why have threads

transporter

Expert Expediter
dakota, as i already said it is likely the non banter treads wont last long so what. they will give those that like no banter a place to go.
this way those non banters wont be bothering you with there non bantering. i am thinking of you buddy. you shouldnt have to tolerate their non bantering or spell checking.

transporter

Expert Expediter
dakota, tax forum, carrier forum these are your examples.
carrier forums are irrelvant they are resticted to members only.
tax forum, come on really. tax forum really

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you say so, I do my best to be as insulting as possible. :confused:
Is there something on your mind?
Hmmm I was referred to as Hitler and then called Slammin Jim. And I'm the one who is trying to insult? I guess the little grin I put next to the closed mind comment really set you off. :rolleyes:

Oh my mistake, here I thought I was repeating what JuJu had called you.:rolleyes:
As for the Hitler thing, I am not sure what you are referencing, BUT, rest assured I would never insult Hitler by comparing him to you.:D

transporter

Expert Expediter
he translated zeig heil into hitler. but you probly already knew that. which being called a nazi or hitler is a little extreem to say in the least

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Seig Heil

Literally it means Hail [the] victory!

It's considered an inappropriate saying presently, though, because of it's ties to Nazism in the Second World War.

transporter

Expert Expediter
yes dakota you are write in its meaning. but in context of how and when used. it was meant to call jaminjim hitler for his feelings about members using some self control when bantering.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
yes dakota you are write in its meaning. but in context of how and when used. it was meant to call jaminjim hitler for his feelings about members using some self control when bantering.

No Zack....you have that wrong. It was meant to emphasize that some people feel the need to control others to suit their own agenda.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No Zack....you have that wrong. It was meant to emphasize that some people feel the need to control others to suit their own agenda.

Control? Agenda?
When a handful of members get in the habit of dominating threads with off topic personal chat, and others POLITELY ask them to dial it down a notch or two, you see that as controlling?
And what's their agenda? To make EO boring?
Explain, please - I don't get it.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Control? Agenda?
When a handful of members get in the habit of dominating threads with off topic personal chat, and others POLITELY ask them to dial it down a notch or two, you see that as controlling?
And what's their agenda? To make EO boring?
Explain, please - I don't get it.

Cheri..I don't tell you how to speak or where to speak...why would anyone have the need to say that to me? THAT is what's beyond MY comprehension?????:confused:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
ok i stand corrected juju. i am wondering what you think my personal agenda is

I honestly do NOT have a clue as to your personal agenda..unless it's to be hired by Load 1 to obtain cheesecake and pickles and 100 buck Thanksgiving dinners..:p

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
and THAT thread died..you still don't see a December without banter thread!

as did Jaminjim's attempt to keep the banter contained. How many ways can I say "Sig Heil!"

Oh, this is what jim was crying about.:cool:
Kind of tacky for him to question me and reference the two things
stated by jujubeans as if I had said them.
What a joke.
Twist words out of context then cry when someone calls you on it.:eek::cool::D

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This thread has reached: SERIOUS BANTER LEVEL RED:D

The National Guard has been alerted.;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri..I don't tell you how to speak or where to speak...why would anyone have the need to say that to me? THAT is what's beyond MY comprehension?????:confused:
Juju, in the normal course of things, no one would have the need to tell you how or where to speak - but what we're trying to point out is that too many posts that are off topic and/or personal are not the normal course of things.
Like when ChefDennis was flooding the Soapbox with cut & paste: some is fine, but too much is bound to irritate and annoy people after awhile.
I've said it many times: EO is a community - we know each other. Some we like, others not so much - but we really need to respect the wishes of the whole, [collectively] for it to remain a successful site.
The reason I spoke up is that those who don't will simply disappear, without a word, and I don't want that to happen, ok? Because if we wait till they're gone to ask why they left, it will be too late.

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey john didnt say only load1 members.
the pickle lady has i thought givin her pickles to none load1 members.
that said i guess it wasnt me you were saying had a personnal agenda.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
dabluz just because you treat this as a joke and answer with sarcasm doesnt mean others feel the same

And you are absolutely 100% correct.
Of course you know there are many of us who are not as dry and
humorless as you would like us to be, so I guess we are on an even playing field.
No-one can tell anyone how to express themselves.
All banter aside, I find it hilarious you even brought that up.
Forgive me Father, for, I HAVE SINNED:eek: