Expediter Services leaving E-1

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
It is almost the same as Facebook, you are contacted by someone you don't know, you look at the profile and there is only the minimum amount of information there needed, you know it is SPAM. This poster claims to have been here since 2002, never signed up until 2010, never posted a thing until now, and never responded to the questions. Well golly gee I guess it is all just a coincidence. If you are going to setup fake profiles anywhere you need to hire people that are at least willing to give it some effort to cover the BS you are about to hand out.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

And that is a big part of why she hasn't posted over the years.
Beacon is a personal friend of mine. I just realized, its a sad statement. My best girlfriends (Beacon, SusieQ52, and Century49) are all quiet ones when it comes to posting on EO.
Tell me something, if you had seen me listed as her friend when you looked at her profile would you have accused her of SPAM?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not accusing anyone of anything other than being comical.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
And that is a big part of why she hasn't posted over the years.
Beacon is a personal friend of mine. I just realized, its a sad statement. My best girlfriends (Beacon, SusieQ52, and Century49) are all quiet ones when it comes to posting on EO.
Tell me something, if you had seen me listed as her friend when you looked at her profile would you have accused her of SPAM?

What is a reason for her to not post anything? I would view the post as SPAM simply because there was nothing ever posted before or since that one. EO has a policy about people that join and the first thing they do is bad mouth a company, it should be extended to those that show up all of a sudden and start posting positive things, especially when it is about a company that is gaining a poor reputation. As for seeing her listed in a friends list for you it wouldn't change my opinion because SPAMers use the tactic of getting on other's friends list to gain credibility.

DragonLadyTN

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good Evening everyone...I had no idea that my posting would begin such a wide range of comments. That was not my intent. As some of you my know! I have been in the Expedited Business with my husband for many years. 13 to be exact! In several different fashions, from contract driver, owner, fleet manager and now fleet owner.

Through the years we have all seen people come and people go! Some bad, but for the most part good. I would like to say that all my dealings with ES over the years have been a very open, honest and professional. They are a great group of hard working and caring people. From the people in the office all the way up to the owners of the company.

My post was in no way intended to begin a debate as to ES and the way they conduct business. It was intended to be just what it is. A way to wish the contractor who are remaining with ES and moving to FedEX the best of luck.

While we as business people do what we feel is best for our business. It may not be seen by others as the correct avenue to take. That is what makes this industry as unique as it is. Despite what anyone my say, deals are made everyday in the attempt to add to the bottom line. From a contractor asking for additional pay on a load , to a Fleet Owner asking for additional revenue for a fleet. Weather we agree with the process, we must admit that this method of doing business is the driving force the also built this Great County!

Gezzz...I get long winded sometimes.

With all that said. Again, I wish the ES contactors the best!

Always stay safe!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I thought E/S went under when Arrow Flatbed bit the dust. I heard a few horror stories from seemingly sincere drivers.

I don't know. I know I talked to them before I bought a truck. I don't think they blew smoke up my rear. In fact I bought a truck and put it on at the FED because of what ES told me.

I even tried to copy their truck style but I couldn't get a Kenworth dealer to answer the phone or return a call so I bought a Hino!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been a lurker on EO since 2002. I've learned a lot of good positive information here for that I thank all of you that put thought into your post/remarks.
Now the reason for this post. I'm currently a leased owner/operator with Expediter Services. From the first time I called them they have been leaps and bounds above all other companies out there. They are open, honest, knowledgeable, and have done everything they said they would and more. I have never been treated with so much respect. Their staff is the best in the business, in my opinion, and believe me I've been with several different expedite carriers. Expediter Services program saved me $$$ over the carriers rates for fuel discounts, all necessary insurance, and repairs. They have a freight board available to use to see what freight/units/miles has been dispatched out of any area. Very useful information when deciding whether to accept a load and where to move after delivering.
I have friends that drive Expediter Services units and they feel the same way, one person told me they will never move to a different owner.
At the end of the day, an owner/independent driver can't do any better then to become part of the Expediter Services team. :)

Thank You for posting your thoughts and your experience with Expedite Services. When a new person is looking into this industry they need information so they can do their own research. Expedite Services is offering a variety of packages that some people will find helpful from starting out as a driver in one of their trucks to using them as an O/O for their discounts and information. Their financing program is another source for potential O/O to consider.

