Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes to Susie returning, and we're glad to have her back! If you see her, [truck has decals that look like the sides of the box are slashed, showing a flag underneath, which really looks better than it sounded when she described it to me, lol], say hi, she's good people.

Not only do I know what her truck looks like, but I have met her a couple of times, as she was at Polly Express when I was..yes, she is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
At our place? Yes we have fork extensions?

Just curious as to why they never used them with me than...I know I would prefer using them as opposed to chain dragging a skid off as I believe it would be a lot safer.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm at home doing stuff. Got some estimates on some body work - repairing where someone hit me and then ran off before I came back out of the store at the J in Corfu, and repainting the hood. One estimate from the 'premier' body shop was $2100, another one in town was for $1950, and the one from the best body man in the county, who is way out in the county, is $750. But he can't get to it for a couple of weeks, so not this trip home.

Going to have the windows re-tinted. They're scratched and scuffed so it's a little hard to see out of them now.

Getting the transmission fluid changed, and the rear end gear oil, engine coolant, maybe a couple of other things.

Getting my eyeglasses prescription updated and new glasses this week.

Doctor's appointment next week. May go ahead and do the DOT physical next week, as well. A month early, but might as well knock it out now.

New Samsung 55" HDTV arriving in a couple of days, along with a gnarly TV stand and sound system. Will spend a day putting that together and setting it up. Granted, it's no bathroom remodel, but it'll be a lot more fun.

is that it? what a boring life you live lol...:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just curious as to why they never used them with me than...I know I would prefer using them as opposed to chain dragging a skid off as I believe it would be a lot safer.

Thats ok Guido.......
890407g9g3vjin7w.gif

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, I'd have to be the monthly winner for many, many months to acquire that kind of pointload. The TV is a $1200 TV (Amazon, Best Buy), lists for $1999 I think. I got it for $650. Brand new unit. The $400 top-rated Pioneer soundbar I got for $100. Brand new. The smoked glass and black powder coated steel TV stand was a Lightning Deal on Amazon that was $120 down from the normal $400.

I had been saving up the Load One points for a Samsung soundbar that's the same retail street price as the Pioneer, but I'm only half way there. And for that price I couldn't pass it up.

So, I'm still saving points. I've redeemed a lot of them for lots of stuff, tho. Nice end gain curing board, stick blender, couple of frying pans, some Bose noise canceling earbuds (awesome, BTW). Several things.

What? you didn't get the "Curve" TV???

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Was it Bill on second shift that unloaded you?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are the extensions still in the warehouse or did they go with arc?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Are the extensions still in the warehouse or did they go with arc?

I am going to go find out and if we need another set get them ordered up. OMG, reading the thread on who pays insurance...... Seriously my head is going to explode! These guys have no clue and have no idea how bad they continue to damage the van sector of this industry!!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Forklift extensions are sitting on the floor next to the compressor right next to the sprinter transload door?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a great few days with my daughter back in service and hopefully get that call today!

guido4475

Not a Member
I am going to go find out and if we need another set get them ordered up. OMG, reading the thread on who pays insurance...... Seriously my head is going to explode! These guys have no clue and have no idea how bad they continue to damage the van sector of this industry!!!!!!

I am in total agreement with you. Crazy.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

Delivered one of the first ones of those to a store a few weeks ago...supposed to be their display model...nice...but what a price tag.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like Dreamer said, what a price tag!

I really don't even need a 55" HDTV at home, anyway. I'm hardly ever there. I've been using a 20 year old 36" TV that works OK, but with all the widescreen programming nowadays it's hard to get the aspect ratio right. And it has crappy sound. I got the killer deal on the soundbar and I was prepared to be happy with that, but then the day the soundbar came in I ran across the great deal on the TV.

I'd have been fine, except my stepdad went and got a 50" TV and I got real used to that. I also have 1080p HDTV in the Sprinter, though it's only a 22" screen. Then my stepdad moved to Florida and had the nerve to take his TV with him. Hrmph.

Soooo, with a deal like that on the TV, I figured I might as well. I wouldn't have gotten one at regular store prices, and I sure wouldn't pay the price they want for a curved screen TV.

But now I've got a killer soundbar, and a nice TV, so I had to get the TV stand 'cause I've been just using a living room end table. That'll never work with a 55 incher.

On a side note, my Dodge dealer at home on August 1st bumped up the labor rate for Sprinters from $95 an hour to $125 an hour, because they can. Said it was because (A) they're the only ones around that will work on them (which is true for Sprinter-specific stuff) and (B) because the nearby dealers in St Louis (4 hours), Memphis (3 hours) and Nashville (2.5 hours) charge that much. So for non-Sprinter specific routine stuff I'll go to my local mechanic down the street for $80 an hour.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Had a great few days with my daughter back in service and hopefully get that call today!

Does your daughter run for Load 1 too?
Just ragging on ya, I know she doesn't, but the missing comma makes it look like she does. And I'm really missing my daughter, who got to run her car at Norwalk Raceway last weekend, something I'd have loved to see. Daughters are just too cool these days, lol. ;)

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
OMG, my engine finally came in!!!!!!!! They had 2 guys working on it all day today and if all goes well, should be done by Friday. It's been a long 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does your daughter run for Load 1 too?
Just ragging on ya, I know she doesn't, but the missing comma makes it look like she does. And I'm really missing my daughter, who got to run her car at Norwalk Raceway last weekend, something I'd have loved to see. Daughters are just too cool these days, lol. ;)