Your Sprinter Sleeper

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So after looking at a few sprinters this weekend for an expediter and seeing a one interesting one, I wondered how EO members have their's setup?

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I'll have a new bed arrangement after I get my vehicle out of the shop in the next couple weeks (other repairs). Nothing fancy, but it will run crossways behind the seats and over my fridge. It will fold up to the wall behind the driver seat. Up or down there will be 146" for freight without having to move the fridge.

eb

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
tt a couple who moved to a hino and they had a double futon mattress on the floor in the big metal box. brrrrrrrrr.

another couple from all state(?) had a n.c mfger(guy used to advertise here. don't know if he still does) make a queen width futon in their 08.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
personally I want a "fixed" wall between "my personal area and the cargo area...that means the bed runs across the width of the van not the length....Even if insulated, a big hightop sprinter is alot of area the heat and keep cool, with a wall seperating the 2 areas, its alot easier to do both....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg are you going to a Sprinter?

Wow!! where have you been?

Not yet, unless you want my truck :p

This is for someone else who is getting into this business.

With the number of Sprinter owners here, I thought it would be a good start to ask, but ...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Considering Sprinter were going for about 34-38k in 2005
$41,000 isn't that bad...especially with all the new add ons and the size alone...185" of cargo space? wow

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well OVM, the sprinter is a first gen, not the new fancy complex electrical system on wheels.

So how is your's setup?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well OVM, the sprinter is a first gen, not the new fancy complex electrical system on wheels.

So how is your's setup?

I've kept it simple Greg...nothing fancy after all I am in the business of hauling freight, not luxury items...
A fold down bed..mattress to the roof, bed against the wall for anything over 8 foot long, a Honda 2000 gen and a Microwave on the front wall out of the way...I have kept the 3 skid capacity..

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
This is the rear view of my sleeper arrangement with the van removed.

eb

Attachments

• cot1.jpg
    cot1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • cot2.jpg
    cot2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 763
  • cot3.jpg
    cot3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 717
  • cot4.jpg
    cot4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 739
  • cot5.jpg
    cot5.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 856

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Thanks. I highly modified a couple Ikea garage storage shelves, so that the depth of the shelves are within the depth of the wheel wells. I used a couple more of the Ikea shelves, piano hinges, and a couple table leg hinges and 2x2's for the bed section.

eb

Attachments

• cot6.jpg
    cot6.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 542
  • cot7.jpg
    cot7.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Reactions: Sharky-OTR

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks. I highly modified a couple Ikea garage storage shelves, so that the depth of the shelves are within the depth of the wheel wells. I used a couple more of the Ikea shelves, piano hinges, and a couple table leg hinges and 2x2's for the bed section.

eb

you must be a skinny guy..that mattress is way to thin for me...and narrow as well...just how wide is it?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Ken, EB is on the smaller side. Not like us guys that have some girth to us.

Girth? Girth? thats good livin and even better lovin...:)
I am imagining something like that but wider and lengthwise instead...flip up to wall...on hinges..

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I was the guy who went into the storm drains to retrieve whatever needed retrieving. If my head got through I got through.

19 inches across. It could go a few inches wider, but the ready-made shelves work well enough for me. The main thing here was to have space for three pallets and room for the cot. As for the mattress I had always planned on a more conventional one, but this inflatable one works so well, I prefer it now.

eb