What are you Haulin'?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I noticed in another thread that one of our members publicly discussed a delivery to a specific customer. It wouldn't take much of an imagination for the bad guys to speculate as to the value of that customer's cargo and to arrange to relieve the driver of it.

We should never underestimate the intelligence of the bad guys and assume that none of the folks sitting at a truck stop's restaurant counter or booth are not interested in gleaning information that they could use in a heist, sooner or later. We should never place implicit trust in the lurkers at the fuel counter or a public forum such as ExpeditersOnline.

No one in a non-official capacity needs to know to which customer we've been, to which customer we are destined nor the content of our cargo

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
In other words...

Loose Lips Sinks Ships.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Very good point, Terry: we should always remember that we may be under observation anytime, anywhere, by anyone, and behave accordingly. Thanks for the reminder.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My cargo is always empty auto part tubs.

If I were in a truck, it would always be paper rolls. ;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is also a great reminder that we need to get involved with Highway Watch. We ordered our packet from http://www.highwaywatch.com/ and found the DVD very interesting and enlightening.

Will this class be offered at Louisville or the Expo?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Uh-oh, I just told Cheri where I'm delivering in the morning. Maybe I should have played it closer to the vest.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If anybody wants to know I Deliver Sail Boat Fuel

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
I've been hauling dehydrated water and they have been paying good money as there seems to be a shortage lately.

In reading the directions on the drums just add 32 oz of water to ingredients for each quart of water you want. My calculator broke so I'm unable to figure cost per quart.

My runs of buckets of steam weren't paying any where as well as dehydrated water runs.

For security reasons I won't divulge pick up or delivery addresses.

Have a great week.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Don't forget that pneumatic fluid, those muffler bearings, tire replacement air, aircraft fallopian tube, and classic VW Beetle oil filters.

Oh... and the helicopter push-start switch. ;)

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
What Im Haulen thats very easy.

Just Ask Tom, Bill, Yenricka More, and Frank Geijda IM haulen my invisible Pet Moose and when he gets mad he kicks the Heck outa the trailer and tears up all the folded blankets in the trailer and everything. And If I dont take him for a run while Im laid over at a truck stop look out he starts head butting the tractor since its got a rack just like his.

ya mine is a real secret so dont tell NO one ok.

By the way has anyone found a big Red invisible Leash while you were at a truck stop. I seem to be missing it. along with it I seem to be missing my Pet Moose as well.

If you see my Invisible Pet Moose his Name is Bullwinkle Please give me a call on my invisible Phone.

Thanks.

Have a Safe One
and God Bless
Kevin

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
That's one advantage of being old and having one's memory shot. I can truthfully tell anyone I don't know where I picked up, and I don't know where I am going. (Unless I look at my PRO bill) Which I am not likely to do in a casual conversation. Even if I study the bill and figure out what I am hauling, I'll soon forget. Before you ask, I use my GPS to find my way around.
:+ :+

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Can't help but wonder, was this the reaction Terry had hoped for in response to his thread? What a bunch of comedians! Invisible pet mooses, muffler bearings and the sort. What next? Guess as long as thats what the general public thinks we're hauling, then we're all safe.;)

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
The reaction that Terry was attempting to get from everyone was a simple reminder to read, learn, understand, and abide by your carrier's security plan. That plan is in place for a reason - primarily, to keep YOU safe!

Just the "Safety Geek" stuck inside of me rearing it's head.

Be safe!

HotFr8Recruiter :D

fortwayne

Not a Member
It is alarming to know that there are still drivers out here that will discuss their cargo, their routes and everything else in regards to their shipments.
Heck - just like a chat room on the internet you really do not know who the heck you are talking about and the same goes true at a truckstop.

Fort Wayne
'Stand Up For Yourself - Don't Wait For Someone Else'