We Are Expediters.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We are expediters. We do a job that most of our friends, family, and many strangers could never do. We deliver the parts that are needed to keep America moving. We live in the trenches, the dark corners, and the shadows of society. We are content to work in a thanklesss environment that often times takes us away from our loved ones. We do this because we are a hearty people and because we like to be challenged. We like to go to bed at night in our bunks and sleepers with a sense of accomplishemt, and we take pride in our work.

It is not the money, nor the long hours of driving that makes us want to do this job. It is the call of the wild, the uncertainty of every twist and turn, and the freedom that comes with owning your own business. Money, worldly posessions, and the 9-5 rat race are things that we do not hold important. We do not commute back and forth to work, we do not have to run through parking lots in the morning to clock into some electronic machine, and we do not adhere to anyone cept ourselves and what is safe and legal.

We will contunie to trive out here because bad weather, hard times, and economic uncertainty do not scare us. We are a strong people, a hard working people, we will together overcome this economic storm, and we will once again see brighter days. Please hang in there everyone and pray for better times. We need to stop tearingo ne another down and find ways to cope with this recession that faces each and every one of us. Why don't we offer more words of encouragement to those who are not doing good in these uncertain times?

Reactions: 1 person

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I agree totaly.

Gone all the time Yupper.
In the Trenches Yup.
Thankless Job Yup.

While the Dispatchers and the Facilitators are at home Your out here Yup.

Just remember when reality hits there you are.

Question is will they know what to do.

Just like many here I think not.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But then again we maybe a tad neorotic(sp)suffering from hero syndrome.. For a brief moment we saved the day the line won't go down! The train will be on time. Planes will fly again.:D
A good part of the time we are without direction, focus, no goal to achieve...sitting, waiting to be pointed on a course. We get instant gratification ever so briefly that we saved the customer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its a real lift at the smaller places in the boonies when you get there with that new pump or motor for a machine or drive line...the people really can't afford to lose a shift of work and are happy to see you...:)

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
When we came over to the "darkside" from the general freight world, our greatest surprise was that we were usually "welcomed". As expediters, we don't feel like 4th class citizens when we arrive at a shipper or consignee. Our time is valuable and the shipper/consignee know this. Slow freight or not, I'd rather be here than anywhere else. :)

VBobby

Seasoned Expediter
When we came over to the "darkside" from the general freight world, our greatest surprise was that we were usually "welcomed". As expediters, we don't feel like 4th class citizens when we arrive at a shipper or consignee. Our time is valuable and the shipper/consignee know this. Slow freight or not, I'd rather be here than anywhere else. :)

You mean they didn't welcome you at a certain glass plant in PA or at any of the US Food Service placed? How about WalMart?:D

Bob

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thankless no, most times the consignee is very glad we are 2 hours early. they love us

Sorry. I forgot to claify the term Thankless. I was actually referring to Ford, Chrysler, and General motors. Where the entire assembly line is shut down and the employees actually get mad when you finally arrive with the part that will get production started again. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
the title of this thread is something my wife and I said with pride during the 4 years we were with Panther. We miss it sooo much!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Absolutely better treatment driving expedited than OTR LTL - and sometimes, the dispatchers even compliment us for getting it done!
Works for me. :)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Good post! I know I are a superhero! Just check my new Avatar... LOL.

Ah.. .if it weren't for a good sense of humor I'd laugh.... wait... dang.. spilled my vinegar into my ice cream.. hm.. not bad.. now if I only had some fish to go with my cheese, and my mailbox would get off the horse.

:confused:

Yesterday I coudn't spell expedieder.

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Dale[/quote]

And today, I is one!
PS You can't spell it today, either. :p

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

And today, I is one!
PS You can't spell it today, either. :p

image_209048.gif

See how ya are... glad others are so prefect... er ... purr...erc...... never mind.

I are a purfessonal expedider and that's my story and I might stick to it.

Sorry.. gotta go chase my mailbox.

36_11_6.gif

:p

Dale

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Very good post, I hope everyone is doing great. We need to thank all the people that post and share the info that helps us all in the business. DaveKc, Dreamer,Teamcaffee, Leo, Dreamer, Trutle, Ateam, and the list goes on. Thanks guys for all you do.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Good post! I know I are a superhero! Just check my new Avatar... LOL.

Ah.. .if it weren't for a good sense of humor I'd laugh.... wait... dang.. spilled my vinegar into my ice cream.. hm.. not bad.. now if I only had some fish to go with my cheese, and my mailbox would get off the horse.

Dale

Reminds me of the song Big Mack...

Pour me a piece of coffee. Pass me a cup of bread.
You're the sweetest thing that I've ever seen, and there's a ringin in my head.
Make my eggs a medium rare, over easy with my steak.
I'm gonna buy you a farm in Texas, gal, if it takes ev'ry cent I make.