What are the similar things and different things between Black lives matter and the KKK or are the a

muttly

Veteran Expediter
You can't have vindictive prosecutors compromised by politics overcharging officers and not expect there to be repercussions for that.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
drove, "a large number of people or things doing or undergoing the same thing."

"However, department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift."

"Atlanta police officers not showing up for work in droves," is an accurate statement.

My question is, are you here to join a conversation, or are you here to antagonize Ave confront? The former is welcome, the latter has a very short leash.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
drove, "a large number of people or things doing or undergoing the same thing."

"However, department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift."

"Atlanta police officers not showing up for work in droves," is an accurate statement.

In your opinion apparently.

In mine, it is not.

At least I have seen no media reports to support “large” numbers of police getting the blu flu ...

Higher than normal doesn’t necessarily imply “large” ... just higher ...

Without any hard numbers it’s really hard to say for certain.

My question is, are you here to join a conversation, or are you here to antagonize Ave confront? The former is welcome, the latter has a very short leash.

Clearly, I am conversing ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, gee, let's beat the crap out of this semantic horse. When the police themselves state they are experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs, it's a number large enough to be remarkable, notable. The word "large" as an adjective is generally (if not always) used relative to a norm, within the context to which it relates. The actual definition of the word is, "of more than average size, quantity, degree, etc.; exceeding that which is common to a kind or class." So it's a relative term, and in the context of "higher than usual number of call outs," whatever that number is, by definition, if its larger than normal, it's a large number. That's not even an opinion, that's what the definition says. So you can have whatever opinion you like about what your own personal definition of "large" is, even if it completely ignores the definition of the term.

As for conversing, don't confuse conversation with antagonizing, confronting, and trolling. You want to join the conversation directed at the issues, great. A difference of opinion, also great. But if you want to post crap just to get a rise out of someone, I've got no patience for that. Especially right now. I'm sitting at home with two drainage tubes sticking out of me filling two puss balls daily, hoping to drain off the infection enough so that I can have an internal organ removed. I'm uncomfortable, miserable, in a lot of pain, and mad at everything. So I'm asking you to be nice, treat others the way you want to be treated.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I'm sitting at home with two drainage tubes sticking out of me filling two puss balls daily, hoping to drain off the infection enough so that I can have an internal organ removed. I'm uncomfortable, miserable, in a lot of pain, and mad at everything.
Hope you get well soon......

Reactions: Turtle and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hope you get well soon......
Thank you very much, Ragman. It get a little better each day, but it's still a miserable PITA. Another CAT scan next week to assess, and hopefully in 2-3 weeks surgery. after that, barring any complications, another week and I'll be back out baking in an iron box on a black asphalt parking lot somewhere.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. Get better. Didn't know you were down. Pour a cold one for sure.
Thanks. I do apologize for even bring it up in public, especially in a BLM/KKK thread where it doesn't belong.
It's a gallbladder issue. Normally, removing it is the easiest surgery there is. I mean, it's what they let brand new surgeons do. :JC-hysterical:
But this one comes with a "massively large infection" and a "really large abscess below it." They said it had been going on for months, not days or weeks. But I only started having pain about 10 days before I went to the ER in Indianapolis. Even at that, it started out as a dull pain mid-back between the shoulder blades, and radiated around the entire mid-torso. It felt like I was constricted, wrapped up, or like one big belch would fix it. But then on Memorial Day all of that pain decided to concentrate in the upper right abdomen. Oh, My Goodness.

On that Tuesday I took a load from Cincinnati to Indianapolis, and felt every crack, leaf and shadow I ran over. OMG. After it didn't get any better Tuesday night I got turned away by 3 different urgent care clinics, one said they didn't have x-rays or CAT scans available that particular day. But they all told me to go to the ER. Finally on Thursday I went to the ER, where they kept me for 6 days. They discharged me early in the evening, and I stayed there at the previously burned down Flying J until the next morning, then filled the prescriptions they called in to Walmart, and then drove the 5 hours home. They weren't happy, at all, about me even driving away from the hospital, much less 5 hours home. But it was fine (he said, rolling his eyes).

Don't worry, I was opioid-free when I drove home. The first 3 or 4 days they gave me a steady diet of Fentanyl. Well, first they gave me morphine, which I do't think I've ever had before, but even a small dose had me shaking like I was freezing or something, so they went to Fentanyl. But that didn't really work, although I pretty much slept around the clock, so maybe it did. But I noted that whatever they gave me that first night in the ER, that crap flat worked, so they put me on that, instead. And it worked. It's just a really strong NSAID, called Ketorolac. It comes with a warning though: STOP TAKING AFTER 5 DAYS, otherwise you'll have stomach and intestinal bleeding, probably a heart attack, and you'll die. I was on that for 5 days, off it for 2, then my doctor prescribed it again, and I took my past one 2 days ago. Since then Tylenol and ibuprofen seems to mostly work well enough.

Gettin' better every day. Just a little.

Reactions: davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, good luck with it and get well soon. One of my friends is having GB issues, but not nearly that severe. He's having surgery next week to remove it. Hopefully by August it will be far back in the mirror for you both.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I only give democrats credit when they earn it. Sadly, they earn it often.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow, good luck with it and get well soon. One of my friends is having GB issues, but not nearly that severe. He's having surgery next week to remove it. Hopefully by August it will be far back in the mirror for you both.
With most of those surgeries, it's 2 (or 4) small incisions (Laparoscopic surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery (MIS), bandaid surgery, or keyhole surgery), snip snip, they sew you up usually you go home the same day, and you're back to work in a week.

WIth a large infection, they have to do open surgery, where they cut you open from the sternum around your rib cage, fold over, up or out of the way other organs, remove the gallbladder and the infection, and sew you up. But that requires several days in the hospital to recover, and weeks before you can go back to work. So that's why they're draining the infection first.

On the other hand, open surgery does garner you more empathy, and allows you the opportunity to play the victim for a much longer period of time. Seems like a perfect fit for Democrats (that's all on Ragman, right there ;) ).

The only thing that really bothers me is even the Laparoscopic surgery is under general anesthesia. That bothers me a lot.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Only problem with the premise being put forward by the poster is the “deadly weapon” was in a discharged state (therefore no longer “deadly”) ... when Brooks was executed by being shot in the back while attempting to flee ... he wasn’t a threat.
So the officer is supposed to keep track while they are scuffling and rolling around on the ground with the individual whether the stun gun that he took was deployed 2 times already?

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So the officer is supposed to keep track while they are scuffling and rolling around on the ground with the individual whether the stun gun that he took was deployed 2 times already?

I dont think it really matters if the officer knew the stun gun couldnt hurt him, its all about intent, he pulled that gun and pointed it at him because he was willing to do whatever he needed to do to escape. That DA who filed charges knows there will never be a conviction, he just is kicking the can down the road and can say he (or she) did their part.

I was just reading where his girlfriend was the one that burned down the Wendys, there is video of her and now there is a warrant out for her arrest. I wonder what his wife is thinking about that.....

And by the way get better Turtle, watch those drugs that tear up your stomach, they are no joke, throwing up blood because of bleeding ulcers is scary, had to rush my wife to the hospital a couple of years ago for that reason, she got 3 units of blood over the next couple of days.