why have threads

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Juju, in the normal course of things, no one would have the need to tell you how or where to speak - but what we're trying to point out is that too many posts that are off topic and/or personal are not the normal course of things.
Like when ChefDennis was flooding the Soapbox with cut & paste: some is fine, but too much is bound to irritate and annoy people after awhile.
I've said it many times: EO is a community - we know each other. Some we like, others not so much - but we really need to respect the wishes of the whole, [collectively] for it to remain a successful site.
The reason I spoke up is that those who don't will simply disappear, without a word, and I don't want that to happen, ok? Because if we wait till they're gone to ask why they left, it will be too late.

Since I almost never post in the soap box...usually only in the location or load one threads I am failing to see your point cheri..

And while I don't feel the need to defend chef dennis..he's quite capable of doing that himself..I like and respect the man...as I like and respect many others on this site. You will notice that I don't get bent out of shape until someone tells me what I can't do. I may not like the way people break up their posts to make their points, but I just pass them with no comment as it's NOT THAT OFFENSIVE! I may not like your former purple prose, but I've never mentioned that before either..thanks for going to blue btw!

As the old saying goes...quit trying to be so offended..:cool:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
hey john didnt say only load1 members.
the pickle lady has i thought givin her pickles to none load1 members.
that said i guess it wasnt me you were saying had a personnal agenda.

Actually the only none load 1 person to get pickles was Eddie and he's a friend of mine..and I will send some out for you when Ken comes home for Christmas, but you gotta wind up in the same state as he's in at the same time to get them!:)

transporter

Expert Expediter
dabluz if it is nothing but a joke deserving of sarcasm then why have multiple people voiced their oppinion of agrreement on this.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Oh, this is what jim was crying about.:cool:
Kind of tacky for him to question me and reference the two things
stated by jujubeans as if I had said them.
What a joke.
Twist words out of context then cry when someone calls you on it.:eek::cool::D
Maybe this 'conversation' should be taken private, there seems to be more than what meets the eye.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
dabluz if it is nothing but a joke deserving of sarcasm then why have multiple people voiced their oppinion of agrreement on this.

It is a topic, not a joke, worthy of as much input (whether a multitude agree or not) as one or a million + care to contribute.
Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch, but your side of the fence isnt the only view.
If I want to to look at the world with rose colored glasses and tongue in check, you are not the one , let me repeat that, you are in no shape or form the one, hmmm, let me see if I can express myself a little clearer, I will say, what I want, how I want, when I want.
That being said, I would back your right to do the same.
Of course I would, all bantering aside.:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Since I almost never post in the soap box...usually only in the location or load one threads I am failing to see your point cheri..
Yes, you are - maybe my fault, for typing too fast. I was using the prior incident as a comparison: one member was engaging in behavior that others found annoying [flooding the Soapbox]. After it was pointed out to him, he backed it down - didn't stop, because we didn't ask that, just dialed it down some to a reasonable level.

And while I don't feel the need to defend chef dennis..he's quite capable of doing that himself..I like and respect the man...as I like and respect many others on this site. You will notice that I don't get bent out of shape until someone tells me what I can't do. I may not like the way people break up their posts to make their points, but I just pass them with no comment as it's NOT THAT OFFENSIVE!
I don't like misspellings, and misused words - but that's a personal thing, and I keep my mouth shut about it. The current issue is one that I feel may be causing people [members and lurkers] to go elsewhere, and that's something that should be discussed.
I may not like your former purple prose, but I've never mentioned that before either..thanks for going to blue btw!
I'm liking the blue, too.:)

As the old saying goes...quit trying to be so offended..:cool:
I'm not offended, I'm concerned - I don't want EO to become a site that makes potential members and lurkers feel unwelcome, not part of the 'in group', or whatever, and too much personal chat has that effect, IMO.
I like Diva's suggestion of a chat room - or maybe a chat thread?:confused:

transporter

Expert Expediter
dabluz what have i said limits your ability comunicate on eo. why do you fell the need to force your banter tyranny on every other member. i am actually one of the banterers. you may not like my humor ok thats your taste. but this is about the ones that dont want there post hyjacked.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm not offended, I'm concerned - I don't want EO to become a site that makes potential members and lurkers feel unwelcome, not part of the 'in group', or whatever, and too much personal chat has that effect, IMO.
I like Diva's suggestion of a chat room - or maybe a chat thread?:confused:

I like DD's advice of everyone taking a chill pill too...*LOL*

Now if you'd happen to notice the count of everyone watching the cat fight...

heck cheri..I even like you and you do have the right to your own opinions as does every one else in here...I don't think we're scaring anyone off and as I've said before, those that want to talk will, and those that don't...won't..

and I still reserve the right to be a spell checker...:D

at any rate..tis time to put my puddy tats to bed..have a good evening.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
dabluz what have i said limits your ability comunicate on eo. why do you fell the need to force your banter tyranny on every other member. i am actually one of the banterers. you may not like my humor ok thats your taste. but this is about the ones that dont want there post hyjacked.

I am talking about the thread. I am not going to fall in line and hope to be graciously viewed upon by someone who is a bit stodgy and would like me to speak eloquently about their "most important" thread.
Why cant the thread be like real life. There are always side topics that pop up in a conversation, you know "oh that reminds me" or "before I forget" or "did you get a look at ".
Thats the real world.
Join us, resistance is futile.:D

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey the ignore button i dont like. some banters when not bantering have good ideas/information. but you would never know if they where on a ignore list