Panther Refusal Stats

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
It's the same number they call me on for dispatch and the same one when I'm on a load it shows on a load. lol Never can tell with phone systems.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
well, even if it wasn't the driver's council's idea, i think you should have said "let us present this to the ENTIRE FLEET for their opinion rather than taking it upon yourselves to answer for the rest of us. We do have a 100% acceptance and sometimes it may drop a bit into the 90's so we are one of the trks that according to some it won't affect, but we still resent the fact that the driver's council did not put it out there for all of us to consider. we believed the driver's council were to communicate between Panther and the fleet on our behalf, not change policies and procedures with no prior notice to the drivers.

Just how can we the Drivers Council get this out to the entire fleet?? This is my third year on it and so far they havent given me the access to the QC mass message program. Should we call everyone?? Well without your permission Panther can't give out your phone number to us so i guess thats out. Come here and post it?? Does EVERY Panther driver come here?
now as i have said in other posts we didn't talk for everyone we were asked what we thought about it. Panther already knew that some were going to complain about it and were expection the backlash. WE the members of the Drivers Council had nothing to do with this policy change. Have we been able to get some policy changes put in place? Yes we have but not every policy change that Panther makes runs through us. Remember some of their policys are strickly for Panther's benifit and some benifit us and if we get lucky some of the changes benifit both of us. We are not the all powerfull OZ. And does your council rep even know you or what things you would like to see changed? That can only happen if you contact them

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Wow,and I thought the council actually had some power to negotiate concerns like this.So whats the point of electing officials who can only forward compliants?Panther has already silenced our calls and now our only channel for recourse is a council that has no power?I say every driver,O/O and fleet owner that has issues just put the truck on hometime to seville,oh and go in person,flood the parking lot in seville untill things get a reasonable look at and get taken care of in a professional and timely manor!!!!!Maybee then after enough ppl get toghether things will get done?

It isn't that we forward complaints we talk to Panther about issues to try to work things out with them in a way that benifits us. Your calls that go no where go no where because 99% of the time people are complaining to drivers relations and the complaints never get to the right people at Panther. the drivers Council has access to the right people at the meetings Panther has been great when it comes to giving us the access. Durring a meeting if we feel the issue needs it we can get the person that heads the deparment that the issue with come and sit in for that part.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
yepp panther also told me,last sunday, that it was recommended by the driver council...guess they are just trying to pass the heat......but seriously some of these loads...100 mile dh for a mini ??? who does that benefit??? the driver, the owner....or maybe Panther??

I guess that depends on your contract and type of unit today I was 7th on the board and I got a mini offer that 6 other drivers passed on it had 106 miles dh with 117 miles loaded and it had a $0.13 fsc 3400 lbs 15 skids straight trucks passed on it also. This load paid me $403.01 now I am on the same board only now I have a first out because I took a mini. I could have passed on it and stayed on the board making $0.00 for the day and maybe I would have moved up 2 or 3 spots. I think that mini was a great load I even got lucky and it was completed in under 5 hrs total driving and loading/unloading

trkr75

Seasoned Expediter
I've had a run in or 2 with night/weekend dispatch They seem to play by their own rules but Monday afternoon i seem to get things fixed and when i have a problem i always try to get their name so i can pass it on on Mondays and sometimes if i have the privilege to talk with them again they seem to fix the problem
if we have problems with certain dispatcher we need to pass it on to someone else and maybe they can be shown how to do something
That is what the "submit a review or complaint" button is for on the owner site. If you can't access the owner site ask you fleet owner to do it for you. Every complaint is read and responded to. This was brought up before. I agree night time dispatch and weekend dispatch are horrible with communication but if we use this form to identify these people it will get better.

Ken Billings
Truck 9276
[email protected]

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
See now the system finally updated as of midnight and our rate has finally been fixed. Back up to 84% and number one on the board. But until 2pm todsy nothing got fixed. It doesn't get fixed instantly like some on here have stated!

I went back and looked i didn't see one post that says your numbers get fixed instantly. It takes 24 hrs and i have talked with Frank about it to see what can be done about that

chillycat

Not a Member
How do I really feel?

Fear of failure and fear of success are two common aspects of the fear of change, both reflecting similar negative beliefs of low self-worth and self-doubt. When strong self-worth is present, however, change can be welcomed as an opportunity for growth, forward movement, and personal fulfillment.

Almost synonymous with the fear of change is the fear of failure. Many people feel worried and anxious when they even think of undertaking new challenges because they doubt their abilities, their intelligence, their self-worth, or their capacity to overcome obstacles that may arise. They fear not measuring up, making a mistake, and being judged and humiliated. The possibility of failure threatens to dislodge their already low sense of worth and therefore does not merit the risk.

