Turn every school into a fortress.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I strongly disagree ... I raised my two boys just fine by myself and they have never been in trouble for even the slightest thing at school or anywhere else.
Why am I not surprised? There was a time when Englishmen were men. But that was long, long ago, in a land far, far away. Those Englishmen worshipped God, fought off Nazis, and wouldn't have allowed their nation to become a surveillance state.
Today's Englishmen, well, they're not made of the same stuff.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Both my high school principle and assistant principle were WWII combat vets. My band instructor served in the military and was quite handy with a rifle. the majority of my male teachers hunted.
You're talking about an age when military service was mandatory for most males in the USA. Sacrifice for one's country and its civilization was a noble cause, and was considered the norm. In today's age of entitlement, the govt nanny is expected to provide everything for nothing in return except for THE RICH paying their fair share - i.e. paying for everything. But I digress - today's teachers aren't familiar with the military experience, or the necessary talents for protecting themselves or their students. Their main concern is the NEA agenda - more money & less hours. Most teachers - especially elementary school teachers - are nice young women that were at the bottom of their class academic standings in college. Arming them with sidearms for defense purposes is absurd. This task should be assigned to qualified and experienced people like military veterans or off-duty police to protect our schools in the proper manner.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You're talking about an age when military service was mandatory for most males in the USA. Sacrifice for one's country and its civilization was a noble cause, and was considered the norm. In today's age of entitlement, the govt nanny is expected to provide everything for nothing in return except for THE RICH paying their fair share - i.e. paying for everything. But I digress - today's teachers aren't familiar with the military experience, or the necessary talents for protecting themselves or their students. Their main concern is the NEA agenda - more money & less hours. Most teachers - especially elementary school teachers - are nice young women that were at the bottom of their class academic standings in college. Arming them with sidearms for defense purposes is absurd. This task should be assigned to qualified and experienced people like military veterans or off-duty police to protect our schools in the proper manner.

I have NO idea what the majority of teachers are like these days. I am FAR removed from that mess. My YOUNGEST son is 35 and my granddaughter lives near Seattle so I have been denied the pleasure of helping her with her studies. Shame, I had much to pass on to her. :(

I only know a few teachers now. 2 men and one woman. Both men hunt and both served in the military. I don't know if the woman shoots or not but I know she is comfortable around those who do. I hunt with her husband and she has hosted two game dinners at her house for TV shows that we did. That's the limit for me.

Last edited:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Why am I not surprised? There was a time when Englishmen were men. But that was long, long ago, in a land far, far away. Those Englishmen worshipped God, fought off Nazis, and wouldn't have allowed their nation to become a surveillance state.
Today's Englishmen, well, they're not made of the same stuff.

Oh, so you are fed up insulting just a few people .... you going to take on a whole Nation now?
You know not of what you speak Sir .... & heresay and newspaper/magazine drivel doesn't count.

Do you honestly believe, after all the postings on here, that 'men' are the same today as they were back in the day ... even here in the USA?

(btw you're not going to rile me today ...I'm in too good a mood :))

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, so you are fed up insulting just a few people .... you going to take on a whole Nation now?
You know not of what you speak Sir .... & heresay and newspaper/magazine drivel doesn't count.

Do you honestly believe, after all the postings on here, that 'men' are the same today as they were back in the day ... even here in the USA?

(btw you're not going to rile me today ...I'm in too good a mood :))

Not to worry very few very real men in the USA today...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not to worry very few very real men in the USA today...

