Stolen van(GPS), part two (attn. owners)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Also, please tell us your opinion about pressing charges. It's not about the value of our lost goods, but about how much damage can these people do to others. My husband is against. He just wants to learn the lesson and forget the whole thing. What would you do?
In Life one is faced with many choices .... some of them aren't particularly pleasant, often the consequences of making a particular choice involves the expenditure of time, efforts, and money, sometimes considerable.

Ask yourselves the following questions:

How many other good people will this individual end up victimizing - if none of the good people bother to do anything to prevent it from reoccurring to others ?

How would you feel about a person who knew of this individual's conduct - but had failed to do anything about it - and as a consequence you ended up being a victim ?

How easy would it be to live with yourselves if in the future, rather than just a crime against property, this individual commits a crime against a person, and someone is injured, maimed ...... or worse ?

Often the worst sin is not an act that you commit, but a failure to act when you know you should ......

With knowledge, comes responsibility .....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was this man traveling with Doris #5 when the alleged van thefts took place?

wellarmed

Not a Member
That is not the guy she was with when I seen her in toledo but he looks a little like the dog she had.Maybe EO needs to start a new forum for "EO MOST WANTED"

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man, that's a whole lot of forehead. He looks a little like that martian in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
To me he kind of looks like a Frankenstein experiment. The article about him says he was dressed up in the clothing of the woman who owned the house he had broken into. That's just reallly, really weird!

dscincexp

Seasoned Expediter
Haven't watched the forum in a while but when I saw this and started reading, reminded me of the same thing happening over a year ago.. low and behold when I finally found the post with the name.. It was same woman... Left my sprinter in Memphis after being a no show on a pick up.. If I hadn't cancelled the fuel card, who knows where it would have ended up .. There should be a spot where you can advise others... Give a name... They are the ones stealing... I lost the CB, a tool box and some minor things, left the van dirty and about a 100 or so old Hollywood video VHS taped in the back.. BUt I got it back.. 700.00 to fly to memphis, and my time..I understand privacy rights for this forum but people like that shouldn't have rights..

PS.. i did recover her phone in the van... has family #s

dscincexp

Seasoned Expediter
Sunday I put a driver in my van. She said that she is ready to drive for TS. My mistake was that I didn’t wait until Monday to verify her at TS. I gave her the van and she went 50 miles from my office in a truck stop waiting TS to put her in service. When I called TS Monday morning they told me that she is not qualified anymore with TS. Asking why, they told me because in the recent past she destroyed owner’s equipment. When I heard this I went in the truck stop where I found her in the van with her boyfriend and two dogs. I said I'm sorry but you cannot drive for TS, so I want my van back. She said OK but let me take my stuff in another truck stop 80 miles away. In my stupidity I said OK because I was sorry for her. Yesterday it was a big rain in GA and she drove with 85-90(!!) on the higway so I lost them.After two hours I found the van in another truck stop then she said she is going to. The van was ok but my GPS was stolen. I said it is OK it was my mistake to give her the van without verifying her. So I took the van and I went home.
The day before yesterday I sent a PM to the guy who post the stolen van post and I asked for the driver name. This morning I received the answer and I almost fell down. It was the same person!!! My luck was that I took the van from her quickly and she stole just my GPS and some DVD's.
I don’t want this thief to hurt any other owners, and since I cannot post her name, I hope I am allowed to say that she is FEMALE, WHITE, 39 YEARS OLD, KENTUCKY DRIVER LICENSE, claims her address is in MICHIGAN, drives with her “boyfriend” in an All State Express BOXED VAN.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL... I got call from this driver last Friday wanting to drive for me and the Company i am leased to.... She is smart.. She left my van in Memphis, all the things stolen out of the van and she realy thinks we would re hire her, please beware as she is on the prowl again for a unexpecting owner,, I wil give info to any one that PM's me

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Why can't EO add a section on the forums for good and bad fleet owners and drivers to maybe better the chances of finding a bad driver/owner.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why can't EO add a section on the forums for good and bad fleet owners and drivers to maybe better the chances of finding a bad driver/owner.

