You should all be ashamed of yourselves

moose

Veteran Expediter
Last night, and for the first time here in this community, a new low was reached.
when specific Antisemitic remarked have been posted on the open forum.
many of you red those remarks, and continued like it is old news.
this kind of aggressive behavior is unacceptable in modern society.
and to make thing worst, those barbarian posts have been posted by the name of Christianity, simply telling Christians that read those lines, how it is their duty to kill other peoples, burns their temples, violet then and so on.
unspeakable words of promoting Antisemitic at it's very worst.
by not sounding a voice, it made each and every one of you guilty by association.
howcome none of you sounded a voice and stood to protect our way of life?
don't you know right from wrong ?
Didn't we learn something for history?, don't we understand the danger of a published word?
if you don't stand up for Jew's, howcome you don't stand up for Christianity ?
personally, i did not red those posts till late at night.
once i did, i immediately contacted the administrator and demanded the removal of those dangerous wordings.
to my horror, late this morning i found out that those posts are still sitting on the servers of OnTimeMedia, for everyone to read.
as i told the administrator, this is in direct violation of federal law.
ontime media needs to take immediate actions to remove those posts, prevent access to them, and prevent such sick violence from accoutring again.
Play nice now.
thanks
Shalom Jacobs,
Minnesota.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I read through it, and in my opinion.. RLENT was giving his opinion that modern day Christians hate Jews, which is not true.. at least not among ones I know. The quoting of advocating violence was quoting Adolf Hitler, which I really don't think any Christians I know are going to think is an acceptable voice to follow?

I saw nowhere that he advocated violence, this was all in past tense, showing how mislead people were.

Dale

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over react much? You condemn people like myself who choose to ignore religious based threads.
You can PM me your apology if you wish.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
Direct violation of federal law? Really? I disagree with any harsh words against Jews (God's chosen people) but when Federal law dictates what a person can or can not say, it is a slippery slope to a society I would rather not live in.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Direct violation of federal law? Really? I disagree with any harsh words against Jews (God's chosen people) but when Federal law dictates what a person can or can not say, it is a slippery slope to a society I would rather not live in.

I think he is referring to federal laws pertaining to hate speech...

I don't disagree with any harsh words against any religion....let them pass the sniff test and be held accountable....I am tired of hugging the Jews or the Muslims or Catholics because of political correctness...

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
I read through it, and in my opinion.. RLENT was giving his opinion that modern day Christians hate Jews, which is not true.. at least not among ones I know. The quoting of advocating violence was quoting Adolf Hitler, which I really don't think any Christians I know are going to think is an acceptable voice to follow?

I saw nowhere that he advocated violence, this was all in past tense, showing how mislead people were.

Dale
The problem is not with what a poster said, or what his opinions are, posters are more them welcome to sound them at any given time.
the problem is the publications and distributions of parts from this book of hate on Ontime media servers for everyone to read.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Over react much? You condemn people like myself who choose to ignore religious based threads.
You can PM me your apology if you wish.
i Am apologizing for that. if you did not read those words, then you on the clear, and did not do wrong. it was a mistake to include you in general.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem is not with what a poster said, or what his opinions are, posters are more them welcome to sound them at any given time.
the problem is the publications and distributions of parts from this book of hate on Ontime media servers for everyone to read.

Has this book been banned in the US?...has the author been charged with a hate crime in connection with this book?...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's probably fair to say that so long as one stays within the boundaries of this website's code of conduct, it's permissable to display personal characteristics such as arrogance, ignorance, bigotry, racism, delusional moral superiority and opinions like sympathy for islamic terrorists, open contempt for the US military and its members, - the list goes on ad nauseum. Probably better to just ignore stuff like this since it's all noise and no substance.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
- Mark Twain

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I read through it, and in my opinion ... RLENT was giving his opinion that modern day Christians hate Jews, which is not true ... at least not among ones I know.
In that case you might want to read it again ... it's just a little more nuanced than that ;)

I don't think there is any doubt - at least not in my mind - that there are some who would claim to be Christians, who harbor anti-semitic feelings and hatred for, not only the Jews, but for other Semites as well (along with blacks, 'spics, chinks, and gooks, of course :rolleyes:) - the term Semitic encompassing a wide variety of peoples, far broader than just the Jews/Hebrews themselves alone.

I presented the thoughts and observations of a Jew - a lady who is a student/scholar of Judiac studies - who detailed the Christian church's own involvement in fostering widespread anti-semitism, in fact, essentially institutionalizing it, in times gone by within the church itself. I suspect that this may well be something that most present day Christians are largely unaware of ...

The point of doing this was actually several-fold, including the following:

1. Raise awareness (those who forget history are doomed to repeat it)

2. To try and convey how repugnant the idea of proselytizing to others of a different faith might be to some, and specifically why that might be so.

The second point shouldn't be all that difficult for present day Christians to understand, if not from the viewpoint of a Jew, but from their own viewpoint - in light of the amount of hysteria that exists with regard to Islam.

The first point is perhaps a little more difficult (at least for some) - but the point, in terms of applicability to present circumstances is that there are parallels, between the anti-semitic hatred directed at the Jews and the hatred directed at Muslims.

The quoting of advocating violence was quoting Adolf Hitler, which I really don't think any Christians I know are going to think is an acceptable voice to follow?
I guess that depends on which people it is directed against ... :rolleyes:

Personally, I would say that there is no shortage of (so-called) Christians who are presently on a "crusade" ... whether that be either in a literal or figurative sense ...

