The Trump Card...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Very true. With Hillary you kind of know what you are going to get, and it isn't anything good. Could say the same for Trump but he is going to be a whole lot more entertaining in the process. In this case, have to go with the cheap entertainment.

Reactions: Turtle

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't raise the flag for either one of them. But, it is slowly starting to look like the crook or the clown which I have said before. The only upside I see on Trump is he will scare the daylights out of the Washington establishment on both sides.
A year ago I kinda liked the idea of the whole trump thing but since then I've listened to about everything he has said puplicly, and the more I listen and watch him the more I'm thinking this is a bad idea. It's in my gut more then anything. He sounds more like Hitler then a candidate. I got a bad feeling. If he wins I hope I'm wrong that's all I gotta say......for now!

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Bvkown4IAAAVyEP.jpg

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
A year ago I kinda liked the idea of the whole trump thing but since then I've listened to about everything he has said puplicly, and the more I listen and watch him the more I'm thinking this is a bad idea. It's in my gut more then anything. He sounds more like Hitler then a candidate. I got a bad feeling. If he wins I hope I'm wrong that's all I gotta say......for now!

I wouldn't read too much into it. He says all kinds of stuff. Actually quite masterfully. I think he intentionally says crazy stuff just to keep himself in the news cycle 24/7. And it works. That is all they talk about. Advertising that he doesn't spend a dime to create. Why spend millions when you can say something silly and get the same exposure?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Did anyone watch Trump's "news conference" last night after the Mississippi and Michigan primary results had been called? It was a garish/ghoulish stupefying horror show. The media make fools of themselves playing along with this guy. Trump has more personality disorders than Sally Field's "Sybil." How Donald trump has managed not to find himself in a jail cell or mental ward is one of life's great mysteries. That this man is a serious contender for POTUS is a national embarrassment our country will not soon absolve.

DONALD TRUMP for President??? We are a cursed nation.

Reactions: Windsor

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Rubio has essentially no chance of securing the GOP nomination. His best move might be to withdraw from the race and rally around Ted Cruz.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Did anyone watch Trump's "news conference" last night after the Mississippi and Michigan primary results had been called? It was a garish/ghoulish stupefying horror show. The media make fools of themselves playing along with this guy. Trump has more personality disorders than Sally Field's "Sybil." How Donald trump has managed not to find himself in a jail cell or mental ward is one of life's great mysteries. That this man is a serious contender for POTUS is a national embarrassment our country will not soon absolve.

DONALD TRUMP for President??? We are a cursed nation.
Just remember ... (at least) roughly ONE THIRD of the GOP apparently supports this idiot ...

The problem is far, far larger than just a single individual.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's OK. The other two thirds of the GOP support the alternative idiots, one who is on a mission from God and the other who is on a mission from whoever gives him the most money.

Reactions: TDave

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's the situation and why Florida and Ohio are really the only states left that really matter.

Cc8--zpWoAI_Y8s.jpg

1. Donald Trump is, realistically, the only Republican candidate who can get to 1,237 delegates before the convention in Cleveland.

2. If Trump wins Ohio and Florida, he will be the Republican nominee.

3. If he wins Ohio or Florida but not both, he could (but probably won't) get to 1,237 before the convention.

4. If he loses Ohio and Florida, the nominee will be be decided at an open convention.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is my take. He looks tough to stop in Florida, but different polls have him pretty close with Kasich in Ohio.
Should be hearing some crazy stuff shortly to kick in some more free advertising. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've found that most polling "entities" tend to poll their own audience. The NBC/WSJ polls are arguably the least reliable and tend to be blatantly left leaning and anti-Trump. Plus, NBC gets caught nearly every week manipulating poll results to favor a preferred narrative. It's so blatantly opposite of the conclusions presented by the data that there can only be one reason - intentional bias. But really, all of the news networks' polling tends to be very biased. It's almost like they need to do a poll that has the results they need for their narrative, so let's git r dun Rassmussen, Gallup, Pew, those are pretty flat. RealClearPolitics at least lets you see the the glaring variances.

Fox News has long wanted Kasich to win Ohio. They've said many times they expect him to win there. The released a poll yesterday that magically had Kasich leading Trump by 5 points, where every other Wednesday poll in Ohio shows Trump leading by at least 6 points over Kasich. That's an 11 point variance, well outside any margin of error. Is Fox New reporting the results of the other polls? Of course not. LOL

On Saturday, I figure Cruz will win Washington DC. The turnout will be very light, I would imagine. They only have 27,000 registered Republicans in DC (the other 94% are registered Democrats), and historically only 20% of them vote in primaries, and that was when there were voting precincts in pretty much every neighborhood. This year, there is one polling place, at a downtown hotel, so people will have to schlep into town on a Saturday, and it's a day that many of the roads in the city will be closed for a marathon race. Yeah, that'll ensure a HUGE turnout. Not only that, they have to vote between 10AM and 4PM, unless you're an Orthodox Jew, then you can vote anytime between sundown and 9PM. All of this for the same number of delegates as Hawaii.

These people deserve to be taxed without representation <snort>

I figure Trump will win the Wyoming caucus.

Then on Tuesday, Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, I see Trump in a clean sweep of those.