Panther Refusal Stats

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
I guess Mr. Scuba doesn't want to say anything about my side of the story now that it's fixed and we are at our correct percentage of 84%! Why is it when someone complains about a new system they automatically get called things and told oh we think there's more to the story? LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why is it when someone complains about a new system they automatically get called things and told oh we think there's more to the story? LOL
Because you're the only person at Panther who can't seem to get obviously incorrect refusals removed on a weekend, because, apparently, you have your own personal Driver Relations person who doesn't work weekends and none of the other Driver Relations people will work with you on anything.

Yeah, I think there's more to the story. If I call in, day or night, weekends or not, and inquire about a refusal for a load that I just delivered, it gets removed instantly, because it's brain-dead easy to look at the pro number of the refusal, and the pro number of the load I took, and know there's an obvious problem. If I call in about a refusal for a load that picks up more than 8 hours in advance, it gets removed instantly. If I call in about any other blatantly obvious incorrect refusal, like if I'm hit for one while I'm out of service or at a reduced rate, it gets corrected instantly. I've even had them restore First Outs that were incorrectly removed for one reason or another. And they don't even like me in Driver Relations.

So either you're the most unlucky driver at Panther, or there's more to the story as to why yours were not removed just as instantly.

You're also incredibly unlucky to be sitting in a place where you went "...from 2nd on the board to 4th to 7th and so on down the board..." because an armada of Panther trucks rolled into Phoenix, Arizona, the hotbed center of the expedited freight universe, and did so at the precise moment that you were suffering from being hit with countless incorrect refusals. You should be playing the Lottery every day. Every day.

No, the percentage will not change instantly, as has been explained here and elsewhere several times, but will change when the computer does the recalculations at midnight. There is another thread that explains, in excruciating detail, how the percentages are calculated, the time frames involved. You should probably read it. It might change your luck.

broker

Seasoned Expediter
First post on this topic.

I'm "one of those" that don't turn the cheap loads down.

I'm "one of those" that some have said, go ahead and keep taken um, then I'll get the good paying ones.

I'm one of those that some have said, RECEIPE FOR FAILURE.

I'm "one of those" who some have said I only help to keep the rates down.

So guess what,
"I'm one of those" that don't have to worry about this.

As I have said many times, you have to do what fits your lifestyle.
To have some get on here and continue to preach how we should all do it like they do, IS A RECEIPE FOR FAILURE.

Take it as opinions and figure out if it will work for you, not that it is gospel just because of who wrote it.
BIG JOHN

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Take it as opinions and figure out if it will work for you, not that it is gospel just because of who wrote it.
BIG JOHN

Worse thing you can do here, and a lot of people do it, is to place more emphasis on who wrote it, rather than on what was written.

When you reply to who wrote it, rather than to what was written, it becomes personal, and it becomes too easy to interject things from outside the thread, like things from other threads, things from real life, personalities get involved. That rarely ends up being a good thing.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Because you're the only person at Panther who can't seem to get obviously incorrect refusals removed on a weekend, because, apparently, you have your own personal Driver Relations person who doesn't work weekends and none of the other Driver Relations people will work with you on anything.

Yeah, I think there's more to the story. If I call in, day or night, weekends or not, and inquire about a refusal for a load that I just delivered, it gets removed instantly, because it's brain-dead easy to look at the pro number of the refusal, and the pro number of the load I took, and know there's an obvious problem. If I call in about a refusal for a load that picks up more than 8 hours in advance, it gets removed instantly. If I call in about any other blatantly obvious incorrect refusal, like if I'm hit for one while I'm out of service or at a reduced rate, it gets corrected instantly. I've even had them restore First Outs that were incorrectly removed for one reason or another. And they don't even like me in Driver Relations.

So either you're the most unlucky driver at Panther, or there's more to the story as to why yours were not removed just as instantly.

You're also incredibly unlucky to be sitting in a place where you went "...from 2nd on the board to 4th to 7th and so on down the board..." because an armada of Panther trucks rolled into Phoenix, Arizona, the hotbed center of the expedited freight universe, and did so at the precise moment that you were suffering from being hit with countless incorrect refusals. You should be playing the Lottery every day. Every day.

No, the percentage will not change instantly, as has been explained here and elsewhere several times, but will change when the computer does the recalculations at midnight. There is another thread that explains, in excruciating detail, how the percentages are calculated, the time frames involved. You should probably read it. It might change your luck.

