Panther Refusal Stats

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Bruno you are so totally wrong this is a big difference. We have gone from 2nd on the board to 4th to 7th and so on down the board because our acceptance rate is 53%. And it's that way because of several different loads counting against us that shouldn't. And before anyone says, oooh call drivers relations, I HAVE tried all weekend and dispatch won't put me through to one and the one I did finally get said they can't do anything about it on the weekends! PERIOD. So every truck that comes in to Phoenix that has higher than the 67% rate goes on the board in front of us!
Some loads they are showing as refusals for us are ones we took. Even some ELite ones we took. Great system!!!!! But guess it doesn't matter as we now get called CHERRY PICKERS even by our own friends!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
2 things

But to say we dont try to contact? We have and been totally ignored. This is just one example and nowhere close to the only one. Dont get me wrong, I agree 100% with the new policy and as I said before, think it is long over due and only needs to be tweaked a bit. There is a new council in place and I will try again if the need arises but understand that I wont hold my breath waiting for it to be read.
I dont expect the council to be able to solve all our problems. But I do expect someone wanting my vote to atleast take the time to glance at it.
Having said that, There are many things the council has been able to get done and it is appreciated by most of us, but dont come in here saying we dont try to express ourselves to you. This is a new council and things my or may not change from the ways of the last but now it is YOU who have to show that you want our thoughts. That last council apparantly did not.

I can't speak for your Council member on how they responded or failed to respond but i can tell you that i have responded to each and every post that was sent to me. By the way i was on the last council as well as the current one. I posted both my email address and phone number < which i need to change since i changed my cell number when i moved so local people i know do not have to call me long distance. So I am sorry your rep didn't respond but please do not lump all of us in the same pile. By the way less than 10 people ever posted to me on the drivers web. Most have mupital posts but still the number of drivers using it is very poor. Then again I have 15 that call me and email me quite often. And even if their problem isn't a driver council issue i take the time to find out just who they need to talk to and pass that info back to them.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Ken trk you know you were called by us on several different things we wanted discussed with the new council so don't come on here and say nobody contacted you. And the only reason we contacted you and not our own straight truck council memeber is the same reason another posted said. Last council we emailed on a ton of occasions and NEVER EVER got any response back. This is a terrible system as is doesn't matter how nice you are to a dispatcher when refusing a load they will still hit you with a refual. Heck I've got ones for loads we took, and ones for loads not our rate, and ones when we were out of service for truck repairs! Now how is that fair? It's not. And yes I agree they should have set a date and started everyone back at the same 100% and work from there!

Taking you at your word that you tried to contact your former council member without any responce i would suggest you try to give the new one a shot. I will tell you straight up I take solo tractor issues up and if someone in another fleet brings me a problem if i remember i will pass it on to their rep or bring it up. But your issue is not going to be on the top of my list unless it effects the fleet i was elected to represent period.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I realize most O/Os wont have a issue with keeping your acceptance rate above 67%,
The driver council should amend the agreement with panther for these concerns.I just cant understand why,the current council would even agree on this action with out some amendments???Is it even possible now that you already agreed on the terms to change or amend it now?Also the box has been opened in my opinoin,watch for more unreasonable/not for the driver rules get implemented now!!!!

First less than 80 trucks are inpacted by this 2nd is a question. Do you not read all of the posts. The Drivers Council did not make any agreement with Panther this is something Panther told us they were doing. We didnt al Ken Billings post pointed out have anything to do with this. We weren't even asked what the % rate should be this is a Panther policy change that they made for business reasons.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The 67% number itself, as in a pass-fail, above-or-below scenario? Or is the number "itself" the actual Acceptance percentage, and a 97% trumps a 92% for board position?

I think its by the actual number your acceptance is.Which in turn determines your board position.99% bumps a 97%

You are WRONG AGAIN if you are @67% and on the board and i hit the board after you with 100% i fall in line behind you. 67-100 are treated the same for this program.you fall in line just like you would before unless you are below 67%

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Bruno you are so totally wrong this is a big difference. We have gone from 2nd on the board to 4th to 7th and so on down the board because our acceptance rate is 53%. And it's that way because of several different loads counting against us that shouldn't. And before anyone says, oooh call drivers relations, I HAVE tried all weekend and dispatch won't put me through to one and the one I did finally get said they can't do anything about it on the weekends! PERIOD. So every truck that comes in to Phoenix that has higher than the 67% rate goes on the board in front of us!
Some loads they are showing as refusals for us are ones we took. Even some ELite ones we took. Great system!!!!! But guess it doesn't matter as we now get called CHERRY PICKERS even by our own friends!