And there is certainly no shortage of modern-day Hitler wanna-be's ...

Correct.

I advocate for peace and tolerance amongst all peoples - regardless of race or creed ... along with justice of course ...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe he may have been more focused on the articles you used verses the actual message you were trying to convey. Just my take after reading through it and his response.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Last night, and for the first time here in this community, a new low was reached.
when specific Antisemitic remarked have been posted on the open forum.
many of you red those remarks, and continued like it is old news.
this kind of aggressive behavior is unacceptable in modern society.
The only one who is being aggressive here is you - by seeking to stifle speech - and the worst part of that is that you actually operating from a point of ignorance or misunderstanding as to why what was posted, was posted ... and what the intent behind doing so actually was.

I make no secret of the fact that I have serious problems with certain actions of the State of Israel ... or with fanatical, militant Zionism (a thing which is a relatively recent phenomena in the big scheme of things)

That however does not equate to anti-semitism or hatred of the Jewish people - far from it - and any attempt to say that it does is simply an effort to conflate things which are actually entirely separate.

The fact of the matter is I am far from alone in these positions - and, in fact, I would say that in some instances I am in rather good company:

and to make thing worst, those barbarian posts have been posted by the name of Christianity, simply telling Christians that read those lines, how it is their duty to kill other peoples, burns their temples, violet then and so on.
No - you completely miss the point of why they were posted - try reading Dale's reply to you regarding this.

Your (covert) attack on me is actually highly misplaced - if it is being done on the basis that I'm anti-semitic ... nothing could be further from the truth.

unspeakable words of promoting Antisemitic at it's very worst.
The words were not unspeakable (evidenced by the fact that they were in fact spoken or written at some point) and considering the fact of the manner in which they were presented, they DID NOT promote anti-semitism - they actually condemned it.

Had I actually wished to promote them, I would have presented what I believe you found objectionable, without an accompanying Jewish voice - a voice which critiqued and condemned them.

Think about it.

by not sounding a voice, it made each and every one of you guilty by association.
howcome none of you sounded a voice and stood to protect our way of life?
don't you know right from wrong ?
Didn't we learn something for history?, don't we understand the danger of a published word?
The above is a complete load of BS ... particularly when the context is correctly considered.

I do however understand your sensitivity to the issue ... even if it is misplaced ...

if you don't stand up for Jew's, howcome you don't stand up for Christianity ?
Why stand up and defend the indefensible ? (the misguided actions of some - who claimed to be Christians - but rather trafficked in hatred of, and violence towards, their fellow man)

i did not red those posts till late at night.
once i did, i immediately contacted the administrator and demanded the removal of those dangerous wordings.
Yeah well ... that right there about says it all.

to my horror, late this morning i found out that those posts are still sitting on the servers of OnTimeMedia, for everyone to read.
So you feel that ignorance of the fact these words were actually spoken is somehow bliss ?

You think it better that Christians remain ignorant of the history of their own church's anti-semitism ?

as i told the administrator, this is in direct violation of federal law.
Complete and total bovine fecal matter ...

ontime media needs to take immediate actions to remove those posts, prevent access to them, and prevent such sick violence from accoutring again. Play nice now.
I'm fairly sure that you would be quite content to have negative things said about Muslims (as you yourself have, in fact, done) ... but to tolerate no absolutely no criticism whatsoever of the modern State of Israel ...

Such a position is completely hypocritical almost beyond belief ... and it surely ain't playing nice.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I believe he may have been more focused on the articles you used verses the actual message you were trying to convey. Just my take after reading through it and his response.
Probably an accurate observation ...

I was rather disappointed that the thread was locked - since it eliminated any possibility of a response on my part, to clarify the points I was attempting to make and bring about understanding of what was meant and intended.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's probably fair to say that so long as one stays within the boundaries of this website's code of conduct, it's permissable to display personal characteristics such as arrogance, ignorance, bigotry, racism, delusional moral superiority
Hey ... all of the above has been working for you - so yeah, why not ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you'll treat us to a few more instances of your referring to the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. as our "boy" president ...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think there is any doubt - at least not in my mind - that there are some who would claim to be Christians, who harbor anti-semitic feelings and hatred for, not only the Jews, but for other Semites as well (along with blacks, 'spics, chinks, and gooks, of course :rolleyes:) - the term Semitic encompassing a wide variety of peoples, far broader than just the Jews/Hebrews themselves alone.
You (inadvertently) omitted the Micks. Just thought I would point this out.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey ... all of the above has been working for you - so yeah, why not ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you'll treat us to a few more instances of your referring to the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. as our "boy" president ...

What else to you call an immature male other than boy? :confused:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . I am tired of hugging the Jews or the Muslims or Catholics because of political correctness...

Nobody is asking anyone to be politicaly correct, just fair in their criticism. Comparing Israels policy towards Hamas in Gaza and South Africa's old apartheid laws are apples and oranges.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nobody is asking anyone to be politicaly correct, just fair in their criticism. Comparing Israels policy towards Hamas in Gaza and South Africa's old apartheid laws are apples and oranges.

Really?....I am just wondering when the U.N. will officially grant land to the Palestinines to set up their own country?.....Hmmmm?