I don't know, I know many. Most I know in fact. Guess you just hang around with the wrong type! :p The ONLY wimps I know voted for Obama I and don't hang around them. ALL my good friends are quite handy with guns.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You're right. The male "brand" has taken a beating over here, too, and changing that is part of the fix for society.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
So I start looking through this thread and it seems a lot in here have the idea that single parenting is somehow the cause of this problem. Pffft...
I didn't have a mother yet I'm fine, my oldest son's father is a loser. Without his bad influence around my son is a better man today. The real problems in society stem from ignoring mental health issues, caring more about what happens to fetus than a child growing up today and much more.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I think there are many Active and Inactive trained and highly accurate men, Veterans who would gladly stand two in a school and be ready to protect the children, We had armed Guards at my High School in 1975, 2 of them actually and they did have a shooting at our school were a stoned and homeless man came into the school and did several armed robberies...I dont believe all the Conspiracy stuff, But again why do I need a 5 Bullet a second High capacity magazine to kill a deer....are you that bad of a shot, My dad taught me to AIM and shoot, One bullet one kill.

Why shouldnt a school official whose trained and tested by Law Enforcement to intervene in these situations, even give Tasers and place them in several locked boxes through out the school offices etc...or other non lethal/lethal weapons.

Solutions are needed but taking the countrys guns wont solve it, certain types of guns should only be sold to those that USE that gun in a real situation, Semi Auto Hunting rifles are for losers who think its fun to pull a trigger and shoot 30-50 bullets into an animal thats now Inedible due to the mass damage all those rounds would do, Target practice with a machine gun LOL....REALLY..Only if your Rich...I grew up with a Bolt action 22 long rifle and I killed many an animal hunting to eat them, not to slaughter them.

I think the Veterans of this country would gladly step up and be Guards in our schools, at least they would be using the talents theyve trained for against those that deserve it, a malcontent, crazy murderer DESERVES to walk into a hallway with a Veteran armed with a M-16....a National Guardsman or Marine, etc might let these men and women then serve this country and protect its most valuable resource.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
So I start looking through this thread and it seems a lot in here have the idea that single parenting is somehow the cause of this problem. Pffft...
I didn't have a mother yet I'm fine, my oldest son's father is a loser. Without his bad influence around my son is a better man today. The real problems in society stem from ignoring mental health issues, caring more about what happens to fetus than a child growing up today and much more.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Ever notice it's almost never the female's fault whether it be a bad marriage or a bad offspring?

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
IMO it doesn't matter if the children have one parent or two ...
It does. In fact, not my opinion. That's the way God designed the family, for a reason. Sometimes, you find one parent who can pull off both roles, and if you're one of them, then your son got lucky, because you'd be the exception rather than the rule. Boys and girls have two parents for a reason, and especially boys. They need mothers to civilize them and fathers to teach them to be men. That's not been happening and now we're seeing the results.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
That would make a fascinating sociological study. There must be instances somewhere of a woman taking down a mass murderer. Can anyone give an example?

That church shooting in Colorado a couple years ago. Taken down by a female guard--early on, too. He would have killed a lot more if it hadn't have been for her.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I strongly disagree ... I raised my two boys just fine by myself and they have never been in trouble for even the slightest thing at school or anywhere else.

What is missing is the lack of installing morals at an early age, and inattentiveness toward the child, whether its two parents or one.

But that is my point ..... my boys ARE boys I made sure of that by enrolling them in boy things like the Air Cadets etc.
IMO it doesn't matter if the children have one parent or two ... yes its harder for one but if the parent is attentive and instals the morals that are so desperately lacking today, it would go a long way to helping the problem.

Parent(s) 'let go' and the children rule the roost and that is quite unacceptable.

It does. In fact, not my opinion. That's the way God designed the family, for a reason. Sometimes, you find one parent who can pull off both roles, and if you're one of them, then your son got lucky, because you'd be the exception rather than the rule. Boys and girls have two parents for a reason, and especially boys. They need mothers to civilize them and fathers to teach them to be men. That's not been happening and now we're seeing the results.

Took part of my quote out of context ..... naughty, naughty. :rolleyes:

As you can see, I had been talking about attentiveness and installing morals whether it be two or one parent.

I don't think anyone would disagree that two loving parents is better than one ...... sometimes though it can't be avoided, then it is up to the single parent to step up and cover both roles.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Two parents are better than one but one good one is better than two that are bad.
Either one can apply.