Either you have the worst luck of anyone i have ever heard of ,,,,,,,,,,or there is more to the story.
Drivers relations can remove any wrongful refusal at any time it even on the weekends. And if your numbers are 53% i would venture to say its mostly or your own making and are just looking for someone to blame.

On the other driver that posted about the 179 mile dh for 179 mi load heck yes i would take it im on flat rate. And you do not know that you will be third out when you get back those other trucks 1 could have gotten a load 2 may be below the 67% putting you on the top. Point is it's an unknown it's a gamble and life is a gamble. If you are in a straight truck look at the flat rate take your lasts months loads and apply the flat rate numbers to them. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY BOUIS compare apples to apples and see what the difference it. Thats what i did before i went to the flat rate and the least i would have made on the flat rate for those weeks was $200.00 more and that was the worst. so it made sence to do it. No need for me to turn down a long deadhead now. It's just something to think about

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
yepp panther also told me,last sunday, that it was recommended by the driver council...guess they are just trying to pass the heat......but seriously some of these loads...100 mile dh for a mini ??? who does that benefit??? the driver, the owner....or maybe Panther??

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
yepp panther also told me,last sunday, that it was recommended by the driver council...guess they are just trying to pass the heat......but seriously some of these loads...100 mile dh for a mini ??? who does that benefit??? the driver, the owner....or maybe Panther??

Well several ways to look at it this shipper has this mini for 77 miles and its a 100 mile dh for me that =$380.00 = $2.14 per mile not counting the fsc.
Now the other way to look at it is if Panther doesn't cover it and they call fedex bolt whoever and they cover it. The next laod they have they may bypass panther all together and that load may be 500 + miles its a roll of the dice. Yes it could be another mini as well thats where the gamble comes in.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Scuba you do not know me so do not call me a liar. I am still fighting this morning just to get the two loads we actually took fixed. So how is that my fault in any way. You come off with you high and mighty attitude on this. Just because someone gets below this new percentage does not in any way make them a bad person as you make it out to be. We have a d unit reefer truck which is a lot more expensive to run than the average straight truck and we make our run decisions based on good business sense and who is Panther to penalize us for this. This should have been sent out with more time awareness and everybody start back at 100%. That way it would have given everybody the same time and such to make these decisions knowing that their percentage would fall and this bumping would happen!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I see a lot of complaining here about being wrongfully hit with refusals. I am willing to bet that “most” people when hit with one just calls in about it and leaves it at that so here are the steps you should take when it happens.
1. You are already on either the driver’s web or the owners web so use the complaint form about the hit with the time and dispatchers name if you remember it.
2. 2. Call in to have it removed on the spot
It is in Panthers own self interest that the numbers are right so they send that load to the truck that is most likely to cover it. The reason to use the web complaint form is simple human beings yes when you call in the drivers relation person is supposed to log it but they may be busy and fix it and just move to the next call. When you use the web form there is a record of it and yes Sean looks at them and if joebobs name keeps getting complaints Sean can see that joebob has a supervisor go over the rules with him. And if joebob still doesn’t get it he can be sent packing and replaced with someone that can understand how it works. Sean sees every complaint that is sent in on the web

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
And this is one of the times where the Drivers page not updating does not work in your favor. they might change it and on the weekend especially it can take up to 48 hours to update.

The stats the dispatchers are looking at are right but your maybe seeing a different number.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Scuba you do not know me so do not call me a liar. I am still fighting this morning just to get the two loads we actually took fixed. So how is that my fault in any way. You come off with you high and mighty attitude on this. Just because someone gets below this new percentage does not in any way make them a bad person as you make it out to be. We have a d unit reefer truck which is a lot more expensive to run than the average straight truck and we make our run decisions based on good business sense and who is Panther to penalize us for this. This should have been sent out with more time awareness and everybody start back at 100%. That way it would have given everybody the same time and such to make these decisions knowing that their percentage would fall and this bumping would happen!

1 You are right I do not know you
2 I never called you a liar
3 If you refused loads for whatever reason you in fact know that by doing so has an impact on your stats
4 Panther is not the federal government and you are not aig everything we do as humans has a cause and affect this is one of those things. And it isn’t Panthers job to make you whole after you dug your own hole
5 You stated that you are @ 53% if Panther brings you up to 100% shouldn’t I go to 147% since I took some of those loads that you wouldn’t take?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
And this is one of the times where the Drivers page not updating does not work in your favor. they might change it and on the weekend especially it can take up to 48 hours to update.

