can fre hm at this time or IF he qualifies for the "Whistle Blower" status, the only person that can decide is judge and the only way that will happen is if he is fired for this reason and the he files charges against PSU...then the Whistle Blower deal can be reviewed and a decision made...

I also heard the same thing Cheri heard as to the "State" not wanting the school to "upset" hm also...

McQueary and the rest of the football staff will be gone next season anyhow... The "interim" hed coach will not have the job next season...any new coach will come from the outside and he will bring his own staff in and everyone there now will be paid and sent packing.....

If it is true then they should all be shot.To me it is that simple.Some one knowing abuse of a child is happening and not doing everything they can to stop it is the same as the person doing the abuse.If they give him a Whistle Blower deal it will open up a big can of worms for the school.After all paterno did the same as he did took it to the next higher up,they still fired him.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, I guess a lot of people are happy now. Joe Paterno is dead.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap, the haters got to him....I think while he was sick, this mess just took its toll and beat him down....Rest in peace Jopa....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Not happy he is dead.....but I am and always will be a firm beliver of Karma.......he knew what was going on and decided to keep quite...

Because he is a great coach its supposed to be ok....

Joe Pa turned the other way while tight ends became wide recivers....

Penn state is having a moment of silence for Joe....isn't that what got him into trouble in first place.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
oh boy ...

It is sad that he didn't face more and possibly had a chance to go to jail for his decision not to be an ethical person but to protect a school.

For those who just don't get it, I hope your children or grand-children never face anything like this, because if they do, you will be on the side of those who wanted to see him hang.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
As much as this kills me......I AGREE WITH GREG!! Well put Greg!

If anyone has sex with a child....you call the cops..anything short of that is dispicable!

Roast in peace Joe..

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
As hard as this is to fathom, Joe probably wondered what all the fuss was about. In his mind, having spent his whole life in a university setting, where they essentially have their own separate little world, he DID go to the authorities. When you say "the cops," the first thing a career university man thinks of are the Campus Police. If you say "president," they likely think you're talking about the campus president rather than the assclown in DC.

Ain't saying it's right, just that it is.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As hard as this is to fathom, Joe probably wondered what all the fuss was about. In his mind, having spent his whole life in a university setting, where they essentially have their own separate little world, he DID go to the authorities. When you say "the cops," the first thing a career university man thinks of are the Campus Police.
That observation is totally spot on target, and it's especially hard for people in the general public to understand the culture of a large university, especially one with a big time athletics program. Unfortunately for Paterno he had the most recognizable name and most people thought he in effect ran the show up there - but that's not the way it works. Fact is, the legal authorities from the campus cops all the way up to the county DA's office knew what Jerry Sandusky had done and they chose to do nothing instead of putting him in jail.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That observation is totally spot on target, and it's especially hard for people in the general public to understand the culture of a large university, especially one with a big time athletics program. Unfortunately for Paterno he had the most recognizable name and most people thought he in effect ran the show up there - but that's not the way it works. Fact is, the legal authorities from the campus cops all the way up to the county DA's office knew what Jerry Sandusky had done and they chose to do nothing instead of putting him in jail.

You can tell this to some ppl all day long, and they'll still hate the very fabric of JoePa. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
You can tell this to some ppl all day long, and they'll still hate the very fabric of JoePa. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Speaking of horses, it isn't enough for some people that he's dead, they must continue to beat him.

There's enough blame to go around in this case but ultimately, the blame must be put on Sandusky, he's the scum that brought this down over everyone's head, putting them in the position of having to deal/not deal with his perversion.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Let anyone else die that is involved in this cover up of the RAPE. Of children ...I will make fun and comment on them also...