To those who change shower heads

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
so i under by reading this that when you walk into a shower you change the shower head correct ,

well that is orginial at least i must say ,
the shower at flying j here in columbus this morning smell like sea weed well at least the water did heck got two extra showers put back on card by the wonderful folks at front counter
wombat

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've seen the end of the Internet. It's quite disturbing.

funniest_michael16_002.jpg

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
10 minutes in the shower, if that long, .:rolleyes:
When I read this the other day, my private thought was 'only 10 minutes?' I must have a whole lot more acreage than some of you. :eek:
When I went into the Indy J today they have high volume showerheads. Horrible, give me back the flow restriction. To me a shower is usually relaxing. This was down right painful, I definitely couldn't make it for 10 minutes.
So now I have a question for those who enjoy the high pressure . . . in former lives were you medieval priests that followed the self-flagellation practices? :rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jeanie wrote:

So now I have a question for those who enjoy the high pressure . . . in former lives were you medieval priests that followed the self-flagellation practices?

LOL...only me and my "Cat-O-Nine Tails know for sure...:eek:

Now, with the particu;ar showerhead that they use at TA/ Petro...it ain't all about the pressure, but also the volume and spray patterns,,,and it is also adjustable for pressure, vo;ume, and the spray pattern....

Take a shower at a TA/Petro, you will like it....:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The best shower head on the planet was in a Flying J in Ellensburg, WA. It would strip the chrome off a bumper at 30 feet. Firefighters the world over would make pilgrimages just to see it. The big truck diesel pumps are like a leaky faucet by comparison. It was awesome. But that Flying J is now closed up. Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.

guido4475

Not a Member
The best shower head on the planet was in a Flying J in Ellensburg, WA. It would strip the chrome off a bumper at 30 feet. Firefighters the world over would make pilgrimages just to see it. The big truck diesel pumps are like a leaky faucet by comparison. It was awesome. But that Flying J is now closed up. Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.

I dont get it. you rip my posts apart, saying I am stealing water,etc, but then you also agree with the fact that the high-volume shower head is awesome, etc...Talk about contradicting!! What difference does it make, about the shower heads,whether I put it on or a high-flow one is already there??? WTF???

And to think OVM started this thread because he was bored...lol.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I dont get it. you rip my posts apart, saying I am stealing water,etc, but then you also agree with the fact that the high-volume shower head is awesome, etc...Talk about contradicting!! What difference does it make, about the shower heads,whether I put it on or a high-flow one is already there??? WTF???
There's nothing contradictory at all there. When you pay for something, you get what you paid for, not what you want it to be instead. You don't to to the marina and rent a boat, and then when they're not looking take a bigger boat just because a different marina has the bigger boat for the same price. When you pay for a shower or get one in exchange for frequent fueling, you get whatever shower they supply, not whatever shower you think they should supply.

Just because I like the high volume shower head in Ellensburg doesn't mean I should deserve the same high volume everywhere I go simply because I want it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And who are you to make the rules of showering,dictating what should and shouldnt be done?
Well stomp my foot and throw a temper tantrum in the candy aisle. So, you've run out of excuses and justifications for rude, inconsiderate and selfish attitudes and behaviors, and now you're going to attack me instead? Really? Just ignore all that other crap, and come directly at me? Seriously. Well, OK, if that's where you want to go....

If you were to come to my home and take a shower, and change out the shower head, that would be the last time you would be in my home. Those are the only showering rules I make. I suspect the reverse would be true in your home, as well, where if I were to engage in plumbing in your home without getting your permission, you'd kick me out, too.

All the other rules regarding showering have been made by society, and I simply choose to live by them in a civil manner without disrespecting others. I am hardly dictating what you can and cannot do. I really thought you had more intelligence than that, and am quite amazed that you can construe anything I have said here as being dictatorial, but clearly I have given you far too much credit. I have simply stated the case of why one cannot get what they want when they want it simply by virtue of the fact they want it really, really badly (see homosexual, same-sex-marriage; see democrat, whiny little liberal; see 18-month old, waaa, waaa, waaa). On the other hand, and far be it from me to bring in something from outside the current thread, but I seem to recall you vigorously defending the actions of spammers, using one of the lamest justifications I have ever read, presumably because you are a spammer yourself. That would certainly explain a lot regarding the level of respect you have for others.

All I have done here is promote the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

All you have don is promote the infantile, instant gratification, sociopathic version of the rule, completely devoid of moral responsibility or social conscience: Whatever you do unto others is perfectly fine so long as it benefits you.

Now, do you really want to continue attacking me, or would you rather go back to discussing the pros and cons of shower head exchanges?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Careful Guido, if you take up two parking spaces, use more than one jelly in the restaurant, take an extra ketchup pack for later at McDonalds, grab a plastic fork when your only buying a roller dog. These are all punishable offenses and may lead to Santa only leaving you a chunk of coal in your stocking next year. :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
These are all punishable offenses and may lead to Santa only leaving you a chunk of coal in your stocking next year. :D

You know with the price of fuel rising, that chunck of coal may be worth more than the Xbox you got last year.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Careful Guido, if you take up two parking spaces, use more than one jelly in the restaurant, take an extra ketchup pack for later at McDonalds, grab a plastic fork when your only buying a roller dog. These are all punishable offenses and may lead to Santa only leaving you a chunk of coal in your stocking next year. :D

ON NO! I took a couple of packs of Equal from McDonald's. Should I send them a note?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I change out to a highflow shower head but find a women to share the shower with me does it all equal out? ;)