The "I HATE FEDEX CC" thread grrrrr grrrrr

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We've been with FDCC and Panther..I wish I could take a little of both companies and combine them. I hated calling 17,000 times on each run with the FDCC, but I liked the BOL they have better.
Plus, the most important thing...when we lettered our tires "grape" and blue, looked better. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I too like having a uniform. It does look better when you go into a customer's place of business. In the expediting world we are not only truck drivers we are sales people. WE, not the real salesmen are who the customer sees the most!! It is good for our business to look good when we arrive. We often talk with shippers etc and inform them of other services that FDCC has to offer. We thanks them for thier business. There have been times where multiple companies share loading docks. On several occasions a shipper has asked us about FDCC services. They are attracted by the look of our truck and the professional look that the uniform gives. We take that opportunity to "Pitch" FDCC services. Layoutshooter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Funny! I happen to like our uniforms and think they are pretty spiffy!
Spiffy! Yeah, that's it. Spiffy!
cheerleader_sm.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now that is funny stuff. It just bugs me when they bend over to work on their truck and forgot to put their bloomers on.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I too like having a uniform. It does look better when you go into a customer's place of business. In the expediting world we are not only truck drivers we are sales people. WE, not the real salesmen are who the customer sees the most!! It is good for our business to look good when we arrive. We often talk with shippers etc and inform them of other services that FDCC has to offer. We thanks them for thier business. There have been times where multiple companies share loading docks. On several occasions a shipper has asked us about FDCC services. They are attracted by the look of our truck and the professional look that the uniform gives. We take that opportunity to "Pitch" FDCC services. Layoutshooter

I think they are just wanting to make small talk. I think the real question they have is if they touch the black cat on the truck, "does it meow?"

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have done my fair share of being upset at FedEx Custom Critical. I look back now and think "what was I thinking". Yes, I was mad at FedEx Custom Critical but this is not the place to bash any company. My actions was dumb and wrong for doing that. After all the things I said in regards to FedEx they was still there for me in reagards to some legal matters. Some bash Panther, Landstar, FedEx Custom Critical, Tri-state and so on, but really it does not need to be posted on here. In the long run it makes you look like a fool as I did when I when I was posting things about Fedex. I just think we need to talk about all the positive things. I would ask that everyone get a book called "The Secert" and then you understand what im talking about.

This bashing of different Carriers needs to just stop. Oh, I took pride in wearing my FedEx Custom Critical shirts as I now do with Panther. Be safe out on the highway and God Bless everyone.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, Doug Travels, I understand that you MIGHT have a problem believing that I did all the things I have done in my life. When I worked with the rocket people I was with the NSA. We were designing a new Spaceborn collection system. I was working the requirement end for a very large division. I had to write those requirements in such a way that no classifed information was given up but the contractors were able to understand what we needed. Very difficult.

You see Doug, I positioned my self through out my life to do cool things. I never sat back and did nothing. I have been a volunteer firefighter and EMT. I could go on and on. I have enjoyed most of my life. Check out the link to the TV show I posted. That is a good example. That was the 2nd national show I did while in the sporting goods business.

I take no offense in you doubts about what I have done over the years. I have heard it for ever. When the movers were packing our things to go to England on man remarked to my wife that no man had time to do all things I had toys for. At that time it was 3 guitars, a drum set, suba gear, ice hockey gear, baseball and softball gear not to mention all the hunting and fishing stuff.

I can say that I have done at LEAST 10% of what I have wanted to do!! I will never rest. There are just way too many cool things to try yet!!

Layoutshooter

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Oh man- is that hilarious...Little gets me laughing anymore, but some of the FECC yoyo's think their butt needs a gold-plated seat. Perhaps they are finally started to feel the pinch now...and yes, I will talk to anyone who has half a brain: even Panther dispatchers who throw a bone my way...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gold plated seats hurt!! Man you Panther guys are goofy!! Almost as goofy as this thread is!! Layoutshooter

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Haha- BTW- how about trying to get me restored as a senior member again: I feel deprived on top of being almost broke all the time...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The charge for being a senior member has gone up to $5500 per year payable to Layoutshooter INC!! (joke joke) Layoutshooter

DougTravels

Not a Member
Yeah OVM carriers could communicate better and they will, as soon as it is in THEIR best interest. Any carrier has 1 mission and only 1, that is to make money for that carrier. Yeah they will pay you enough to keep you around, not because they are nice or because it is right. They do it only because it is in THEIR best interest. They need drivers/OO's they know that recruiting new ones can be costly, so it is in THEIR best interest to keep you somewhat happy. If they could pay OO's 10% of the load with no FSC and keep their drivers it would have been already changed.

With all of that said a smart OO/driver will do what is in THEIR best interest. You may think you are loyal to your carrier, but if a more profitable opportunity came along, you would be gone in a heartbeat.

So it is a pretty easy equation , Carriers and OO's/drivers must be an asset to each other if they want to continue working together.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Yeah OVM carriers could communicate better and they will, as soon as it is in THEIR best interest. Any carrier has 1 mission and only 1, that is to make money for that carrier. Yeah they will pay you enough to keep you around, not because they are nice or because it is right. They do it only because it is in THEIR best interest. They need drivers/OO's they know that recruiting new ones can be costly, so it is in THEIR best interest to keep you somewhat happy. If they could pay OO's 10% of the load with no FSC and keep their drivers it would have been already changed.

With all of that said a smart OO/driver will do what is in THEIR best interest. You may think you are loyal to your carrier, but if a more profitable opportunity came along, you would be gone in a heartbeat.

So it is a pretty easy equation , Carriers and OO's/drivers must be an asset to each other if they want to continue working together.

Now this is the story I believe. You have it right. Money is the driver behind all of us. We may all love or at least, like driving, but who of us (not including ice road and turtle), would be here if we didn't get paid?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, THIS FedEX'er is snooty because my white van is better than your white van.. wait... ok.. my bandana is better than... wait... no.. my pony tail is longer than... ok.. wait..

Dang it.. .maybe I just wanna be snooty!

I like FedEX because .. um... they give me money, it's on time, they give me money, it's on time... wait, already said that....

Dale

ps:... FedEx'ers always wave at me, and sometimes even blow their horns... wait... maybe that's because I"m driving too slow...

dang...

NEXT!

Reactions: 1 person

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dreamer you are such a trouble maker I am not sure how you sleep at night! Funny post!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I want to know why expediters don't wave to other expediters on the road? If we did that, we could even include those pesky VANS and they wouldn't feel so left out. :D

I always wave when I see another expediter......but it makes them drive faster :eek:

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I am a Fedexer,and I will talk to drivers from other companies.

As long as they are not drivers from E-1,Panther,Bolt, Tristate,CTX,Nations,Prestige,Rocket,All state,C&M,Try Hours,and Transtewart.

The drivers from Landstar are okay tho,but only because they won't talk to anybody about anything.

Losers all Fedex drivers