Too subjective/bad blood/burning bridges/falsehoods/2 sides to story...for a start.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I'm not trying to be contentious here, but, as an owner KNOW who you hire .....

If you are leased to a carrier, why did they not do a complete background check?

I don't think she could ever be qualified, for example, at Landstar.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
PLEASE BE CAREFULL... I got call from this driver last Friday wanting to drive for me and the Company i am leased to.... She is smart.. She left my van in Memphis, all the things stolen out of the van and she realy thinks we would re hire her, please beware as she is on the prowl again for a unexpecting owner,, I wil give info to any one that PM's me

Did she really want you to re-hire her, or was she too stupid to realize she ripped you off once.

Probably should add, that doing a background check is essential. As for us on a new hire, we require that they go through orientation before they get the truck. That way both parties are confirmed of the results of drug test, physical, and want to run for that carrier. No point in giving them the truck if they fail the drug or physical. A little more expensive, but how bad can a few motel rooms cost for new drivers with the fleet owner paying? If the driver can't make it to orientation because of cost, then this is not really something they should be jumping in on. It isn't a cureall for vehicle theft, but might catch a bad apple before they do some damage.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm not a fleet owner but if I was, I could not imagine putting a driver in one of my trucks who was not checked out first. If I got myself into a position where cash flow was needed and I could get some going now by signing on a driver to check him or her out later, I would cut my losses and close the business. Among known drivers, the risks are high. It makes no sense to combine a valuable asset (truck) with an unknown driver.

Even without a formal background check, eyes open should be enough. The more desirable a driver paints himself or herself to be, the more likely it should be that the driver would have more than a story to show for one's efforts in the industry. Previous employers, a fixed address on which the ink is dry and references that can be checked should all be part of the picture, I would think.

fugi99

Active Expediter
Had a women with a different name about that age with a KY drivers Lic take off in my van took it from Ohio down to Florida and refused to return it.
After almost 3 weeks I talked her into bringing it back
She claims to have lived in michigan for a while. Said she had an ex husband in michigan.
I think we may be talking about the same woman.
Could someone send her picture

tryhours3191

Seasoned Expediter
Haven't watched the forum in a while but when I saw this and started reading, reminded me of the same thing happening over a year ago.. low and behold when I finally found the post with the name.. It was same woman... Left my sprinter in Memphis after being a no show on a pick up.. If I hadn't cancelled the fuel card, who knows where it would have ended up .. There should be a spot where you can advise others... Give a name... They are the ones stealing... I lost the CB, a tool box and some minor things, left the van dirty and about a 100 or so old Hollywood video VHS taped in the back.. BUt I got it back.. 700.00 to fly to memphis, and my time..I understand privacy rights for this forum but people like that shouldn't have rights..

PS.. i did recover her phone in the van... has family #s

Im sure if you contact the family it will be of no surprise to them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Id press charges on her for stealing the GPS, if she gets pulled over anywhere that warrant will come up and shell have to post the cost of the GPS for bond, which you get...also her background checks will forever come back as a THIEF, I dont think I would give any driver a vehicle without Fingerprints, a thorough background check, verified references and at least two verified addresses of relatives. It sounds like shes using the vans to sell stolen merchandise at truckstops, Im sure youve all heard the CB sales guy from the back row somewhere....shes had a pretty good run of ripping guys off, using vans illegally, and keeping property thats not hers, Maybe a group of folks whove had dealings with her should talk to the Federal Marshals, get a picture distributed to DOT in all 49 states and let her find herself in a Jail cell sooner then later. Id make sure and give the Police every name and address shes used....aliases often catch people who use them...

GenaTrac

Seasoned Expediter
contact name:Doris
contact phone: 5017916408

Below is an inquiry about your EO Classified Ad.

i have doing this kind of work since 03. ive worked for panther, tri state, nations express. ive driven sprinters and vans. mvr spotless, but i live in n. little rock ark. im from mich being out on the road that long not a problem. if intersted please call

Does anyone believe she has the balls to contact me for a job after she stole the truck and my credit card number ? True Crack Head !!!!!!