Your Sprinter Sleeper

SAllen81570

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
All I use to sleep in my van is a cot with a twin mattress ontop of it. flip the bed against the wall and fold up the cot. What is going to get me is this winter. May have to idle my 2010 Freightliner SPrinter 2500s.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Old thread but still worth sharing!

I utilized the underside of my seats with some aluminum framing to create a relatively large bed even with 3 skids... I rely on the residual heat feature of my sprinter (2008) it keeps it warm for an hour or so enough to fall asleep in my mummy bag... I have an EGR delete tune as well so I can idle when extremes occur I still bump the throttle to 900rpm or so

Sent from my flying circus

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
I've kept it simple Greg...nothing fancy after all I am in the business of hauling freight, not luxury items...
A fold down bed..mattress to the roof, bed against the wall for anything over 8 foot long, a Honda 2000 gen and a Microwave on the front wall out of the way...I have kept the 3 skid capacity..

Being in this a month I have had a 3 skid load once. How often do you get them? Do you think it's critical to keep 3 skid capacity?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
when you are having one of those stinking, bad streaks that one three skidder can turn a losing week into a winner. ive had a couple months that were so bad that a single three skid load would have doubled my income for the month. if three skids is not possible in your vehicle, forget about it and conduct business accordingly. if three is possible, its a shame to cut off that possiblilty.

eb

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Being in this a month I have had a 3 skid load once. How often do you get them? Do you think it's critical to keep 3 skid capacity?

I like having the ability to carry 3...it will get you out of areas sometimes..
got to laredo over the summer was #5 ..because I had the longest length.. i was in n out in a few hours...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I remember once in Laredo a 3-skid Sprinter way down on the board got loaded out way ahead of me and he was all, like, "Hahahaha" all the way to Little Rock. About an hour later I got one skid and kinda giggled all the way to Boston.

Reactions: GuyUpNorth

SuperRookieTrucker

New Recruit
Driver
What’s the deal on sharing mattresses my boss seems to think that he can use three mattresses in six drivers and we have to share the mattress