The "Trayvon" Our Media Just WILL NOT Cover

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not many people who were in their right mind would go after someone that was holding a gun on them.

There were reports on Friday that lead one to believe that 3 more who saw this happened have came forward. One report states that there is a picture that shows gun powder residue on Martins' hoodie.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The prosecution is on record at the bond hearing as saying they don't have evidence who started the confrontation. If Martin was threatened with a gun from Zimmerman than he has every right to protect himself including deadly force.Two points though 1.If Zimmerman had his gun drawn wouldn't he just use it as soon as Martin attacked him? 2. How likely would someone attack a person with a drawn gun?

Dan Abrams: ‘Surprising’ That The Investigator Still Doesn’t Know If Zimmerman Was The Aggressor | Mediaite

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Two points though 1.If Zimmerman had his gun drawn wouldn't he just use it as soon as Martin attacked him?
Depends. If he was initially afraid for his life, or was a genuine aggressor and was itching to shoot someone, he'd probably have a quick trigger finger. If he was genuinely not wanting to have to shoot Martin, and resisted doing so until he really had no choice, that might explain why he didn't fire quickly. He may have also had the safety on and didn't realize it, only having to fumble with it during the scuffle to get it to fire.

2. How likely would someone attack a person with a drawn gun?
I'd say not likely, but that also may depend on how many movies you've watched and how many video games you've played where it looks easy. I know that if someone were to draw a gun on me, they'd instantly be in charge. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle wrote:

You're the first person that I know of to suggest that the gun was drawn from the get-go, so no, I'd have to say we don't know that with any certainty at all.

and confronted Martin, who was likely afraid for his life after being confronted by, you know, a stranger in the dark with a gun.

My question was based on your 1st statement...as it reads, one would think that Zimmerman had his weapon drawn, or how else would Martin know he had a gun to begin with?

I am not defending Zimmerman, but comon, if you are confronted by a guy with a gun drawn and possibly pointed at you, its not too far a stretch that you are not going to chance attacking the gun holder....but we know from photos and witness accounts that Martin did attack Zimmerman and leave his head busted open and bleeding....

Again, i have heard several different reports that Zimmerman never found Martin and was on his way back to the truck when Martin confronted him....so we will all have to see how it plays out in court...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My question was based on your 1st statement...as it reads, one would think that Zimmerman had his weapon drawn, or how else would Martin know he had a gun to begin with?
Well, gee, I don't know. Maybe he saw the gun in a holster on Zimmerman's hip. Maybe Zimmerman told Martin that he had a gun. Maybe it was drawn. Maybe Zimmerman was holding the gun but not pointing it towards anyone. Maybe Zimmerman was creeping through the yards with the gun drawn and was saying things like, "If I catch you I'm gonna shoot you," and Martin hid from him until he could get the drop on him to prevent that from happening. I really don't know. I have reasonable doubt about reasonable doubt on both sides, without a doubt.

I am not defending Zimmerman, but comon, if you are confronted by a guy with a gun drawn and possibly pointed at you, its not too far a stretch that you are not going to chance attacking the gun holder....but we know from photos and witness accounts that Martin did attack Zimmerman and leave his head busted open and bleeding....
Actually, we don't know that, from photos nor witness accounts. I've read conflicting "witness" accounts, and the photos don't show how the injuries happened.

At the bond hearing Zimmerman’s lawyer interrogated a state investigator about the probable cause affidavit, which outlines the state’s case against Zimmerman. Investigator Dale Gilbreath testified that he does not know whether Martin or Zimmerman threw the first punch and that there is no evidence to prove nor disprove Zimmerman's contention he was walking back to his vehicle when confronted by Martin. The affidavit says "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued."

But Gilbreath also said Zimmerman's claim that Martin was slamming his head against the sidewalk just before he shot the teenager was "not consistent with the evidence we found." He gave no details.

