What products have you found to make life out here more enjoyable?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's always a dilemma debating whether "gotta go" or "gadget girl" would be the best nickname for Jeanie. :D A lot of her stuff isn't really "gadgets" but just useful stuff. She's one of the best equipped people out there, both in terms of "stuff" and knowledge/sense/ability.

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ive been in trucking for 33 years.I have an XM radio,CB radio,Net book with an air card,(blew my laptop up).Never had a TV,we don't cook in the truck,oh yes and a calculator.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our next toy is going to be a small 12volt freezer. Cooking in the truck cuts costs by a ton, it also allow you to eat healthier. Only two things holding up that purchase, no where to put it and money. Nothing important.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Jeanie? "Electronic brake inspector"? Please explain and what is the cost?

Our products include:
Sleepdog Mattress
XM Radio
Rice Cooker
Big Refrigerator
Generator
Porti-Potty

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Jeanie? "Electronic brake inspector"? Please explain and what is the cost?

Thanks for putting up the link, Greg.
As a solo driver, it isn't possible for me to do a proper inspection of the slack adjusters. Dingle refuses to go under the truck as I depress the pedal.
This is a way for me to check my brakes during pre-trips and as I drive. The light shows green if all is well. If it shows up yellow, still within specs, but needs to be checked. Red means time to get to a shop now.
I look at it as one more piece of peace of mind. Can you say CSA2010? ;)

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
I realize this thread's six months old, but I think not having a fridge/microwave would be a drag. I couldn't handle eating fast food all the time, as I like to eat healthy. I guess I could go on a fruit/granola/water diet lol, hard to think what a person could eat without a fridge/microwave.

I see Sprinters will accomodate these, but does one have to take out the passenger seat if in a van? Just wondering.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I took my pass seat out simply for the room, i also have a full twin bed so putting the fring, micro wave where the pass seat was gives me that much more comfort. but I have seen CV's that have both abd still have the pass seat so it can be done.

The very 1st post on this thread about the Oregon Areo Seat cushion is the only one here, I am telling anyone that has back or hip or just comfort issues, these cushions will take care of them..they are expensive, but well worth it....Thanks for letting us know about them Turtle!

Aerospace Engineering - Aeronautical Engineering - Aerospace Engineers | OregonAero.com

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of microwaves, I been testing out a WaveBox, seems to work OK but for most of what I and most others do it will work well for them. It is 12 volts, meaning no inverter and because I like the idea of having 12 volt everything if possible, it seems worth the expense.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I am new, in fact haven't even had my first run as of yet. Still waiting for that phone call. But I just got the new Epic phone from Sprint that has it's own hotspot. I have unlimited internet for up to five componets. So we brought our all in one scanner printer and lap top. We will be able to scan, copy everything ourselves to send to the carrier and owner. We felt this was a good investment. We are not limited on the internet use, which is good because I live on the internet. I can be on my laptop while Tracy is driving. I love it.

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
I actually tried to look up those seat cushions, but didn't find anything searching "Aero space seat cushion." Thanks for pointing out the link above.

guido4475

Not a Member
I actually tried to look up those seat cushions, but didn't find anything searching "Aero space seat cushion." Thanks for pointing out the link above.

That is on my wish list, I know it would do wonders for my tailbone killing me after a long drive, that's for sure.

Swanny

Seasoned Expediter
The little gadget thats been helping me out here is the avermedia usb tv card. Turns my laptop into a tv with high def picture. Sure helps on watching football games.