Paterno should be canned.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Yeap, the haters got to him....I think while he was sick, this mess just took its toll and beat him down....Rest in peace Jopa....

Yah beat him down...wahhhhh..he allowed childern to get raped....let someone rape one of your children...or conceal the fact from YOU...and get back with me...
Ding dong the ahole is gone...booo hoooo..

Not just Joe....everyone involved with this are just as guilty as sandusky..they will get there day...Karma

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry guys/gals, see the thing is the guy was looked at as someone above everything in both integrity and importance. No matter what appears that he thought was right, his 'legacy' and the university were far more important than some kids being sexually violated.

When you are faced with the same thing or similar thing, tell me how you make any decision by placing a kid or someone vulnerable after your career and explain to me how you justify your lack of ethics by telling me that everything will be alright for those who you could have helped.

For some of us, common sense and fortitude would not have left the issue in the hands of those who help cover up things to keep the image of a public school untarnished, we would (and have) spoken out to make it right and from what some of us have seen, he has no right to be defended nor there is any reason why his years as a coach of a game needs to be elevated over that of people who didn't deserve anything like that to happen to them.

No matter what he was, he was a man and an arrogant one at that, because you don't get to that position without crapping on people on your way to the top, you don't deserve a defense because of the emotion of being a fan and neither does the university.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
You can tell this to some ppl all day long, and they'll still hate the very fabric of JoePa. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

yep JoePa won all those games himself . the players didnt have anything to do with the wins .
So team is to be spelled like this tJoePam
JoePa had so much power at Penn State to have buildings named after him . but he did not have the power to protect those children .

As hard as this is to fathom, Joe probably wondered what all the fuss was about. In his mind, having spent his whole life in a university setting, where they essentially have their own separate little world, he DID go to the authorities. When you say "the cops," the first thing a career university man thinks of are the Campus Police. If you say "president," they likely think you're talking about the campus president rather than the assclown in DC.

Ain't saying it's right, just that it is.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

what does a factory workers think of when they hear "president," they likely think you're talking about the Company president rather than the assclown in DC. or When you say "the cops," the first thing a career factory man thinks of is the Company Security .

it is sad Joe died when he did . but Al Capone also dead .

Laws were broken by human people they put their pants on the same way as you and I do . so why is it ok for them to break the laws but not you or I. i wonder how many of the children when they die are any of you going to say anything . nope nobody will ever know or want to know . because it is their fault . because JoePa was forced to leave before his time

so if JoePa should be forgiven so should Bin Laden

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What law, exactly, did Paterno break? I must have missed that part.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
what does a factory workers think of when they hear "president," they likely think you're talking about the Company president rather than the assclown in DC. or When you say "the cops," the first thing a career factory man thinks of is the Company Security .
Not at all the same thing. Even Hugh Jass companies don't exist separate from the rest of society like a university does, with certified, sworn police and such. Universities have inculcated this mindset into students and faculty for centuries. When a guy on the assembly line goes home, he's done with work for about the next 16 hours. For a professional whose life revolves around the university, he may live on campus and essentially never leave.
so if JoePa should be forgiven so should Bin Laden
After he repents or justice is done, sure. I doubt very much than bin Laden ever repented before his death, however many years ago that was.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

I doubt there's a state any more that doesn't have a mandatory abuse reporting law anymore. Since Pastrami, which is what Android corrects Paterno to, reported this to the AS rather than the cops, that's probably a crime.

AD, that is. Auto-correct is out of control.

--

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter

Mandatory Reporting Required By

"PENNSYLVANIA CONSOLIDATED STATUTES - DOMESTIC RELATIONS (TITLE 23) - ABUSE OF
FAMILY - CHAPTER 63 - CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES"
AOL Lifestream : Login

"...
(a) General rule.--Persons who, in the course of their employment,
occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with
children shall report or cause a report to be made in accordance with
section 6313 (relating to reporting procedure) when they have
reasonable cause to suspect, on the basis of their medical,
professional or other training and experience, that a child coming
before them in their professional or official capacity is an abused
child.
(b) Enumeration of persons required to report.--Persons required to report
under subsection (a) include, but are not limited to, any licensed physician,
osteopath, medical examiner, coroner, funeral director, dentist, optometrist,
chiropractor, podiatrist, intern, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse,
hospital personnel engaged in the admission, examination, care or treatment of
persons, Christian Science practitioner, member of the clergy, school
administrator, school teacher, school nurse, social services worker, day-care
center worker or any other child-care or foster-care worker, mental health
professional, peace officer or law enforcement official.