Conversely, when self-worth is strong, fear may still exist, but it no longer has the power to destabilize forward movement. "Failure" is perceived as a temporary setback or as a potential learning experience. Strong self-esteem enables individuals to focus on taking the steps necessary to ensure success, expressing itself in an unfolding of the self, the ability to strive, learn, and embrace new challenges and experiences.

Fear of success is the flip-side of fear of failure. Many people are ultimately afraid of unleashing their full potential, not because they fear they will fail, but because they fear their power and their ability to succeed. The idea of embracing happiness and truly succeeding may evoke many limiting beliefs stemming from low self-worth. For example, many people doubt whether they deserve happiness or whether sustained happiness is even possible. To that end, their fear of a non-sustainable success may cause them to choose to compromise themselves and their dreams. Such beliefs tap into deep-seated self-doubt, and often result in self-sabotage.

Those who fear the unknown of change and fail to meet head on the challenges of change and treat them as opportunities, often quickly retreat to being a victim of unfair change and will blame others for their failures. The fact is, we are the masters of our own destiny. The path we follow, while influenced by others, is nonetheless our own.

When I first read the Fleet Message announcing the change, my immediate thought was not that it was unfair, but rather, "How can I use this to my advantage, how can I make this work for me?"

Deffinatly not a cool thing to be cut and pasting others work. You led us to believe those were your words , placed into text form.

You wanted us to believe your intellect had defined the moment at hand.....and you were going to "school" us.

How can we ever again, trust in the things you write ?

2j1rdb8.jpg

n2e3cj.jpg

11jvold.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess Scuba and Turtle must have something special with dispatch because I did try all weekend long to get my refusals fixed. I guess I am just the unlucky one. But that's just me and my "more to the story" . You both come off with your high and mighty attitude like everybody else out here that has complained about this new change is either cherry pickers or whiners. I have several friends who are at the 100% that don't like this new rule too.

Got to love "the everybody else out here has complained about this new change" i went back and read every post in this thread up to this point and there are a total of 11 complaints about this issue 1 from twizted 1 fron redhotcpress 9 from you so can i ask you who is everyone??? there are other complaints about well Panther should have told us about it in a defferent way and those that think the Council had something to do with this i didn't count those.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I talked with Frank yesterday and passed on the wrongful refusals issues. He explained to me that both he and Sean sat down and went over the refusals with each and every person that picks up a phone when a driver calls in. And after going over the rules each person was required to sign a form saying that they have received all of the info on the policy and that they fully understand it. So again if you are hit with one USE THE COMPLAINT FORM THIS GIVES PANTHER THE INFO ON WHICH PERSON AT PANTHER ISN’T DOING THEIR JOB AND CORRECTIVE ACTION WILL TAKE PLACE. Now some of you will say they won’t do crap so why bother if you are one of those people stop complaining it’s wasted air. Frank is new and let’s give him a chance

redhotxpress

Seasoned Expediter
Scuba,

I guess better wording would have been for me to say maybe a suggestion by the driver's council for Panther to put it out to everyone, either via email or the Panther website or even a QC msg to tell everyone to check their email for info regarding this or anything else may have helped. The msg on the QC tells about the changes and when it also mentions the driver's council in the same message it links driver's council with the changes. The QC message left many questions unanswered that could have been covered in a more in-depth email or on the website. So, we have come to understand that this was not the driver's council idea, we, as drivers hope in the future that Panther would include us in the loop when these things come up so we know in advance and can then contact driver's council with our ideas beforehand instead of after the fact.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Of course you're only going to find a few complaints on here because unlike some people not everyone has a computer to access things like EO or the Panther website to be able to call their driver's council reps or even file a complaint thingy on the web. How are those people supossed to contact their driver's council? Do you whoever is on the council go up to other panther trucks you see and ask them if they have any issues to bring to the table? It's always about people coming to you not the other way around. I think if you were willing to be on the council then Panther should give out all the reps. cell numbers via the c link for people to be able to call!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Deffinatly not a cool thing to be cut and pasting others work. You led us to believe those were your words , placed into text form."

Why would you believe that? Someone asked how I really felt, I had recently read that article, and it nearly perfectly echoed my own feelings, so it was incorporated here to make a point. Nothing more.

"You wanted us to believe your intellect had defined the moment at hand.....and you were going to "school" us."

Not really, but if that explanation makes you happy, great.

How can we ever again, trust in the things you write ?"