The stats the dispatchers are looking at are right but your maybe seeing a different number.

I talked [via email] with Frank about this 2 days ago the drivers web only shows last 7, 14, 30 days stats and not real time stats and he told me he would look into getting the i/t guys to fix it. That being said dont think it will happen today. Things take time it depends on what the i/t guys have on their plate

TwoMotherTrkrs

Seasoned Expediter
Ken, I'd like to know exactly what the Council is planning with the "Canadian Team" now so we don't get blindsided with that one the same way this one got us.

Unfortunately, clear, concise communication is not part of benefit package from Panther or Driver Council. You folks go what seems like 'forever' without communicating exactly what is going on with the action items or posting meeting minutes, and then whoosh, unexpected CHANGE without training or buy-in! We already have enough problems with dispatch charging refusals inappropriately, without putting more power in the worth of a "refusal".

Perhaps we need a Driver Council Suggestions thread. Some might prefer the anonimity of a of a screen name on this site. Perhaps folks choose not to state their opinions on the Panther site for fear of consequence.

brandi323

Seasoned Expediter
Trk payment, qc,ins, text, fuel ect Cost for this load 134.00 and now i sit. i gave up my board posistion have ben sitting for 2 days.and by the way were on this load for a total of. 9 hours. I wish someone can prove to me this team made money off of this. This was just a general load.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Ok Scuba here we go some more. Finally got my driver's relations person to fix these refusals at 2pm today and NO NO NO they do not show in your percentage right away. She is telling me now that is takes 24 hrs or more to show in it so we will still continue to be bumped all the rest of the day!

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
And I also asked her how many days back with this percentage will it show to affect our board position? Do they base it on the last 7,14, or 30 days? No answer yet on that one either!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Two Mothers Trucking
1 Posting on the Panther site is safe this is my 2nd term on the Drivers Council and so far to the best of my knowledge Panther does not go into the Council site. It is password protected and each member created their own password. When I have had issues with my site I get them resolved when I go to Panther and I have to be the one to open it for them. They fixed my problem without reading drivers posts to me all that shows on the main page is your name I have to click on it to read what you posted. Some posts have been angry posts and no one has ever related to me that they got any contact from Panther after posting.
2 Not all of the members are on EO so a thread here doesn’t mean it will be read by the right person. You are a team tractor right? Ken Billings and his wife are your reps.
3 Your question is a little vague but I think I can answer it. I am guessing its about clearing inbound loads to Canada so ill start there. I have held phone meetings with Joe Leto Andy Clarke and Frank about the problems with getting the right broker info. Shipper, cons, and 3rd party payer all may use a different broker and to be honest with you the person that books the load with us always thinks it’s their broker. My suggestion to Panther on this is to have the driver that picks up a Canada load to put the pars sticker on the paperwork and fax everything to Panther and let them figure it out so the driver never has to stop in order to fax to another broker. When the load clears then Panther sends a qc message saying you are clear to go to the boarder. This saves time and money for everyone. The last time that I talked to Frank about this he said he was looking at that and looking at hiring a company to process the paperwork in the same manner that is being done now to clear a load coming out of Canada
4 If this is about the speed limiter issue it is Canada’s law if you want to run Canada you will need to turn your truck down
5 Panther is now using the old Alumiabunk building as a cross dock
If I didn’t hit your question please ask again but refine it for me thanks

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
And I also asked her how many days back with this percentage will it show to affect our board position? Do they base it on the last 7,14, or 30 days? No answer yet on that one either!

Go to the Panther folder and read Turttles thread on stats he giives you a complete breakdown on how its figured

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther implemented this change in the wrong way. It would never be popular or accepted but it could be implemented in a manner that would cause less frustration and animosity. They should have set up a mechanism through the driver web as well as an automated macro that gives current acceptance ratio. Nothing else should have happened until that system was in place.

Once that was done it should have been clearly explained how the ratio is determined. Since older numbers fall off the back end they should have said on this date, mo/d/yr, the acceptance ratio will reflect your acceptance starting now. Prior acceptances and refusals will have no effect on your number. The following day, mo/d+1/yr, we will implement the new system as previously outlined. Then on the day half way to mo/d/yr they should have sent a reminder as well as another reminder 10-14 days prior.

There still would have been moaning and complaining but it would have started everyone out equally since only future decisions would factor into the number.