The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You tried to cancel the vote of the people with Clinton for far less. By you bringing that up is just more right-wrong hypocrisy.
You can dish it out but you sure as hell can’t take it.
Wait. Wait. Wait. WHAT?!?
The Democrats have been screaming impeachment since before Trump was sworn in. And not for anything he did while he was president before be was even inaugurated. They've been screaming impeachment since before the inauguration because they can't accept the results of the election and want to reverse the outcome. Period. Fini. End of story.

Clinton was impeached (quite stupidly and unnecessarily, in my opinion), because of actual crimes he was found to have committed, including crimes he finally admitted to, such as lying to a grand jury. There was (were?) 11 counts from the Star Report on which Clinton was impeached.

How many criminal counts were in the Mueller Report on Trump? I forget. Oh, yeah, I remember. ZERO.

At this point the Dems are going to try and impeach Trump on a laundry list of what-ifs and might-coulds, any one of which falls apart when looked at closely, and collectively they're still nothing more than zero times zero. They're so desperate that Adam Schiff said if the Executive Branch go to court to contest any of the subpoenas, the Executive Branch is guilty of obstruction of justice.

In other words, Schiff says, "If you don't do what I want, say what I want you to say, you're obstructing muh authoritay!"
south-park-respect-my-authority-sticker2-128x128.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For those of us old enough to have witnessed the Watergate scandal, it's easy to conclude that the current smearing of Trump comes nowhere close to that event.
Nixon's public approval dropped to the point where 57% of the public believed he should be removed from office. Not only did he lose the support of his base, but he also lost the backing of influential Republicans in the House and Senate. This came as a result of damning evidence presented in open, televised hearings that exposed real high crimes and misdemeanors.

Today, the Democrats have nothing that approaches impeachable offenses against Trump. His base is solidly behind him and the Senate will not vote to remove him from office. Schiff's antics are nothing more than political theater without an audience.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So when Biden bragged at a conference in 2015 about threatening to withhold Ukraine aid unless a Prosecutor was fired, what steps did Mr Vindman take in voicing his objection to that?

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The point is the same with Trump rallies, is it not? While the rallies concentrate Trump supporters in a building, it does not follow that that crowd represents the district or state in which that building is located.
True. The Trump rally in Minneapolis drew people from as far away as Winnipeg, MB. Very few of the attendees were locals from the 7 county metro area.

On another topic, when was the last time Trump appeared at a public event where the audience was not controlled by the event organizers?
Whatever entity that oversees the operation of National's Park controls access to the audience. National's Park prohibits guns on the premises so there were very few Trump supporters. The Trump supporters that were in attendance flew in from Texas and had to leave their guns at home.

Given the response at the ball game, I doubt we'll ever again see Trump appear before an audience where he might be booed and hear "lock him up" chants.
I guess Trump won't be in Milwaukee next summer. He'll have to watch the Democratic National Convention on television.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Keep in mind Trump LOST the popular vote to Hillary Clinton. He is only president because he won the electoral college.
And that is exactly why the Democrats suddenly wanted to do away with the Electoral College.

Attachments

• winner 2 - Copy.jpg
    winner 2 - Copy.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: davekc and Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like there will be a parade in Washington DC this week. I heard the Dems have offered a 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible, left over from a previous administration for President Trump to ride in.

Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
True snapshot today. A few months ago impeachment was underwater in most if not all states. Watch the trajectory, not the snapshots. What's true today will not be true tomorrow.
The IG report and the probable Grand Jury indictments are on the horizon. Add to that the imploding narrative of this Ukraine thing. Not looking good.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess the "whistleblower" and Mr Vindman didn't have an issue with this at the time:
View attachment 19507
An op-ed in the New York Post.....may as well been Faux News.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Medal of Pawner.jpg

Democracy Dies in the Barkness

Trump tweets a "fake" photo (A.K.A. hilarious meme) from the Daily Wire... and the Washington Post, New York Times and others went into "Fact Check Frenzy Mode" to determine if A), Trump really and truly awarded a paw medal to a dog, and B), if not, then why would the President try and fool the entire world that he had by using a doctored photo.

The NYT even went as far as contacting James C. McCloughan, a retired Army medic who was awarded the Medal of Honor in the original photo. They were looking for his reaction to such an outrageous and scandalous depiction of his ceremony. He said that he interpreted it as Mr. Trump recognizing the dog’s heroism, and that he certainly was not offended and laughed when he compared the two images. Unlike the Left, Mr. McCloughan can recognize humor when he sees it.

• Haha
Reactions: RoadTime and muttly