Turn every school into a fortress.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
In the wake of mass murder at a Connecticut elementary school, there will be tremendous pressure to change gun laws in the United States. But change will come in many other forms. Many will conclude our schoolchildren are too vulnerable to attack while at school.

Parents and schoolboards are going to demand near-perfect safety for their children while in the care of teachers and administrators. This will be an impossible goal to attain, but do not be surprised when extraordinary steps are implemented to that end. Multiple layers of security. Armed police officers on campus from dawn to dusk. Installation of bulletproof windows and doors. Impenetrable classroom doors controlled by teachers. Panic buttons louder than a civil defense siren capable of being heard two miles away. The list of new security measures will be limited only by the imagination. Change is coming.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This school massacre is obviously annother false flag.
The worse part is the propaganda machine is again brainwashing the masses and the chumps are buying it.

Bob Wolf

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They couldn't make their illegal gun bans stick under Clinton. This time they did something so extreme they'll be able to pass permanent bans. Amazing what this regime will do to get what they want.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
They couldn't make their illegal gun bans stick under Clinton. This time they did something so extreme they'll be able to pass permanent bans. Amazing what this regime will do to get what they want.

From your statement and the use of the word they and reference to the president and government, are you implying that the government was behind the school massacre.

Where's the rediculous button when you need it.

You say some pretty far out thing sometimes. if that is truly what you were trying to imply you have really reached way far this time.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Really??

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sometimes it's just too easy to stir things up some. What I think doesn't matter and while I'd like to think we've never had a regime that would stoop so low I believe the current regime stoops more than any other in history.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so you have this right to carry......where are you going?....

I mean.....you can't go into a government building...most public buildings ban guns....most workplaces ban guns....even you drivers...you can carry but can't go into the truckstop....well doh....
The most you can do is walk your dog....

blackpup

Veteran Expediter

I mean.....you can't go into a government building...most public buildings ban guns....most workplaces ban guns....even you drivers...you can carry but can't go into the truckstop....well doh....

Wonder why the government fears the citizens that it is supposed to be representing, so much ?

jimmy

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Other than places that require passing through metal detectors, how often do you suppose you are around someone carrying, even in a place that doesn't want anyone carrying?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's whack a mole and a few of the moles are just so easy to whack if you know how to push the buttons.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Other than places that require passing through metal detectors, how often do you suppose you are around someone carrying, even in a place that doesn't want anyone carrying?
Excluding criminals, the percentage of Americans who carry a gun is a small percentage of the small percentage of Americans who have a license to carry a concealed weapon. Here’s a 2004 table ranking the states by the percentage of residents who have concealed carry permits. South Dakota leads with . . . 7.45 percent.
Blog O'Stuff: Percentage of Adults With Carry Permits in "Shall Issue" States

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

When home I often carry and there very few places that I cannot. I don't go into work places, seldom go into government buildings and carry every where else I go.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Interestingly, no one has addressed the fortification of schools. There will be a call for serious, drastic changes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interestingly, no one has addressed the fortification of schools. There will be a call for serious, drastic changes.

Yes, and few if any will fall within the confines of the Constitution. The Federal government is going to take control now and few will try to stop them. Panic has taken the place of sense. Many will be willing to give up their liberty and will have no problem using force, of all types, to ensure that everyone goes along. FAR more are going to die and it will be the federal government doing the killing.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Don't think for a minute that terrorists aren't taking copious notes following the slaughter of schoolchildren in Connecticut. One deranged guy with a gun has taken over the national dialogue by entering the school to kill. Yes, we live in an open society and risk is inherent. Parents and schoolboards are going to demand greater safety. This slaughter was so easy a kid could do it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is up to the taxpayer in each district to decide what measures must be taken to insure the safety of children. The federal government has no place at that table.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
How about allowing the school officials and teachers who are capable and competent, and wish to do so, to carry their choice of weapons.

jimmy