Your Sprinter Sleeper

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Turtle I seen the pictures and they were nice but I did not see anything that keep you from the load. I think I would need a wall for me. I also would like to know which sprinter you have the 144", 170", or the 170" extended van. You did say you have qualcomm is it the MCP 200...Thanks from Linda and Micheal..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I had an Adrian Steel metal bulkhead in mine when I bought it. Took it out first thing. After living in an F-350 for so long, I wanted Big Sky Montana in here, the open range, wide open spaces. I wanted to be able to get in front of the freight to secure it, and to push it out if necessary.

As for how long it is, man, I dunno. It's not a number I've had the need to remember. It goes all the way back to the rear bumper, tho. :D

Nine feet for cargo, five feet for the studio apartment. It's the longest, tallest they made in '05. Somebody will know the number.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still have my steel wall in the garage! I like Turtle like the "open concept" we spend a lot of time in our tuna cans...I can get up and go for a walk when empty....LOL

Monty

Expert Expediter
I think I posted this once before, but I really like the Midway conversion .. but it is a tad heavy. And if I were to ever purchase one again, I would INSIST on a lighter bunk frame, that steel channel is simply to heavy!

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Thanks I learned more. I am thinking to have wall or no wall. Your is great I hope I can do something like it. I just have see what I need mainly for my wife. I will use the air mat and a place to keep food and drinks with my wife meds. I hope to see you at the expo this year. Thank you again from Linda and Micheal

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
I think I posted this once before, but I really like the Midway conversion .. but it is a tad heavy. And if I were to ever purchase one again, I would INSIST on a lighter bunk frame, that steel channel is simply to heavy!

I love this sleeper, does anyone know if they make it for the 170" sprinter? (or if it would fit) Anyone come out of pocket for it? My wife saw that and fell in love with it, so guess what we just HAVE to put in our sprinter in 3 years?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are too heavy and really do not leave enough free weight for profitable cargo from what i have see.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
Oh? We want to be profitable...maybe we don't NEED this sleeper thing.....or maybe I just need to make some more measurements and plan out a much smaller area.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some companies 2 kids is fine. There are places out there that build lighter sleepers than midway. It just depends what works for you.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
Thing is, we intend to run it like a team truck, one sleeping while the other drives to extend our range SAFELY. So technically we should have a sleeper area of some sort. We're looking at a 170" WB sprinter, so we'd have room for at LEAST 2 skids even with a sleeper. I really need to start looking into that and get actual measurements on the sleepers vs. cargo floor. I'm more worried about the weight than I am the size though.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Hey Ken, EB is on the smaller side. Not like us guys that have some girth to us.

Skinny= E.B. That man is so skinny he avoids sewer grates for fear of falling through one

LOL jes kiddin EB

Ps: remember the con-tech fiasco with bolt

Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums mobile app

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thing is, we intend to run it like a team truck, one sleeping while the other drives to extend our range SAFELY. So technically we should have a sleeper area of some sort. We're looking at a 170" WB sprinter, so we'd have room for at LEAST 2 skids even with a sleeper. I really need to start looking into that and get actual measurements on the sleepers vs. cargo floor. I'm more worried about the weight than I am the size though.
For a team setup, I would probably go with the 170" extended Sprinter. You could build it so that you have a bed behind the seats and a movable bulkhead. You could carry 3 skids plus have a bed available.

mzraik

Active Expediter
BTW, I've completely redone my battery bank, replacing the 12-volt POS Walmart batteries with higher end Trojan batteries (floor scrubber and aerial lift type batteries). I'll post some pics and info when I get dаmned good and ready.

Don't forget the ventilation for the batteries! A 2" hose to the open cargo area might be in order...

Looks great the way you have it wired and controlled.

mohawk

Active Expediter
So the bunk idea ive banged together is leaving me with about 120" of cargo. Is this gonna be adequate space or should i try for more? Im trying to make sure i dont run into any problems down the road with fitting cargo.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A lot depends on who you are going to work for. That's plenty for most carriers.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The nice thing is with a 39 mattress he would still have space for a fridge and some shelfs. If your going to have less than 150 inches cargo space you may as well make the bunk area roomy enough.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123