Panther & Expeditors Services. Why so slow?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess it depends if you/they were promised 35 percent from the beginning, or was it a higher percentage and then changed when you signed on? As mentioned, what is in your contract?
As to the other stuff, any of it could be considered rumor.
As to why someone isn't running could be because of a variety reasons from locations, to qualifications, or refusal to move from a non productive area. Rates on what one will run factors here as well.
Case in point from December, we had a truck arrive in LA and parked next to a red kw who had been there since Wednesday and it was now Friday night. We got sent a 2000 mile load back east at a reduced rate of 1.20. The red truck turned it down because it wasn't his rate. Wasn't a refusal, but certainly was a exercise in stupidity. Company or the drivers policy? Don't know. Just hard to say on some it without all the facts.
And Bruno is correct, we are running very well.

Last edited:

MelVicker

Not a Member
Well, "they" or "them" is not me. They were told 40% and when they read the contract they saw 35%. They dont trust ES anymore. The lady told them to not tell Panther whats going on with the truck and wanted them to lie to them about it. The people have been rude! They both (team) have CDL-B's and have NOT, I repeat AGAIN, NOT turned down loads and have been moved with empty loads a lot to get into "better" locations.

They and I understand this is a slower time but ES doesn't seem to be caring enough about their drivers or trucks.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, "they" or "them" is not me. They were told 40% and when they read the contract they saw 35%. They dont trust ES anymore. The lady told them to not tell Panther whats going on with the truck and wanted them to lie to them about it. The people have been rude! They both (team) have CDL-B's and have NOT, I repeat AGAIN, NOT turned down loads and have been moved with empty loads a lot to get into "better" locations.

They and I understand this is a slower time but ES doesn't seem to be caring enough about their drivers or trucks.

Yeah, what Bruno said.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As with any fleet owner regardless of whether it is ES or someone else, if they promise you 40 percent and then magically change it to 35 when you pick up the truck, I think you have your answer.
If they are lying in one place, good chance it is other places as well.

MelVicker

Not a Member
Oh yeah. They lie. I was informed that ES wanted both drivers to lie to Panther about the truck breaking down. I think my friend and her sister (team mate) want to find another company that work with Panther.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only one thats at least a little surprised at the supposed lies told by ES? Did the Company 'promise' them a dollar amount per mile or did they promise them a percentage? Not saying either way just curious.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They don't want you to tell Panther the truck is broke down because it likely has a higher board position than their later arriving trucks. When they send a load to the truck that can't run it, they then secure the load on one of their other trucks farther down the list or farther away. With 47 trucks on with the Cat, he is looking for the extra bone to get thrown his way.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
They don't want you to tell Panther the truck is broke down because it likely has a higher board position than their later arriving trucks. When they send a load to the truck that can't run it, they then secure the load on one of their other trucks farther down the list or farther away. With 47 trucks on with the Cat, he is looking for the extra bone to get thrown his way.

WoW 47 trucks Dave. I think the trucks they have are over kill to be honest. They can't put but maybe 10,000 lbs on the truck, and with a bigger truck comes a higher fuel cost. They should put some tag axles on the dry box trucks they own and sounds like they need someone the drivers can call 24/7/365.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wonder if they all call Panther after hours? Might be the reason Moot can't get through.:D

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
ran for them a little over a year to start of with they were great but they bought them thar c13 cats that break down nobody knows how to work on them and i think they took a big loss now their passing it on to their subs the driver manager i had praised fed ex and tri state and said how bad panther is and yes i was told not to tell panther when truck was broke down

MelVicker

Not a Member
My friends call ES after hours but did end up talking to Panther after hours, too when they broke down last night.

I will look into Tri State and FedEx.

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Your getting a third party story,unless you actually were there,how do you know this is all true?When people are frustrated,a mountain can be made of a mole hill.

MelVicker

Not a Member
Because I talk to them every day. I know they're stuck somewhere right now without a way to get to the repair shop...The truck hasn't even been looked at yet when it was dropped off last night, the lost ANOTHER run due to the truck breaking down AGAIN. I'm very close with these two and I know what's going on.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Because I talk to them every day. I know they're stuck somewhere right now without a way to get to the repair shop...The truck hasn't even been looked at yet when it was dropped off last night, the lost ANOTHER run due to the truck breaking down AGAIN. I'm very close with these two and I know what's going on.

Seems like the truck understandably is one of the main concerns, so what are the details of the truck? is it a beater or a newer truck that is well maintained, but just keeps "breaking down"?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Ask them how long between PM's. Wacky maintenance schedule, IMHO.

But what do I know? I'm just a rookie.

MelVicker

Not a Member
Seems like the truck understandably is one of the main concerns, so what are the details of the truck? is it a beater or a newer truck that is well maintained, but just keeps "breaking down"?

It's an '08 Freightliner T600 with 243,000 miles. I texted to ask. Next scheduled maintenance is by April 7th.