What does your screen name mean?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It means I wish I was in a better truck but if I can't pay cash for it then I won't do it. Financing just isn't for some folks. In the meantime I'll be in a 2006 Sprinter :)

guido4475

Not a Member
Back in high school.....I was seated in between the 2 hottest girls in the whole school in study hall.....so I always heard the latest on gossip, and was like asked to be a referee between them and their jock boyfriends when a fight broke out between the two of them because I would hear them talking about their relationships....well, word traveled around of my mediator status, and the next thing you know, that's what I was doing....in a corner somewhere, or in a Burger King, or some fast food joint, in my car, wherever... talking to a girl about her boyfriend problems, or vice versa...lol....while the whole time, being skinny as a rail, with no girlfriend experience of my own, being scared to death to actually ask a girl out out of rejection, and I'm giving advice on relationships...lol...Now remember, this was like back in 85, when the movie "Risky Business" was out. So, the scene, where they are getting chased by Guido, the killer pimp, kinda I guess carried it's way over to me, but just the Guido part...because I was always seen talking to a girl, or getting a hug of appreciation for helping her with her boyfriend problems.all the while still scared to death of asking a girl out on a date, and having the strongest left arm in the whole school...lol...It went as far as the cheerleaders buying me a gray fur hat with a pink band on it...And, to top it off, during the passing of my grandfather, at his funeral, I met who, I thought was a relative messing with me, a relative from NYC with the first name of Guido..I also learned that day to never laugh at a guy's name while he is dressed in a black pinstriped suit with a top hat....he wasn't amused...to say the least.....4475 was just my truck number while at Landstar back in the day...

Last edited:
Reactions: KickStarter6

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
BigBusBob... I'm tall, I used to drive Busses A Lot, and... this is really going to surprise you -
My name is boB. Yes, you can spell it backwards too!

Rarely would I get to see a performance... Upon parking, making sure the bus was set up, is all clean, and dressed to impress... the bus driver is often whisked away to a motel until some ungodly hour in the middle of the night (usually around 1 or 2 AM) to get rest. Well, on one tour me and a bus I called the electrical tape express (the particular bus had a few electrical shortcuts given to it- I'd later heard that a couple years after I had done that tour that same bus had caught fire - no surprise to me) had made it from the east coast all the way out of Washington State on a Jazz musician's national tour many years ago when I had the opportunity (due to the schedule) to see a show and the musician said as he was thanking people "And of course this show would not have been possible if it were not for our bus driver the dedicated BigBusBob"... and the rest is history.

Prior that that it was my CB Handle I used "MotorMouth".

I had one girl a few years ago call me BDB, which I could not figure out until 2 tours later...
Bus Driver Bob!

BigBusBob though is only a name I use here on EO and on the tour busses. When in the truck I use my handle "MotorMouth"... many say it suits me well.

That particular jazz tour was a hoot though... the trailer had a flat tire going across North Dakota and one of the girls on board (the keyboard player) said (seriously too!) "why not just rotate it onto the other side?" To which I replied "I think we should get better air put into it". She seemed satisfied with that! I explained that since we were in North Dakota the air was thinner so you need more air to fill up the space in a tire - so some places have better air than others and we simply needed to find better quality air.

Another tour story for my book!

BigBusBob

Reactions: KickStarter6

fenderbender

Rookie Expediter
Fenderbender: it was, I guess still is, my CB handle. It's because I play guitar. Fender Strat and Tele. Are my electrics of choice. Of course people just assume it has something to do with my driving record. :)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might have already posted this, don't know.
My first, middle and last initials, followed by sprt40-- short for "sport 40" which I used to build and run back in the day when I had money. R/C boats--- expensive, temperamental but loads of fun.