Canada Would you go to Canada for_______

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If you was offered a chance to have a base of $1500.00 a week plus $1.00 a mile loaded and .50 for deadhead going in and out of Canada. Now you can't turn down any loads and have to run Sunday from 6pm till Friday 6pm. Would you run these loads if you was based out of the Detroit and was a O/O with a D unit. The company even paid the tolls for going in and out of Canada

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Absolutely!!! IF, I lived in the Detroit area, and wanted to stay close to home.
Here ya go Hawk!!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure because I am now an employee and not an ic since I cannot turn down loads.

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Does that come with FSC? If truck runs 1500 miles loaded only
( as an example ) does the truck gross $3000??? PLUS FSC??

BTW...I'm from Detroit and looking....or is this a "what if " question?

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think I would have a harder time with the "living in Detroit".

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks to everyone who called our recruiting department about this. But, this is not Load One that Bruno is talking about.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you was offered a chance to have a base of $1500.00 a week plus $1.00 a mile loaded and .50 for deadhead going in and out of Canada. Now you can't turn down any loads and have to run Sunday from 6pm till Friday 6pm. Would you run these loads if you was based out of the Detroit and was a O/O with a D unit. The company even paid the tolls for going in and out of Canada

Dave,
Are these regular runs?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hmmm...sounds like a run I'd never see.....LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Shawn even if you seen it, you'd have to turn it down....no cash to run your business does that to you....:rolleyes:

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
any load that pays our " minimum' + fsc gets our wheels turning. But for a weekly run I'd have to say we'd be passing it over. It's uhm okay money( for maybe a single) but personally prefer the change of scenery we get with every run, and the oppourtunity to make more. Going in and out of Canada isn't the problem, we do it often enough I'm thinking of renewing my Canadian passport!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

The gurantee would be great as long as you didnt have to move your truck.If you ended up going 1500 miles a week,half loaded half empty,you would only be getting your guarantee
Ive known guys that got a 2500 gurantee,and lost money doing it