(c) Staff members of institutions, etc.--Whenever a person is required to
report under subsection (b) in the capacity as a member of the staff of a
medical or other public or private institution, school, facility or agency,
that person shall immediately notify the person in charge of the institution,
school, facility or agency or the designated agent of the person in charge.
Upon notification, the person in charge or the designated agent, if any, shall
assume the responsibility and have the legal obligation to report or cause a
report to be made in accordance with section 6313. This chapter does not
require more than one report from any such institution, school, facility or
agency.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Since Pastrami, which is what Android corrects Paterno to, reported this to the AS rather than the cops, that's probably a crime.
Yet the cops (and the State Attorney General) say he didn't do anything illegal, and furthermore he did everything the law required him to do. <shrug>

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, of course they would, they have before, except Paterno wasn't a god of a sport, even in State College. He was revered, true, but there is no proof he ever walked on water or anything like that. But lots of sports heroes and sports stars have been charged and convicted for crimes. Pretty much all of Ohio State, Pete Rose, Denny McLain, there's a really long list.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I understand what you are getting at but it seems that the amount of people who defend him think he was more important than the crime or the victims.

And you can't tell me that they would charge him when the amount of money he brought to the college was a large amont and the need to protect the person was important.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Yes, of course they would, they have before, except Paterno wasn't a god of a sport, even in State College. He was revered, true, but there is no proof he ever walked on water or anything like that. But lots of sports heroes and sports stars have been charged and convicted for crimes. Pretty much all of Ohio State, Pete Rose, Denny McLain, there's a really long list.
And there is a list with no end in sight for the pros that never faced charges.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I understand what you are getting at but it seems that the amount of people who defend him think he was more important than the crime or the victims.
Not at all. People are defending him because other people are accusing him of something he didn't do, which they cannot prove. Just a few posts above this one we have someone saying, uncategorically, that Paterno broke the law. Yet he didn't.

And you can't tell me that they would charge him when the amount of money he brought to the college was a large amont and the need to protect the person was important.
If there was evidence that he was involved, yeah, they'd charge him. The bigger they are, the more the District Attorneys or Attorneys General wants them.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Why does he have to break a law to be condemned?

Just look at the body of evidence that is out there.

images

There is enough out there to condemn the man now, just think of all the stuff that isn't in the public record that we don't even know about. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
One thing I do hope for, is that Mr. Paterno had a true relationship with Jesus and was able to repent before his passing.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Not at all. People are defending him because other people are accusing him of something he didn't do, which they cannot prove. Just a few posts above this one we have someone saying, uncategorically, that Paterno broke the law. Yet he didn't.

If there was evidence that he was involved, yeah, they'd charge him. The bigger they are, the more the District Attorneys or Attorneys General wants them.

and this is why the cover ups keep happening . . he knew of a crime and did not make sure the guilty ones were punished for it . he just joined in with the cover up to save his career. he used what he knew to (which is called black mail ) do and get thing done he wanted .

yep go to church the next Sunday repent and all your sins (crimes) will be forgotten and forgiven . so you can start the week out with a clean slate and do it all over again . wonder how many Sundays those children will have to go through to be able to forget and forgive what has happened .

i like how people say JoePa was the greatest coach . that is like saying that your moms cooking is the greatest . how can you say that when you don't have other moms cooking .

yep the people on welfare should be the only people that are made to follow the laws .