All that matters is the evidence which gets presented in court.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Don't discount the possibility of a hung jury resulting in a mistrial. It is hard to render the unanimous verdict of 12 to zero in highly charged proceedings. Also have to factor in jury selection. Probable change of venue. We will have to wait for trial for evidence to be presented and to test the strength of the State's case against Zimmerman. Lots of prosecutorial showboating goes on in cases of national interest. So many technicalities can get a case tossed out at trial. Everything is uncertain except Zimmerman's life is permanently changed and Martin is dead.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle wrote:

All that matters is the evidence which gets presented in court.

There you go..thats what should have happened to begin with, but its far from that now...

As for all of the "maybes and could haves"....as you said, we will just have to waitto see what comes out in court...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At this point, if I had to put money on it, I'm going with the Defense. It's a very slick thing to turn a bond hearing into a discovery tool, complete with questioning a prosecution investigator, to find out what the prosecution has against you. Very slick, indeed.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One point about the lead detective's statement about Zimmerman's contention that his head was being hit on the ground. He said that there wasn't evidence of that happening, however there is a photo of injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head taken by a neighbor three minutes after the altercation. That picture wasn't included in the affidavit to the court.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turtle wrote:

There you go..thats what should have happened to begin with, but its far from that now...

As for all of the "maybes and could haves"....as you said, we will just have to waitto see what comes out in court...

I usually don't have a problem with it going to a court. The only thing though you now have a much higher likelihood of a racially inflamed jury that might have people on it ready to "settle a score" and will be blind to the evidence and instead impose their racial justice.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Read the investigator's quote again. He didn't say there was no evidence of that happening, he said it wasn't consistent to what they found. He didn't deny or refute the injuries themselves, but merely called into question how or when they occurred.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It appears its another one of those Casey Anthony thingys., IMHO

Except this time, it's with some Rodney King mixed in. Cops are saying this has the potential to be a long, hot summer. No one wants to be the next Reginald Denny.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Except this time, it's with some Rodney King mixed in. Cops are saying this has the potential to be a long, hot summer. No one wants to be the next Reginald Denny.

The cops are partically responsible because of their mishandling this right after it happened before it exploded..but beyond that, the fault for any "fallout" falls right at the feet of the "race baiters" and the media....and barry and holder.... oh i covered them with the "race baiters".....

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just curious how you think the police mishandled this right after it happened. Maybe they handled it right from the start, but after certain pressure from certain "entities' and an influx of different investigators/prosecutors they are now bungling this whole thing.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The cops are partically responsible because of their mishandling this right after it happened before it exploded..

The investigating detective had doubts about Zimmerman's story & wanted to charge him, but was overruled. Perhaps a bit of string pulling by Zimmerman's father, the former magistrate? We don't know. Also, I can't find it now, but I'm sure I read that Zimmerman's first statement was that he was patrolling for the Neighborhood Watch at the time, but that changed to 'going to the store' pretty quickly [because NW frowns on patrolling with weapons.] At any rate, he definitely now says he was on a personal errand when he saw Martin & called 911.

but beyond that, the fault for any "fallout" falls right at the feet of the "race baiters" and the media....and barry and holder.... oh i covered them with the "race baiters".....

