To those who change shower heads

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was in a renovated J lately and someone absolutely stripped the brand new shower heads just to put on their own....the head sprayed out because of the cross threadedness...I hope those that do this have the decency to carry plumbers tape and do the job right...

Here in Tulsa I see the maintenance guy has put spinning collars around the fitting to stop this abuse....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was in a renovated J lately and someone absolutely stripped the brand new shower heads just to put on their own....the head sprayed out because of the cross threadedness...I hope those that do this have the decency to carry plumbers tape and do the job right...

Here in Tulsa I see the maintenance guy has put spinning collars around the fitting to stop this abuse....

People who do this are a waste of air.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know we have a couple members who have openly admitted to doing this and they are friends of mine...and I hope they are taking due care of what they are doing...but if ya don't like the J or Pilot showers...stick to the TA's....the new heads at J and Pilot are not of the same quality but at least they are new...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know we have a couple members who have openly admitted to doing this and they are friends of mine...and I hope they are taking due care of what they are doing...but if ya don't like the J or Pilot showers...stick to the TA's....the new heads at J and Pilot are not of the same quality but at least they are new...

I would like to see them have some kind of "quick change" fitting in truck stop showers. Non-threaded some how. Then we could all carry our own shower heads. Then none would be stolen from the truck stops and our shower heads would be CLEAN!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would like to see them have some kind of "quick change" fitting in truck stop showers. Non-threaded some how. Then we could all carry our own shower heads. Then none would be stolen from the truck stops and our shower heads would be CLEAN!!

That is a good idea...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have enough shower credits with TA that it isn't an issue unless I am in a really bad way and there are no TA's close...but I haven't gotten the TA shower head yet so while I will change it if need be (strictly my own personal desire not a need) I haven't yet!!

And you 2 know that you are "bantering" again don't you.....:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have enough shower credits with TA that it isn't an issue unless I am in a really bad way and there are no TA's close...but I haven't gotten the TA shower head yet so while I will change it if need be (strictly my own personal desire not a need) I haven't yet!!

And you 2 know that you are "bantering" again don't you.....:eek:

We are bantering in a thread that I as in ME started...so there:p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL...I knew you were directing it at me Joe!!! :D But back to the topic at hand...wait ..which hand...oh i forgot...:(

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Oh yea, I remember...(dang i am getting old) Ken would you suggest tef-lon tape, plumbing tape or just plain ole plumbers pipe dope!?!? :D

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Would love to give away all of the shower credits that we earn on our J, Pilot, Petro, and TA rewards cards since we have our own shower and never use them. After a while they expire and are wasted. That's ashamed! If I see ya at the fuel desk getting a shower I'll surely let you use my credits but you will have supply your own shower head!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wasn't going to say it was Chef and Guido that do that That I know of....

opps....think I just said it....lol...;)