stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIT

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
Re: stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIE

He has A collar on with phone number on it. hoping for phone call.

bugsysiegel

Expert Expediter
Had a car stolen once with a hamster in it. The little critter was a birthday present for my sister.

Hope they find your van and dog.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
How about local radio stations for the missing pooch. Lots of stations have daily segments for lost animals. I hate to say it but who ever stole your van probably has dropped the dog off.

OMG, I am soooo sorry for you. I know if I lost my little miss minnie I would be screaming crying I don't know. I love her soooo much it would be no different to me then my baby being stolen.

Unfortunately Bill if the theif knows anything about dogs at all they will not drop a yorkie off. They will take her/him to the nearest truck stop and sell her to a trucker. This dog is not just someones child but also worth a lot of money even without papers they could get 3 to 5 hundred dollars for her. Have you thought of trying to contact one of the trucking stations on XM to see if anyone has sold or bought a yorkie in the last day or two at a truck stop?

Offer a reward for her? If someone bought her they might be willing to give her back for their money back along with a reward?

Last edited:

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
The van does have windows on back and side. woke up this morining no JJ no van no clothes no job no way back to indiana no nothing just sitting in a motel 6. I did offer $ 200 if they would bring the dog back. when the thief the answered my phone. I guess it just wasn't enough. Currently my resourses are limited.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
The van does have windows on back and side. woke up this morining no JJ no van no clothes no job no way back to indiana no nothing just sitting in a motel 6. I did offer $ 200 if they would bring the dog back. when the thief the answered my phone. I guess it just wasn't enough. Currently my resourses are limited.

Police can track the location by tracking your cell phone???

ATeam

Retired Expediter

If you need and want a bus ride home, Diane and I will buy the ticket. Private message me with your phone number to make arrangements.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is so terrible.

Phil--Hats of to you. Very kind offer.

We have an expediter in need. His van has been stolen. His beloved dog is missing with the van. He woke up this morning in a Motel 6 in the Dallas area with "...no JJ (the dog's name) no van no clothes no job no way back to indiana no nothing...."

The bus ticket is the easy part. I encourage expediters in the Dallas area to come to his aid. He will need transportation to get some clothes, toiletries, a replacement cell phone, etc. Maybe some of you can help by getting him a Walmart or Target gift card that he can use to get what he needs. The man might need money for food as well.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We have an expediter in need. His van has been stolen. His beloved dog is missing with the van. He woke up this morning in a Motel 6 in the Dallas area with "...no JJ (the dog's name) no van no clothes no job no way back to indiana no nothing...."

The bus ticket is the easy part. I encourage expediters in the Dallas area to come to his aid. He will need transportation to get some clothes, toiletries, a replacement cell phone, etc. Maybe some of you can help by getting him a Walmart or Target gift card that he can use to get what he needs. The man might need money for food as well.

Phil,

Let me know how EO can help. PM me is there is anything we can do.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I wish I was in the area.

Hats off to you guys on this board.

You do help out your fellow drivers and dogs.

Robert

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm wondering a couple things but preface this with a sincere hope that the dog is found.

1- why was the dog in the van alone (my wife actually asked)?

2 - the cell phone company will track the phone if the cops ask. Did you tell the cops that you had left your phone in the van and ask them to see if they can get it traced?

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
I was at a convenience store parked at front door, van in site of me, in there about 2 minutes dropped my keys on floor looked for them did not see them thought I'd find then when I got back very bad mistake. When I turned back toward the door the van was going down the road.The phone company would only tell me that the last call was in Dallas I have the phone turned off now. Insurance will pay 30.00 a day for a rental car. Police still have not found anything. I'm just sitting here looking stupid and feeling stupid Thanks for the offer and helping to look for JJ.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
2sweet,

I know you have a lot on your mind right now and there is much to sort out. Just know that there are people in the EO community who are willing to help in certain ways if you need it.

Don't worry about explaining yourself to spectators. Just do what you need to do and let us know how we can be of assistance.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Phil wrote:

2sweet,

I know you have a lot on your mind right now and there is much to sort out. Just know that there are people in the EO community who are willing to help in certain ways if you need it.

Don't worry about explaining yourself to spectators. Just do what you need to do and let us know how we can be of assistance.

Exactly....I hope this has a good ending, especially for the dog...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just out of curiosity where are you using a computer?

I was thinking of all of the things that we would lose if our truck was stolen or totaled and it is very scary to contemplate.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
2Sweet. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Just a few things, some may have been mentioned already so disregard if that is the case. First off, you ask us to contact Dallas PD, your vehicle was stolen in West Dallas, were you in Dallas City Limits or did one of the smaller Departments like possibly Irving, Grand Prairie or another smaller department respond. To save time anyone reporting should call the Dept that took the call. Dallas PD has got their hands full. Your copy of the Police report will advise you. As to calling Dallas to report a sighting of the vehicle, for instance in a business parking lot, any PD can be contacted, they can run a check on the vehicle and it will come up as stolen.
When you get the time, try to go to the local office of the Cell Phone carrier and explain your situation to them and present your ID. Ask for the Manager. You may get better service face to face. Then as soon as you can give us as much information as you can about your vehicle, General Characteristics as well as well as specific characteristics and or distinguishing marks. I’m sure when walking through a parking lot, most of us will wander over and look for the distinguishing marks. It could be that the tag was removed and replaced with a stolen tag. Hopefully the guy will get stopped on a traffic violation and hopefully you have the vehicle registration in your wallet, not in the glove compartment. Should the perp be stopped how will the PD contact you to advise you of a recovery or a vet for instance with your dog? You stated you had your phone turned off and it was in the van. Did you give the PD a number of someone that they can reach other than yourself? As for general characteristics you pretty well covered it, I did not see any color listed for your van, I assume it is white. But you know what assumptions do. As far as specific characteristics:
Any qual com, CB antennas, if so mounted where, permanent mount or mag mount. Any thing mounted on the roof of the vehicle, AC or otherwise. Glass, is any of the glass tinted beyond factory specs, is any of the glass covered with any of the various means that expediters use to prevent one from looking in. Where are the decals mounted, what window, how many, description of them. Is any glass broken. Are there any apparent dents, scratches, or dings which you could describe that would stand out, such as 3 inch horizontal scratch located below passenger door handle, dent over driver side rear wheel well. Any thing that could lead one to think that this may be your van. Lights, do you have any extra lights on the vehicle, any cracked lens etc. Tires and wheels, color of wheels, if non standard, tires, brand name if aftermarket, any white or raised lettering on the tires. Grill cover, or any other device that you have put on the vehicle. Note that one item in and of itself should not raise suspicion, but if you described that you had the 3 inch scratch below the passenger door handle, had foil on your windows, and chrome chrome rims, and a piece of duct tape on the right front turn signal lens, then I would think it might be a good lead for an officer to check out. It’s pretty obvious these items will not be seen while the vehicle is moving down the road, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see it in a parking lot and walk around looking for more of the obvious points. Also since everyone is well tuned to this and probably doing everything that they can to assist you, it would be great to get a recovery reported ASAP. Might even have the EOL telephone number handy and give them a call so they can post it if you do not have access to a computer or time to report it. Good luck.

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
So sorry to hear about your dog.I would be going insane right now!We are sitting in Dallas at the TA and will keep an eye out for both. Our thoughts are with you and hope for the fast return of JJ.