trucks with dogs

termite289

Expert Expediter
um, i hate to bring this up, cause i do like dogs, but we seem to have a problem. our dog owning drivers, company not specific on this, are walking their dogs, a bit to close to the restaurant, travel stores, shops, and showers.
during the hot summer months, walking through a southern truck-stop parking lot is like having a stroll in a porta-potty with the urine oder in the parking lot, and now we are adding dog feces to it in an effort to be allowed to run our air conditioners.
believe me i get it with the anti idle laws, a dog is a fantastic way to kinda skimp around some states rules, and im all for that. but can we please start walking sparkie on the other end of the parking lot?
far away from the spot where everyone is going to eat?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have a dog and we also have baggies stored beside our passenger seat so we can clean up after her.
I also wish pet owners would clean up after their pets and also watch where they take their pets for a potty break.
It is just not real appetizing while eating to look out the window and see a pet owner walking their dog near those windows then watching the dog go and then them just walk off and leave the mess there.
If we are going to have our pets out here with us the least we can do is clean up after them as responsible pet owners.

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
Since our belove country want let us excrcise our 2nd amendment right me and my wife have a small gruad dog I do believe as a pet owner you should be responsible and clean up also take them to the proper place. Some do not care were they take them people in cars and rv's are some of the worst.

ALL HAVE A GOOD THANKSGIVING
RICK & IDA
PANTHER DRIVERS:)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think people . DO NOT .. get dogs just to skimp around the idle laws.....
drivers been having critters in there trucks for company .. way way before idle laws..
and what about ........ most the men drivers.... who pee in the parking lots??
and i have to walk on that.??? and it being on my shoes ?? and then walking into places we eat???
.. i never ever. recall smelling... dog poop or pee . in parking lots.
not even around the grass....
and i dont even have a dog in ..my truck...
although i kinda wish i did.. at times.. it gets lonely out here.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As a responsible dog owner [Kenzy is licensed, leashed, and the baggies are in my pocket when we take a potty break], I hope there's a place in hell for those irresponsible slobs who leave garbage on the ground - esp chicken bones. :mad:
I didn't get a dog to skirt the idle laws, and she is better behaved than some people I know.
Like every other category of people, there's good ones, bad ones, and some truly ugly ones out there.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think dogs and coyotes and wolves and cats and field mice and rats and squirrels and birds and rabbits and raccoons and deer and horses and cows and opossums and armadillos and many other animals routinely poop outdoors, and the outdoors next to a parking lot should be a place where people should expect to find animal poop and they shouldn't get too far bent out of shape when they find it. I mean, it's not like these animals are crapping Styrofoam or something else that's not biodegradable or isn't otherwise excellent fertilizer for the plant life that's growing there. I've never lost my appetite because a dog took a dump, or barked, or licked his balls, or even sniffed another dog's butt. That's what dogs do. Let a dog loose in the middle of the parking lot, and they'll head towards the grass to take a dump, 'cause they know that's where they should be going, too, to fertilize the lawn. You pick it up and put it in a baggie and you're depriving the ground of necessary nitrogen and plant nutrients, which increases global warming and climate change because fertilizer must then be manufactured to feed the lawn, not to mention the wasted energy required to manufacture the plastic bag you put it in, as well as the plastic bag that's in the garbage can that you put that baggie in, as well as the energy and rather large carbon footprint that the garbage truck puts out in order to take a piece of dog poop and all that plastic to a landfill, where the plastic isn't biodegradable and sits there forever, wrapped around a piece of dog poop preserving it for the same amount of time, instead of letting it break down in a matter of a few shorts days if it was left alone in the first place. Every time you put a piece of dog crap inside of a plastic bag you're committing an unnatural act and are contributing to the demise of the planet! This nonsense must stop now!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I think dogs and coyotes and wolves and cats and field mice and rats and squirrels and birds and rabbits and raccoons and deer and horses and cows and opossums and armadillos and many other animals routinely poop outdoors, and the outdoors next to a parking lot should be a place where people should expect to find animal poop and they shouldn't get too far bent out of shape when they find it. I mean, it's not like these animals are crapping Styrofoam or something else that's not biodegradable or isn't otherwise excellent fertilizer for the plant life that's growing there. I've never lost my appetite because a dog took a dump, or barked, or licked his balls, or even sniffed another dog's butt. That's what dogs do. Let a dog loose in the middle of the parking lot, and they'll head towards the grass to take a dump, 'cause they know that's where they should be going, too, to fertilize the lawn. You pick it up and put it in a baggie and you're depriving the ground of necessary nitrogen and plant nutrients, which increases global warming and climate change because fertilizer must then be manufactured to feed the lawn, not to mention the wasted energy required to manufacture the plastic bag you put it in, as well as the plastic bag that's in the garbage can that you put that baggie in, as well as the energy and rather large carbon footprint that the garbage truck puts out in order to take a piece of dog poop and all that plastic to a landfill, where the plastic isn't biodegradable and sits there forever, wrapped around a piece of dog poop preserving it for the same amount of time, instead of letting it break down in a matter of a few shorts days if it was left alone in the first place. Every time you put a piece of dog crap inside of a plastic bag you're committing an unnatural act and are contributing to the demise of the planet! This nonsense must stop now!
I am going to diagram the above sentences, even if it kills me...which it probably will. My 8th grade English teacher would be proud.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Darn it, Turtle - you guilt tripped me into switching from styrofoam to paper plates, but this one has me conflicted. Maybe I'll just scoop the poop every other time.....yeah, that'll work.:)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver

...... LOL .. omg...... this is the BEST ... post i have read yet.
you deserve something nice......... lol
like ahh hmmm.............. a cup of coffee?? lol

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I see this all the time too. People get out with their big ole dogs and they poop and just walk off and leave the poop lying where it drops. Makes me want to yell out the window to pick it up.

We always cleaned up behind our dog.. with toilet paper or paper towels.. not baggies then put it in the trash.

But I agree with Morningstar.. there is nothing like the smell of pI*zz in the parking lot. and the gall of some men.. just get out of the truck and walk to the side of trailer and let it go..Lazy bums can't even walk to the toilet..

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
Very nice post turtle. As far as anyone thinking that the 2nd amendment is an idle law they take no pride in the american way of life!!!!!!!! I also love and think of my dog as a family member but you stick your hand in my truck without me being there you might not have it any longer!!!!!!

Rick & ida
panther drivers

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I Don't Take my Dog with me Cuz I have My S&W!! But I've been thinking about taking the Little Guy with me some of the time, He's a 140 Pound Akita and Is Like a Member of my Family!
And when he goes, He GOES so I would Probably Need a Small Shovel....:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Heck with a big dog like that use up some of the plastic bags that the big box stores put your groceries in! That will get some of them off of the ground and at the same time keep the grass from getting so covered with....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm actually right there with the city of San Francisco on this one - ban plastic bags. Go back to paper or use canvas reusable bags. Not that I buy into the whole human-induced global warming climate change thing, but there's no point in going out of our way to be irresponsible. Back when they first started asking, "Paper or plastic?" I always said paper. Even if the paper ends up in a landfill, that's OK because at least the paper will biodegrade. Plastic is a petrochemical product and is forever. Now, having said that, I do have plastic garbage bags in the van, and I'll use the bags from the convenience stores as garbage bags, too. But I don't feel good about it. But no plastic plates or bowls in the van, it's all paper. :)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and the gall of some men.. just get out of the truck and walk to the side of trailer and let it go..Lazy bums can't even walk to the toilet..

What's even more disgusting is when they do that and then walk into the building!

When I was in Laredo a couple of weeks ago, I went to the movie theater that's off the Bullock. When I came out there was a straight truck parked next to mine. It was 89 degrees, the truck wasn't running, no generator. There were 2 big dogs in there with the windows just slightly cracked open. I sure couldn't do that to my dogs!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
There are a ton of people truck drivers & non drivers who should NEVER be allowed to own a Dog or any other pet.

MISSBUDDY

Seasoned Expediter
:d
i think dogs and coyotes and wolves and cats and field mice and rats and squirrels and birds and rabbits and raccoons and deer and horses and cows and opossums and armadillos and many other animals routinely poop outdoors, and the outdoors next to a parking lot should be a place where people should expect to find animal poop and they shouldn't get too far bent out of shape when they find it. I mean, it's not like these animals are crapping styrofoam or something else that's not biodegradable or isn't otherwise excellent fertilizer for the plant life that's growing there. I've never lost my appetite because a dog took a dump, or barked, or licked his balls, or even sniffed another dog's butt. That's what dogs do. Let a dog loose in the middle of the parking lot, and they'll head towards the grass to take a dump, 'cause they know that's where they should be going, too, to fertilize the lawn. You pick it up and put it in a baggie and you're depriving the ground of necessary nitrogen and plant nutrients, which increases global warming and climate change because fertilizer must then be manufactured to feed the lawn, not to mention the wasted energy required to manufacture the plastic bag you put it in, as well as the plastic bag that's in the garbage can that you put that baggie in, as well as the energy and rather large carbon footprint that the garbage truck puts out in order to take a piece of dog poop and all that plastic to a landfill, where the plastic isn't biodegradable and sits there forever, wrapped around a piece of dog poop preserving it for the same amount of time, instead of letting it break down in a matter of a few shorts days if it was left alone in the first place. Every time you put a piece of dog crap inside of a plastic bag you're committing an unnatural act and are contributing to the demise of the planet! This nonsense must stop now!

love your comment.....lol...:d

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Dog crap is essentially worthless.

The DoD commissioned a $900k study in the mid-'80's to find an effective use for it. There is none. It's not robbing the earth of anything when not letting it decompose.