Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Suggestion Box idea:
When bidding team or whomever see repetition loads (a company in production problems)being posted by someone say 200 miles away...it would be nice to be informed of this.....NOT a paid move but just a recommendation by QC to maybe move a little closer, so they could possibly bid on it...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Small milestone today for us, 3 yr. anniversary with Load One and many more to come !!!!!!!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Suggestion Box idea:
When bidding team or whomever see repetition loads (a company in production problems)being posted by someone say 200 miles away...it would be nice to be informed of this.....NOT a paid move but just a recommendation by QC to maybe move a little closer, so they could possibly bid on it...

Will share that with the teams!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm at home doing stuff. Got some estimates on some body work - repairing where someone hit me and then ran off before I came back out of the store at the J in Corfu, and repainting the hood. One estimate from the 'premier' body shop was $2100, another one in town was for $1950, and the one from the best body man in the county, who is way out in the county, is $750. But he can't get to it for a couple of weeks, so not this trip home.

Going to have the windows re-tinted. They're scratched and scuffed so it's a little hard to see out of them now.

Getting the transmission fluid changed, and the rear end gear oil, engine coolant, maybe a couple of other things.

Getting my eyeglasses prescription updated and new glasses this week.

Doctor's appointment next week. May go ahead and do the DOT physical next week, as well. A month early, but might as well knock it out now.

New Samsung 55" HDTV arriving in a couple of days, along with a gnarly TV stand and sound system. Will spend a day putting that together and setting it up. Granted, it's no bathroom remodel, but it'll be a lot more fun.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is steadily ticking up. Never as fast as any of is would like. But still moving in a good direction! Darn Canadian holiday today.....

Let me add to the up-tick...

Three loads this month. Had a chance to see some Ladies that are good golfer's and at least one was a bad drinker. Go LPGA.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I spent the afternoon making a big pan of enchiladas and tucked them in the freezer... My son and his family are coming out from Virginia and I do so love cooking up their favorites!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I'm at home doing stuff. Got some estimates on some body work - repairing where someone hit me and then ran off before I came back out of the store at the J in Corfu, and repainting the hood. One estimate from the 'premier' body shop was $2100, another one in town was for $1950, and the one from the best body man in the county, who is way out in the county, is $750. But he can't get to it for a couple of weeks, so not this trip home.

Going to have the windows re-tinted. They're scratched and scuffed so it's a little hard to see out of them now.

Getting the transmission fluid changed, and the rear end gear oil, engine coolant, maybe a couple of other things.

Getting my eyeglasses prescription updated and new glasses this week.

Doctor's appointment next week. May go ahead and do the DOT physical next week, as well. A month early, but might as well knock it out now.

New Samsung 55" HDTV arriving in a couple of days, along with a gnarly TV stand and sound system. Will spend a day putting that together and setting it up. Granted, it's no bathroom remodel, but it'll be a lot more fun.

Did you get that stuff with Load One points?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did you get that stuff with Load One points?
No, I'd have to be the monthly winner for many, many months to acquire that kind of pointload. The TV is a $1200 TV (Amazon, Best Buy), lists for $1999 I think. I got it for $650. Brand new unit. The $400 top-rated Pioneer soundbar I got for $100. Brand new. The smoked glass and black powder coated steel TV stand was a Lightning Deal on Amazon that was $120 down from the normal $400.

I had been saving up the Load One points for a Samsung soundbar that's the same retail street price as the Pioneer, but I'm only half way there. And for that price I couldn't pass it up.

So, I'm still saving points. I've redeemed a lot of them for lots of stuff, tho. Nice end gain curing board, stick blender, couple of frying pans, some Bose noise canceling earbuds (awesome, BTW). Several things.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I spent the afternoon making a big pan of enchiladas and tucked them in the freezer... My son and his family are coming out from Virginia and I do so love cooking up their favorites!

I'll sleep better at night knowing that!!! LMAO.......lol.....(I couldn't resist!)......lmao.....

guido4475

Not a Member
The girl at the J gave me a free shower this morning. I think it was the nice compliment I paid to her on Saturday that did it.

I got a nice medium-sized load today..not bad, at all, really...I'd love to do one of these every day of the week..

Is Suzi signing back on with us? I see her truck here, and was just wondering...

I noticed the landscaper is not cutting the grass in straight rows. I wonder why?...

Why are there more lightning bugs by the front building than by the recruiting building?

I have discovered that Gas-X actually intensifies the problem it is supposed to eliminate.

LMAO.....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The girl at the J gave me a free shower this morning. I think it was the nice compliment I paid to her on Saturday that did it.

I got a nice medium-sized load today..not bad, at all, really...I'd love to do one of these every day of the week..

Is Suzi signing back on with us? I see her truck here, and was just wondering...

I noticed the landscaper is not cutting the grass in straight rows. I wonder why?...

Why are there more lightning bugs by the front building than by the recruiting building?

I have discovered that Gas-X actually intensifies the problem it is supposed to eliminate.

LMAO.....
Are we bored?? Lol.

guido4475

Not a Member
Are we bored?? Lol.

Not really, just in one of those funny moods, I guess....as odd as it sounds, a huge burden and load has been taken from me by my Dad's passing. As much as I dearly miss him, I am relieved to know he is no longer suffering. Time to move on.

On a lighter note, a suggestion for a suggestion box....fork extensions, like the 8 ft long ones, for the forklift to make unloading a little easier for us tin can vans? Just a thought.....And, at one time, Load One had the best smelling men's room anywhere...better than a bed of roses...just kinda sorta wondering what happened to that pleasant fragrance that once graced the men's bathroom?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes to Susie returning, and we're glad to have her back! If you see her, [truck has decals that look like the sides of the box are slashed, showing a flag underneath, which really looks better than it sounded when she described it to me, lol], say hi, she's good people.

guido4475

Not a Member
They have fork extensions there.

I asked the older towmotor guy who was unloading me and he said no they didn't....lol..just sayin...maybe laziness was a factor here...maybe not...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app