Trashhole of a Pilot

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
What is with the Pilot in North Fort Worth,TX lately? It is a major trash hole today!!! We used to prefer to stay at this loction when laid over in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. There is Cabelos across the street, Subway and Mc Donalds in the Pilot and IHOP right next door. This makes it a nice place to hang out. But who wants to park in a garbage filled lot full of over flowing trash cans that stink? Its obvious that the garbage and lot has not been picked up in many days. Why have they let this place sink so deeply into the gutter?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I don't do pilots they are the most truck unfriendly tarvel plazas <<note i didn't say truck stop.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It comes right down to the General Manager of each location. If he is a clean, respectable person - his fuel island, showers, driver lounge and c-store will be also. If not, well you see what happens.

At the same time - these truck stops have a VERY hard time in getting quality people. They pay a decent wage.

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
I dont bother staying at pilot or fly crap any more, they are so over priced, dirty and not to damn friendly! Long live walmart,haha!

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i know that pilot.... when i come to texas...... i dont park at anmy of them on that i 20 ....
them truck stops are all infested with hookers, and druggies and well just a lot of rif raf.....
sides i use to live in that area for 17 yrs soo i park my truck at a non truck stop location and camp out at a friends. and go hit some fun spots and great places to eat.... around town.....lol .....
ill tell ya a great place ya should try ........ on a weekend..... the farmers market downtown dallas.... they have truck parking around it.. due to the cold storage places for produce and meats and such....
but the famers markets... is soo awsome..and has a flea market type thing on weekends there.. and a awsome mexican restarunt right there in the middle of it all.
I camp out at pilots a lot..... or a TA ... some are good and some arnt.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yep, that Pilot used to be nice. It was a great place to wait until all the boards got messed up. Now we can only be on one board at a time, so it's like we have to get right next or even downtown to get a load out of there. Oh yeah, and if you're in Texas in the Houston area I was at the J there and just b4 I got there some guy said that his car had been broken into. One of those cars like on the movie "Fast and the Furious." So watch your possessions there. (just like everywhere else though.)

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When we are in the area that is the truck stop we always stay at. We noticed last time that it appeared to be running down. The installation of Idle Air did not help the parking either. We have spent the night at the Cabalas when the Pilot was full. The problem for us is this truck stop is usually the closest to our freight. We have stayed at the TA north of there in Denton and it is a dirty truck stop also. I believe last time we were there though they where paving the parking lot which should cut down on a lot of the dust. Dallas and Fort Worth just do not have any truck stops you can feel safe at.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
When in Dallas, I always head for the Denton TA. Yes, it's dusty. But they cut their own steaks! That is THE BEST truck stop restaurant I've ever been to. I don't mind choking down the dust if there's some steak to go with it. :)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When we are in the area that is the truck stop we always stay at. We noticed last time that it appeared to be running down. The installation of Idle Air did not help the parking either. We have spent the night at the Cabalas when the Pilot was full. The problem for us is this truck stop is usually the closest to our freight. We have stayed at the TA north of there in Denton and it is a dirty truck stop also. I believe last time we were there though they where paving the parking lot which should cut down on a lot of the dust. Dallas and Fort Worth just do not have any truck stops you can feel safe at.

your right...... and i think its mostly cause of dallas being a major city.... and with ft worth really close.... crime is up.... drugs .
now when i come there.... i iuse to and once in a big while will park at the TA over by rock wall..... they have a ton of new places to eat there....
one time i parked at the TA off i20 and u would think with the gaurd there and fence around it..would make u feel better.. hell No. i seen rif raf crawl thru a hole in the fence and still come knocking on ur door.... .. and not to mention...... how many can just walk right in the parking area anyways...... whos gonna stop them and check there id or not???
i hear all sorts of stories ... about things that go on there..... part from friends of mine who live in dallas/ft worth.
only time i get up around the J or TA now... over there is when getting fuel or hitting the truck wash. then i go park somewhere else.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
......... We have stayed at the TA north of there in Denton and it is a dirty truck stop also. I believe last time we were there though they where paving the parking lot which should cut down on a lot of the dust. Dallas and Fort Worth just do not have any truck stops you can feel safe at.

i was there last thursday when it snowed. the lot was not re paved and those low spots with water were bone jarringly deep. this ta in laredo is pretty nice. getting out tomorrow.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
i was there last thursday when it snowed. the lot was not re paved and those low spots with water were bone jarringly deep. this ta in laredo is pretty nice. getting out tomorrow.
Be careful not to park over any of those fireants! they could be nasty.:(

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Update: I'm pleased to report that Pilot employees at the N. Fort Worth Pilot have been hard at work the last two days attempting to clean up their parking lot. Granted, they have a ways to go but progress is worth mentioning. We have been parked in the back next to the garbage crusher and have witnessed load after load of trash being dealt with. Keep up the good work NFW Pilot!!!

As you can see by my avatar, the wife and I drive darn near a train! LOL We are almost 80' in lenght and take a football field to turn around in. We typically stick out way past the trucks parked on either side of us, so we have to worry about our nose being ripped off in truckstops. Dallas/Fort Worth is limited for us when it comes to safe parking. When we asked the manager about parking overnight at Cabelas (after purchasing several hundred dollars in merchandise) he apologetically replied "no". It did not make any difference that we are "FULLY" contained. His reason was that the truckers were peeing on the pavement and trashing their lot with piss bottles,etc. So, according to him they are running the trucks out of their lot at closing time. What a shame!!!

24darode

Seasoned Expediter
Back last fall we were there and complained about the lot lizards and pan handlers, also the fact that there was so many 4 wheelers that was taken up truck parking. the security guard that I talked to wanted to know what I wanted him to do about it. I said your job so he looked out the window and went back to the candy aisle. so I called corporate headquarters for pilot gave them the location and about 15 min.s later a sherifs deputy was patroling the lot and running cars off.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
This is one of the two Pilots where I witnessed the shower attendant cleaning the shower, vanity, toilet and floor with the towel and washcloth the driver used.