Joe Pa was a dictator .

and as far as this
""The bigger they are, the more the District Attorneys or Attorneys General wants them.""
yep they want to be the ones known to take down JoePa . look at how people are acting now about God JoePa . do you think anybody would touch this and ruin their careers .

should JoePa hang NO . did he have the power to make sure things were done right YES . did he NO or not enough with his power .

do i hate JoePa NO . do i hate the penn state fans YES . try driving from harrisburg to state college. and you will see a differant breed of people . they think their crap dont stink and where they are going is more important then you .

and people wonder why the USA is so screwed up . with what is going on with JoePa is one of the many reasons. people believe Joe was a god and no matter what he cant do no wrong . because they were around Joe every minute. they only saw the side of Joe that Joe wanted them to see .

get your heads out of your hole and see what is really going on . people followed Hilter too he could do no wrong either.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's how it works. You at least have to do something wrong before people condemn you. Or rather, that's how it's supposed to be. Put the shoe on the other foot, kinda like that whole Golden Rule thing. Would you want to be condemned based solely on unproven accusation and assumption, particularly when the authorities, including those authorities who have a vested interest in taking you down, all say you did nothing wrong?

Just look at the body of evidence that is out there.
Assumption and accusation is not evidence. Several years of investigation yielded no evidence of any kind that would implicate Paterno as being culpable or complicit in any way, yet you think all that somehow equates to a body of evidence that does. Amazing.

There is enough out there to condemn the man now, just think of all the stuff that isn't in the public record that we don't even know about. :rolleyes:
Just think of... what?! I cannot believe you made that statement. You want to condemn someone because of something that may or may not even exist, and that you have no knowledge of its existence, and do not even know what it might be. Are you kidding me?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Mandatory Reporting Required By

"PENNSYLVANIA CONSOLIDATED STATUTES - DOMESTIC RELATIONS (TITLE 23) - ABUSE OF
FAMILY - CHAPTER 63 - CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES"
AOL Lifestream : Login

"...
(a) General rule.--Persons who, in the course of their employment,
occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with
children shall report or cause a report to be made in accordance with
section 6313 (relating to reporting procedure) when they have
reasonable cause to suspect, on the basis of their medical,
professional or other training and experience, that a child coming
before them in their professional or official capacity is an abused
child.
(b) Enumeration of persons required to report.--Persons required to report
under subsection (a) include, but are not limited to, any licensed physician,
osteopath, medical examiner, coroner, funeral director, dentist, optometrist,
chiropractor, podiatrist, intern, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse,
hospital personnel engaged in the admission, examination, care or treatment of
persons, Christian Science practitioner, member of the clergy, school
administrator, school teacher, school nurse, social services worker, day-care
center worker or any other child-care or foster-care worker, mental health
professional, peace officer or law enforcement official.

(c) Staff members of institutions, etc.--Whenever a person is required to
report under subsection (b) in the capacity as a member of the staff of a
medical or other public or private institution, school, facility or agency,
that person shall immediately notify the person in charge of the institution,
school, facility or agency or the designated agent of the person in charge.
Upon notification, the person in charge or the designated agent, if any, shall
assume the responsibility and have the legal obligation to report or cause a
report to be made in accordance with section 6313. This chapter does not
require more than one report from any such institution, school, facility or
agency.

You've posted your own contradiction on the matter. Case closed.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Not at all the same thing. Even Hugh Jass companies don't exist separate from the rest of society like a university does, with certified, sworn police and such. Universities have inculcated this mindset into students and faculty for centuries. When a guy on the assembly line goes home, he's done with work for about the next 16 hours. For a professional whose life revolves around the university, he may live on campus and essentially never leave.

After he repents or justice is done, sure. I doubt very much than bin Laden ever repented before his death, however many years ago that was.

--

so living on the campus means you are working the whole time . and the campus is miles and miles of a area .

the mindset university is separate from the rest of society . it is that and other MINDSET that is screwed up in the USA .

so the mindset of the KKK is ok also because they live it all day and they never leave it .

so if he repents all his sins he should be forgiven . or if justice is done . . YES Joe didnt do any thing to the kids .that i have heard of . but he didnt do anything to help them either . i thought he was such a wonderfully caring person .

so if charles manson repents he should be left out of jail . he should be able to move to the desret and have other people along with him .

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Exactly. Moral and ethical law are far more important than civil law, which is essentially up for sale to the highest bidder. Unless whoever saw it our otherwise knew of it stormed in and rescued the kid and grabbed the assailant and beat him until the cops got there, or summoned someone who was physically able, sounding the alarm until something happened immediately, they are guilty, and criminal guilt is the least of their worries.
--