Expediting is not a one stop shop and having options available to newbies is good as well as having options for experienced owner operators.

Welcome to Express 1 drivers to FedEx Custom Critical. I would suggest when going through orientation take notes, names, and email addresses of those that can help you to better understand the system.

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
My husband & I came on with E\S during their old contract, so we're paid @ 40%, but we were NOT charged for orientation!! E\S pays for orientation unless you quit before your 90 day sign on trial! They are VERY LOYAL thr drivers who work WITH them. Yes they are in it for the money!! So am I!! If your NOT, you must be independently wealthy & I am very happy for you, but most people who NEED to work AREN'T!!!! Expediter Services "in most cases gets their drivers out of dead or overcrowded areas" with empty moves. Most Fleet Owners WON'T do this! If your equipment breaks down THEY tell you where you can take it for repairs "NO GRIPING"! If your truck is in overnight they pay for Hotel\Motel Fees or reimburse you if it's after hours & ALL of this is is in a NO STRESS, NO LIE atmosphere. I am not on the Fed Ex side. I am with their Panther Carrier & we have been with E\S since 2008 we have been with Panther since 2006 & have been with several other Fleet Owners, so we speak from EXPERIENCE when we say, E\S IS THE BEST FLEET OWNER WITH PANTHER BY FAR!!!!!!!!! :D

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
I know this "so called" testimonial may be funny to you, BUT it happens to be true also!!! Imy husband & I have driven for several other Expedite Fleet Owners & have bee cheated, stolen from & lied to. Since we found Expediter Services, they have gone in some instances out of their way to make US happy to be a part of their Fleet & I love the stress free environment they provide as well as higher opportunities for more loads with less dead head equalling MORE MONEY :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I know this "so called" testimonial may be funny to you, BUT it happens to be true also!!! Imy husband & I have driven for several other Expedite Fleet Owners & have bee cheated, stolen from & lied to. Since we found Expediter Services, they have gone in some instances out of their way to make US happy to be a part of their Fleet & I love the stress free environment they provide as well as higher opportunities for more loads with less dead head equalling MORE MONEY :)

The most important thing is that you are happy with them. You just want to make sure you are not blinded by the enthusiasm and passing up a better opportunity.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now that we've all hugged and made up....:rolleyes:

Can we just say good luck to those that the change involves?:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
tumblr_lnbhrieeAF1qicsdn.gif

"I think my fleet owner is ever so dreamy"

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
i generally dont reply to any topics, but i have been reading for some time on here and see alot of negative info bout Expediter Services (E.S.) and FDCC and I, personally, would like to add some input about both Expediter Services AND FDCC from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with both of them. As for Expediter Services; This is the FIRST company that I have ever worked for who has stood behind the drivers 100%, without hesitation. IF you ever have an issue with them OR FDCC, all it takes is ONE PHONE CALL to your E.S. dispatcher/Liason and within minutes the issue is resolved, no matter what the issue is. Also, I have never worked for an owner who DIDNT have an attitude problem or is rude no matter what. Here, at E.S., I have NEVER received attitude, smart remarks, rudeness or "Sorry, ur on your own"!! They have helped me everytime I have needed it and the phone calls always end with "thats what we are here for, if u need us, call us" and that goes for all the departments as well. HENCE, the "Never Stand Alone" policy E.S. advertises is 100% ACCURATE and I cant complain AT ALL. As for FDCC, i could type a message about them as well, BUT IT WOULD MIRROR IMAGE what I just said about E.O., so, if you are looking for an AWESOME FLEET OWNER and a COMPANYwith a GREAT STAFF that DOES stand behind what they advertise, put in an application and come join the rest of us that are PROUD of whom we work for, we'd L-O-V-E to have you. FYI; I DO NOT work in the office of E.O. or FDCC, I am a driver, 12 1/2 year veteran with T/T and Expedite, PROUD of what I do and PROUD of whom I work for. All I ask is that you remember 1 thing, when questionable, ask the LAMB, NOT the WOLF. Motor Safe to all and God Bless You and Yours.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
OOPs, Typo-s