Yes Turtle but tell us how you really feel.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I guess Mr. Scuba doesn't want to say anything about my side of the story now that it's fixed and we are at our correct percentage of 84%! Why is it when someone complains about a new system they automatically get called things and told oh we think there's more to the story? LOL

This is just too funny I guess you think I sit here with baited breath waiting for your post so I can respond to you. You point to one part of my statement I guess that is easier I said EITHER you are the unluckiest person OR there is more to your story. But to feel better about yourself you decided that I called you a liar. I deal in real life and in real life when things are going bad for MOST people they look for an outside force to blame it on. With that in mind when anyone tells me everything is someone else’s fault I tend to wonder about that since we as humans tend to tell any story in a manner that makes us look good or better it is human nature. As a Council member I have gone to the mat for several drivers only to find out there is more to the story. And that was my point EITHER you were unlucky or you were leaving things out. I never called you a liar but if it makes you feel better about being stuck and you need someone to blame I am ok with it I am a fat guy and I have big shoulders I can handle it. And by the way in the Panther folder I address the fact that the system DOES NOT restore your % numbers in real time that it takes 24 hrs. and if you read on you would see that I have in fact talked to Frank about that problem. Because it can wrongfully lower someone number below 67% and they could be passed over when they were on the top of the list costing them a load offer. So Frank is now aware of this problem and is going to talk to the i/t guys. For those of you [like me] that don’t write code changes are not easy to a program this will not be fixed over night. And there may be other things that the i/t guys have to that is more pressing to Panther so this may take a while to get fixed but they are aware. So you can either keep pouting or go back about your life it is up to you either way you have a Council rep I suggest you try to work with them about your problems. Thank god I am not that person
oh and thanks for getting my name right

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes Turtle but tell us how you really feel.
How do I really feel?
I feel there's nothing quite like the fear of change, and the fear of the unknown.

Fear of failure and fear of success are two common aspects of the fear of change, both reflecting similar negative beliefs of low self-worth and self-doubt. When strong self-worth is present, however, change can be welcomed as an opportunity for growth, forward movement, and personal fulfillment.

Almost synonymous with the fear of change is the fear of failure. Many people feel worried and anxious when they even think of undertaking new challenges because they doubt their abilities, their intelligence, their self-worth, or their capacity to overcome obstacles that may arise. They fear not measuring up, making a mistake, and being judged and humiliated. The possibility of failure threatens to dislodge their already low sense of worth and therefore does not merit the risk.

Conversely, when self-worth is strong, fear may still exist, but it no longer has the power to destabilize forward movement. "Failure" is perceived as a temporary setback or as a potential learning experience. Strong self-esteem enables individuals to focus on taking the steps necessary to ensure success, expressing itself in an unfolding of the self, the ability to strive, learn, and embrace new challenges and experiences.

Fear of success is the flip-side of fear of failure. Many people are ultimately afraid of unleashing their full potential, not because they fear they will fail, but because they fear their power and their ability to succeed. The idea of embracing happiness and truly succeeding may evoke many limiting beliefs stemming from low self-worth. For example, many people doubt whether they deserve happiness or whether sustained happiness is even possible. To that end, their fear of a non-sustainable success may cause them to choose to compromise themselves and their dreams. Such beliefs tap into deep-seated self-doubt, and often result in self-sabotage.

Those who fear the unknown of change and fail to meet head on the challenges of change and treat them as opportunities, often quickly retreat to being a victim of unfair change and will blame others for their failures. The fact is, we are the masters of our own destiny. The path we follow, while influenced by others, is nonetheless our own.

When I first read the Fleet Message announcing the change, my immediate thought was not that it was unfair, but rather, "How can I use this to my advantage, how can I make this work for me?"

termite289

Expert Expediter
hasn't this gone on long enough?
service the darn customers. cause they are the ones with all the money. if it is a new customer, and he is trying panther for the first time, and panther cant get any of their trucks to haul the freight, well,,,,
freight is slow for everyone, just look around. i would think at this point, no one would be turning down much of anything. i swear this sounds like a bunch of union employees standing around scratching their buts saying that isn't my job.
Every load isn't going to be the holey grail, but if we start loosing customers cause we can't service them, then we will all be out of buisness.
we aren't union, and last time i checked, i had the dreaded two headed cat on the side of my truck. since i can't haul my sisters furniture around with it, i guess ill have to haul freight.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess Scuba and Turtle must have something special with dispatch because I did try all weekend long to get my refusals fixed. I guess I am just the unlucky one. But that's just me and my "more to the story" . You both come off with your high and mighty attitude like everybody else out here that has complained about this new change is either cherry pickers or whiners. I have several friends who are at the 100% that don't like this new rule too.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
I've had a run in or 2 with night/weekend dispatch They seem to play by their own rules but Monday afternoon i seem to get things fixed and when i have a problem i always try to get their name so i can pass it on on Mondays and sometimes if i have the privilege to talk with them again they seem to fix the problem
if we have problems with certain dispatcher we need to pass it on to someone else and maybe they can be shown how to do something

redhotxpress

Seasoned Expediter
termite289
you're right about the frt slowing and we are happy to hear the QC go off and to get a load!! sometimes it's not exactly what we dreamed of but things could be worse!!