I never expect anyone to agree or trust anything that I ever write. It's better to take what you read and then go research it yourself, getting information from as many sources as you can, and then reach your own conclusions. I use snippets from here and there, my own and others, to make my points. But they are, in the end, my points to make. If I take something from the net, it's always easy to find, usually with the simplest of Google search terms. I'm here to communicate ideas, not to attribute and footnote the details, as the details are secondary to the points. In this case, I used the parts of the article that I felt were relevant to my point, discarded what wasn't, and added my own to it, then presented it in a readable manner to get my point across. I stand by the method for the purposes of this venue.

chillycat

Not a Member
I stand by the method for the purposes of this venue.

And that's just fine. [guess I should of expected no less]

No doubt, your intention was to insinuate those thought provoking ideas were yours. You had all intention to deliver your statements as if they originated from you, first hand.

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means:

--to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own

--to use (another's production) without crediting the source
to commit literary theft

--to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

--In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves stealing someone else's work

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Honestly, it's a d@mn shame. [and a shamefull act]

I hate being Bamboozled

There's another one in the Soapbox - Ramos and Compean article was used "liberally" to echo his own feelings. Whether or not this "method" is acceptable for this venue is not for me to decide. However, it's still plagiarism no matter how much lipstick it's wearing.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And that's just fine. [guess I should of expected no less]
Correct, you should have expected no less.

No doubt, your intention was to insinuate those thought provoking ideas were yours. You had all intention to deliver your statements as if they originated from you, first hand.
The thoughts, ideas and the points to be made were mine. Some posts I make here are exclusively my own words, others may contain large chunks of others, with no real reason to reword them in any way. I use whatever I need to make my point as best I can. This in an informal venue, and I will post here in the same manner that I engage in any informal conversation. If something needs to be attributed for some reason, I do it. If it doesn't need to be attributed, I won't. My posts are already borderline mind-numbing as it is, without adding footnotes and attributions to them, as those would make no difference in the points I intend to make.

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means:...
Yes, thank you, I'm aware of what it means. I'm truly sorry if you are somehow aghast, shocked, offended and outraged at my behavior, but then again, I don't know you are really don't care what you think, especially since the bulk of your posting history has been to complain about how things are here, and to complain about some of the individuals who post here.

Like I've stated on many an occasion, I don't expect anyone to agree with anything I write or do on here, and this is just one example of it. If this a problem for you, I'll be more than happy to give you instructions on how to go to your Control Panel, Edit Ignore List, and add my name to it. Then you can be all happy happy and can move on to something else to complain about.

DougTravels

Not a Member
After reading this thread, I would like to add that
I feel there's nothing quite like the fear of change, and the fear of the unknown.

Fear of failure and fear of success are two common aspects of the fear of change, both reflecting similar negative beliefs of low self-worth and self-doubt. When strong self-worth is present, however, change can be welcomed as an opportunity for growth, forward movement, and personal fulfillment.

Almost synonymous with the fear of change is the fear of failure. Many people feel worried and anxious when they even think of undertaking new challenges because they doubt their abilities, their intelligence, their self-worth, or their capacity to overcome obstacles that may arise. They fear not measuring up, making a mistake, and being judged and humiliated. The possibility of failure threatens to dislodge their already low sense of worth and therefore does not merit the risk.

Conversely, when self-worth is strong, fear may still exist, but it no longer has the power to destabilize forward movement. "Failure" is perceived as a temporary setback or as a potential learning experience. Strong self-esteem enables individuals to focus on taking the steps necessary to ensure success, expressing itself in an unfolding of the self, the ability to strive, learn, and embrace new challenges and experiences.

Fear of success is the flip-side of fear of failure. Many people are ultimately afraid of unleashing their full potential, not because they fear they will fail, but because they fear their power and their ability to succeed. The idea of embracing happiness and truly succeeding may evoke many limiting beliefs stemming from low self-worth. For example, many people doubt whether they deserve happiness or whether sustained happiness is even possible. To that end, their fear of a non-sustainable success may cause them to choose to compromise themselves and their dreams. Such beliefs tap into deep-seated self-doubt, and often result in self-sabotage.

Those who fear the unknown of change and fail to meet head on the challenges of change and treat them as opportunities, often quickly retreat to being a victim of unfair change and will blame others for their failures. The fact is, we are the masters of our own destiny. The path we follow, while influenced by others, is nonetheless our own.

When I first read the Fleet Message announcing the change, my immediate thought was not that it was unfair, but rather, "How can I use this to my advantage, how can I make this work for me?" , Just my opinion DougTravels copyright 2009