What are the similar things and different things between Black lives matter and the KKK or are the a

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I was listening to a liberal radio show about Black lives matter and some of the talk reminded and some of the things reminded me of talk I heard as a kid in the south .

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Growing up in the south u see an hear alot of things but there seems to be alot of similarities of both groups

Reactions: JohnWC

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess you have to be a white man who grew up in the south to see a comparison with white men killing black people because of the color of there skin and a group protesting the killing of innocent black men by cops. They can take you guys out of the south, but they can't take the south out of you.

Reactions: Turtle

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I guess you have to be a white man who grew up in the south to see a comparison with white men killing black people because of the color of there skin and a group protesting the killing of innocent black men by cops. They can take you guys out of the south, but they can't take the south out of you.
That's understandable but as a white man I can rember protesting that it wasn't fair for a black man to be drafted but couldn't vote in this country and my mom praying that the KKK didn't visit our home that night

Reactions: ucfd608

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's understandable but as a white man I can rember protesting that it wasn't fair for a black man to be drafted but couldn't vote in this country and my mom praying that the KKK didn't visit our home that night
You, as a white man, protested the big injustice of a black man not being able to vote while being subject to the draft, even though no one, black or white, under the age of 21 could vote? I would have thought such a protest would have its own chapter in the history books.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The main thing I rember is homes being burnt and people being killed because one group of people belived they were better .

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
But groups that use fear and intimidating as tools to justify thier cause shouldn't they be put in the same category

Reactions: coalminer

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But groups that use fear and intimidating as tools to justify thier cause shouldn't they be put in the same category
What's happening now in the black community is simply blowback. Cops have been using fear and intimidation to justify their cause for decades.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BLM and KKK are both racist terrorist organizations ostensibly claiming to be promoting a just cause while mainly just justifying discrimination and violence, fomenting racism, and directly creating and causing more problems than they could ever hope to solve.

Reactions: hdxpedx and JohnWC