That New Guy From Ohio. . .

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Hello everyone,

Been lurking for awhile and reading, and reading, and reading...and would now like to formally introduce myself.

I did post a wee bit in Truck Talk about E-Track on Sidewalls of Cv's & Sprinters while waiting for this preferred username and email address to be approved. Evidently, according to Carol here at EO, they've had some problems with auto-confirmations going out.

I've been running the roads of America since '01 in my own extended body cargo vans, with the last eight years exclusively in Chevy & GMC diesels, and have a lot of experience with outfitting them for comfortable life on the road.

I've regularly stayed out for several months at a time and thoroughly enjoy the lifestyle, though am new to using my wheels for expediting and the particular needs it will entail.

After reading a miner's ton of good info and long posts and threads here, and interacting with a few, I feel like I've gotten to know some of the personalities/issues/topics a bit and am looking forward to both learning from, and sharing with, you all.

I read somewhere about an EO sticker that's been used as ID to others...they still available somewhere? Would be nice to run across some of you out there on the road...I already owe Turtle, ebsprintin, Moot, and LDB cups of coffee for their friendly advice.

Looking forward to it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Welcome! You need to go find the screen name thread and explain yourself.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Would like to hear ur stories on those diesel vans, maintenance and so on, the good, the bad and stuff. We have lots of discussions on gas vs diesel in here sometimes, so any input would be good. Look forward to hearing from you.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Welcome to EO :)

Thank you EnglishLady; I'm looking forward to being a part of what feels like a cool community of folk.

Welcome! You need to go find the screen name thread and explain yourself.

Thanks, Turtle, and thanks for the suggestion, too. At your prompting, I just went and did, HERE.

Would like to hear ur stories on those diesel vans, maintenance and so on, the good, the bad and stuff. We have lots of discussions on gas vs diesel in here sometimes, so any input would be good. Look forward to hearing from you.

skyraider, I'll be happy to share what I've run across and learned over the years with Duramax engines. Might start a thread on overall past experience with diesels, or add to an existing thread if I have anything of value to add. In general, at least in the way I tend to operate, they are far more trouble free and longer lasting. But that's for another board, not The Welcome Center. Looking forward to hearing from you, too.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
21c, Welcome to the porch!! as for the EO stickers, send a e-mail request here and they will be mailed to you...

- [email protected]

or stop at the EO offices in Florence KY...or attend the EXPO...or, run into me on the road, i have 2 of them that I'd be happy to give you....

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Thanks chef!

Well dang, I guess I did not realize the EO office is right in Florence, newbie that I am. I may just stop in, or will email Carol.

I am hoping to go to the EXPO and have registered. Would love to see what others are doing with their vehicles and show what I've done to my CV.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I remember when it said FLORENCE MALL, then had to be changed to Y'ALL, or so the story goes, as some didn't like it giving such prominent, but free, advertising to the then fairly new Mall. Famous tower, it is.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome! It's about time we had someone from the great state of Ohio to join our ranks.;)

If you ever come across a white Chevy van with black cats, no ISO number, an E.O. sticker on the left rear door and Minnesota tags, it might be me. As for the coffee; black, straight up and a Danish chaser.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome! It's about time we had someone from the great state of Ohio to pick on ;)

If you ever come across a white Chevy van with black cats, no ISO number, an E.O. sticker on the left rear door and Minnesota tags, it might be me. As for the coffee; black, straight up and a Danish chaser.

Hey Moot, fixed it for ya.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
21c, you must be military? Welcome!

Ha, no, but I do get asked that a lot. "You military? Or maybe law enforcement?"

When I ask why they think that (it's happened in a lot of different type of venues, from blues bars to airplanes to motorcycle rallies) the answer I hear most often is some sort of variation on "Well, you just carry yourself that way, like you're confident and comfortable and like you're on a mission..."

I did grew up military though, and just missed being born in Tokyo. Was born at an artillery base in the states instead, then lived all over the place, including Europe, growing up. It's where I get the sand in my shoes, I suspect, and why I'd pretty much be on the road than anywhere else.

I confess I did not know 21C means Second In Command in military lingo 'til I just looked it up. Means 21st Century, in my case.

Thanks for the welcome - just checked out your profile, Rob, and would be happy to be part of the Warrior Cry Music Project, if that's doable and I'm up in NoVA or DC. I've taught beginning guitar, have written and performed my own songs, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you someday,

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Welcome! It's about time we had someone from the great state of Ohio to join our ranks.;)

Hey Moot - thanks! I'll keep an eye out for you and the critters. I'm in a white GMC extended with no windows side and back, and a summer cowboy hat on the dash. Ohio plates. Minnesota, eh? You get all the fun Fargo ND runs, then? I've spent more time up there than most, and adore the people there.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah, I remember when it said FLORENCE MALL, then had to be changed to Y'ALL, or so the story goes, as some didn't like it giving such prominent, but free, advertising to the then fairly new Mall. Famous tower, it is.

There goes one of my favorite stories, sigh. I heard that the mall officials got to advertise in return for paying for the paint job. When it needed repainted, they were kind of slow to get it done, so the city officials took care of it - with just a teensy little change, lol.
I hate when the truth ruins a great story!
;)