I would like to correct my typo errors in my earlier post; when I typed the abbreviations E.O., I meant E.S. Sorry for the errors!!
"When questionable, ask the LAMB, NOT the WOLF"

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Re: OOPs, Typo-s

With all the ES drivers ccoming in here and posting, one thing I find "off" is that they all say how perfect ES is and they never mention a single flaw. Every person and company I know has flaws. I love my carrier but reality is everything isn't rosy with them, secondly if things were that great, I wouldn't be recruiting competition to the company and stealing my revenue.

When I read motel reviews online, I automatically disregard all the perfect reviews and give more weight to the 2-4 stars where they give a more accurate review.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
With all the ES drivers ccoming in here and posting, one thing I find "off" is that they all say how perfect ES is and they never mention a single flaw. Every person and company I know has flaws. I love my carrier but reality is everything isn't rosy with them, secondly if things were that great, I wouldn't be recruiting competition to the company and stealing my revenue.

When I read motel reviews online, I automatically disregard all the perfect reviews and give more weight to the 2-4 stars where they give a more accurate review.

They never have a single complaint and oddly enough, their ES is the best post is their only post. As for listening to the lamb instead of the wolf, I will listen to both and make up my own mind, besides it could be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I own our own truck and have never been associated with Expediter Services. We have talked with a number of ES drivers over the years and find it remarkable that almost none of them have anything bad to say about ES.

There was an exception. The man complained that he could not get his truck washed often enough. I think the limit he spoke of was once every 30 days. He said he had called in to ask but was denied an additional wash. Looking at his truck at the time, I understood. It was very much in need of a wash in that winter month.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Re: OOPs, Typo-s

With all the ES drivers ccoming in here and posting, one thing I find "off" is that they all say how perfect ES is and they never mention a single flaw.
Not only that, but all of these posts here (and in other threads like it) talk in the absolutes of always and never, and the best. For example, "Also, I have never worked for an owner who DIDNT have an attitude problem or is rude no matter what." I'm assuming, for the benefit of the doubt, that somehow, magically, "never" in this context doesn't include ES, despite never meaning never, including past and present tense. But more to the point, according to this post, every owner this person has ever worked for (ES being the lone exception, of course) has had an attitude problem or was rude "no matter what", under any and all circumstances, even benign, pleasant situations.

The problem with that, and the absolutes, and the fact that all of these "the best" postings state the same absolutes in more or less the same way, not to mention the sheer number of newly created screen names who are involved in the defense of ES, is that it doesn't coincide with reality, and therefor isn't credible, believable, or even reasonable.

What's more, they have now created a premise so wholly unbelievable that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. What they've laid out is utterly implausible, and once realized, if they come back and try to temper that with a Paul Harvey Lite of, "Yes, of course they have their faults just like every one else and they're not perfect, but..." (and there will be a but), then any scintilla of potential credibility they might have had will be blown out of the water.

I particularly like the one example where a radical departure from the absolutes stands out, where in their first and only post on EO, they stated an absolute but with a qualifier in that they generally don't reply to any topics, which is a paradoxical oxymoron, and hilarious.

Last edited:

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
I have to say that if you feel you need a jock strap to carry yourself around more power to ya. Especially if you need a jockstrap to put over another jockstrap i.e. Fedex and ES jesus, paying good money for other people to tell you what to do. How much of a safety net you need there independent busness person????

I tell you what, I will tell you what to do for 10 percent less then they charge, and I will be happy to give you a bankee and a bottle for a sign on bonus.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This ^^^ is an example of what folks who don't post here [like Susie] usually say they'd rather not risk: an unprovoked attack on their thoughts, just reeking of condescension.
So, if you're intent is to drive them away, or discourage them from posting: good job.
:(