I despise the Sharpton/Jackson crew as much as anyone - but it's pretty hard to believe Zimmerman didn't equate black male with suspicious, given his history of calling 911 to report them. [Is why I wonder why a comparison hasn't been made - is that status quo for the area?] Because a 'gated community' is NOT Detroit - but the one in question was home to many black folks, too.
Zimmerman made a huge mistake, and he seems genuinely sorry about it.
And: the irony of threats to harm him for taking the law into his own hands is just scary.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is probably plenty of times a lead investigator has an opinion or theory as to the suspects story that isn't agree upon by the prosecutor. A prosecutor shouldn't go on just theories or hunches. They need evidence to charge someone. Our judicial system would be totally out of wack if prosecutors just went ahead with anything an investigator thought. It doesn't matter what race the person is when Zimmerman called police in the past. If it happened to be mostly blacks that were committing tha majority of the crimes in the community he isn't responsible for that fact. Zimmerman was calling the police to thwart burglaries, isn't that a good thing? I'm curious as to how many "false alarms" calls from him and Zimmerman's M.O. when dealing with prior calls to police such as: Did he ever draw his gun before and under what circumstances. Any prior altercations with people in the gated community and what was his demeanor.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
There is probably plenty of times a lead investigator has an opinion or theory as to the suspects story that isn't agree upon by the prosecutor. A prosecutor shouldn't go on just theories or hunches. They need evidence to charge someone. Our judicial system would be totally out of wack if prosecutors just went ahead with anything an investigator thought. It doesn't matter what race the person is when Zimmerman called police in the past. If it happened to be mostly blacks that were committing tha majority of the crimes in the community he isn't responsible for that fact. Zimmerman was calling the police to thwart burglaries, isn't that a good thing? I'm curious as to how many "false alarms" calls from him and Zimmerman's M.O. when dealing with prior calls to police such as: Did he ever draw his gun before and under what circumstances. Any prior altercations with people in the gated community and what was his demeanor.

I have no problem at all with the number of times that zimmerman called the 911 operators to report whatever he saw...The "Gated Community" they are talking about isn't "high rent" but close to a rundown neighborhood of old condos with a "entrance" to the area, again, not "high rent"...

I do feel that they dropped the ball ..as soon as Zimmerman invoked Fla's "Stand Your Ground" law, the proscuetion backed away, they didn't want to test the law even when their lead investigator felt he had the evidence to move ahead..

I am not sayin Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder..heck, he even has no responsibility to listen to direction from a "Civlian" 911 operator that can only voice opinion..they have no power...That being said, I do think him leaving his truck is going to cost him.... He had every right to carry his weapon, no matter if he was part of the Block Watch.. and yes i did hear he was "part of the block watch", but i also heard within few days he was going to the "market" not part of any "watch" that night. But while carrying his weapon during time performing the duties while on a watch it isn't.recommended, he is well within his legal rights to since he had a valid CC permit from the state of Fla. But again, if he was on his way to the market, carrying a CW is not illegal for him....

This is all a mess and it is going to get worse at the liberal race baiters including barry continue to divde the country over economics, those that have and those that don't and race.....ts that simple...where is barry and the rest of the race baiters to speak up about the mob that beat the guy in Ala and said it was for Trayvon???? Crickets.......

Brisco

Expert Expediter
......where is barry and the rest of the race baiters to speak up about the mob that beat the guy in Ala and said it was for Trayvon???? Crickets.......

Not sure what to think about the Guy in Alabama......

Beating of Alabama man not seen as hate crime, despite claim 'Trayvon' invoked | Fox News

Not agreeing with the beating he received.....but he was more of a Trailer Park Trash with a violent background type that got his butt whooped pretty good...finally. Did it start out as a "Racial" issue? Not IMO....But it ended with some Racial Remarks after the beating took place.

Wanna hear where Crickets are NOT Chirping??

Original Story Published April 3rd:

Man, 78, recounts assault by 6 youths in E. Toledo - Toledo Blade

Follow up Story Published April 7th:

Toledo police: Man's account of assault may be exaggerated - Toledo Blade

Total Horse Hockey IMO. Toledo Police are taking a Stance of "We Don't Want The Trayvon BS Being Brought Up In Our City".

I believe the Old Fart.....No Reason not too...........

Another Cricket:

Twitter Buzzes With Talk of Zimmerman Riots

People are Calling for RIOTS and MURDERS on an Online "Social" Gathering site??? Why is the MSM not covering this too????

And people are wondering why Gun Sales, as well as Ammunition Sales, have increased 10 fold over the last couple of months.

Honestly...and this is something I'm not really discussing "IRL" with friends or family, but I have been increasing my ammunition stock pile for a couple of weeks now. I've Been buying a couple boxes of Ammo on the way home at various places here and there every 2-3 days, and will continue to do so for months if this is what will keep me and my family safe from possible future ignorant actions from the ignorant "This is For Trayvon" lunatics out there.