One trucking friend said to me recently.. "I'd haul a bucket of *^#* to Bug Tussel if it pays me a dollar",
I wish I always had his attitude and outlook on things!!
sometimes when we get a "not so great" load offer, if we can make some kind of profit, we have to just tell outselves that we are grateful to be moving. we have taken some loads that 4 yrs ago, we wouldn't have done...in fact the last one was more like doing an office move...kind of hard on the ol' back but we made some $$ and the hard work probably did us some good!! i believe (and pray that sooner than later) eventually the economy will get better and we will be left standing on the other end. Survival of the fittest, isn't that what they say?

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
When I first read the Fleet Message announcing the change, my immediate thought was not that it was unfair, but rather, "How can I use this to my advantage, how can I make this work for me?"

You mean like wondering if dispatch would tell you the acceptance rate of that truck that is sitting on that hot(read nice long runs) one-a-day board?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
After a few days, my opinion really hasn't changed. Could it have been explained better? Possibly.
Should they have started everyone at 100 percent. No
That defeats the purpose of who they are trying to get rid of.
Why give the ones below 67 the benefit when others have been covering these prior to this?
Additonally, that implementation would take too long as we are going into a busier period.
Do we benefit? Yes. Less trucks to compete with.
Do we now take unprofitable loads? No. Still look at loads the same way.
I don't really see any type of change from what we are doing now. As mentioned in another post, there are other options if you have to take on some refusals.
And as mentioned, doesn't hurt to know where those less than 67's are parked.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well I guess Scuba and Turtle must have something special with dispatch because I did try all weekend long to get my refusals fixed. I guess I am just the unlucky one. But that's just me and my "more to the story" . You both come off with your high and mighty attitude like everybody else out here that has complained about this new change is either cherry pickers or whiners. I have several friends who are at the 100% that don't like this new rule too.

The rest of the story would be when, exactly, were you tagged with all of these refusals. If the refusals occurred days or weeks earlier, then that's something that your Team Leader or another Driver Relations supervisor will have to look into, and probably can't be corrected on the spot, because they wouldn't necessarily be blatant, obvious errors. Plus, there is a time limit on how far back a non-supervisor can make correction to the records. They can go a day or two back, but not a week or two. You've got to stay on top of your numbers and get any errors corrected immediately. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get them corrected.

Also, the rest of the story is your confusion with Dispatch and Driver Relations, as you can't even talk to Dispatch unless you're on a PRO. As soon as you accept a load, Dispatch is all over you like white on rice, but the split second you deliver, they don't want anything to do with you. You no longer matter. You're a bother. Driver Relations, on the other hand, will talk to you whether you're loaded or not. Driver Relations is your friend.

I don't like the rule, I think it's silly and infantile, as there are far more better (not to mention profitable) ways than negative incentives to get loads covered or to get rid of the chronic cherry pickers. And it certainly should have been implemented differently, with the changes they are now going to have to make already being in place.

As for the question of whether or not this had gone on long enough, that all depends on whether or not you decide to click on the Thread. If you think it's gone on long enough, ta-da! don't click it. It's real easy, man. :D

As for where those less-than 67's are parked, ya think they'll tell us?

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Ok Turtle I agree on the weekends if your not on a load dispatch doesn't want anything to do with you and won't transfer you to driver's relations. So that is where my question comes in then, how do you get through to driver's relations on the weekends when dispatch won't put you through to one? Is there a seperate number or something to call? Cause I even tried my seperate Elite phone number and got no where with that one too.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Answered in a PM. :)

But the main 800 number or the Dispatch numbers on the PRO Bill have always gotten me to Driver Relations whenever I'm not loaded, even when I wanted to talk to Dispatch, actually.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Got the pm turtle. The number I use use is the normal 800 one on the bills and it puts me through to express dispatch when not on a load. And when I ask for driver's relations they say if your not on a load then they are too busy to talk on the weekend. lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Maybe the system isn't picking up your Caller ID? On the 800 number, as well as the other one one the Bill and the one I sent you, it picks mine up, so that if I'm not loaded I go directly to Driver Relations. If I'm loaded on a regular load, I go to regular Dispatch, and if I'm on an Elite load, I go to Elite Dispatch.