Stay away Inland Kenworth in Albuquerque, NM

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We had a T300 Kenworth towed in to this location 4/18/12 to have the turbo replaced. The truck was losing power so the drivers pull off the Hwy and I sent a service truck to them. The service guy came out and checked the truck over then said the bearings was going out in the turbo. So we had it towed to this KW dealer and that is when the nightmare began. After putting a new turbo on the truck they sent it back on the road with out making sure there was the right amount of oil was in this truck. They said they couldn't check the oil because the dip stick was broke off. I told them to make sure there is enough oil in this truck.

Well they sent the truck back out on the road four and one half gallons low on oil. The truck ran fine before it got to this dealer and now it knocks and they are trying to saying everything under the sun was wrong but the root of the cause ( which was lack of Oil). After two weeks of dealing with the lies and refusing to tell me what was going on with our own truck, I called a wrecker to tow this truck to another location. Now they closed a 7 pm their time and the tow truck was there at 6:10 pm their time. But they was refusing to let our truck out of their shop. The bill was paid, You see they didn't think I would have the truck towed out to another shop. When the wrecker showed up, they called the General Manager and the Shop Manager who I feel was trying to cover something up and hide things from us. They both come running back to the dealership to stop the truck from being removed. I had to get nasty and tell them that I would call the police if they keep refusing to let our truck be towed from the place. They even tried to say the bill wasn't paid, which Tricia had faxed over to them over an hour earlier. Our bank showed they already taken the money out of our account. Which had me going off on these people.

The truck got to the other shop and they said the reason for failure was lack of oil. The number six cylinder piston had melted and KENWORTH tried to say it was other things that cause it. Now my wife likes Kenworth trucks and I like Freightliner trucks. I win the fight on the place with better service. Which is Freightliner. I will share more things as this unfolds next week.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The lack of oil should have been spotted IF the driver had done a complete pretrip inspection.....just saying....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'd love to know how the truck ended up 4½ gallons short on oil.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The truck got to the other shop and they said the reason for failure was lack of oil.

This reads like the second shop is in agreement with the KW shop. I don't see a case against the KW shop. At least not one that you would win.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd love to know how the truck ended up 4½ gallons short on oil.
I big turbo?.....LOL
Regardless....many times after a trip to the shop and they mech says you are good to go many drivers just hop in the seat and go......they don't do the pretrip inspection...they "think" everything "should" be ok.....WRONG......Had the driver done a pretrip...the shortage would have been spotted.....good thing I am not a lawyer ...

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you did not tow it the freightliner there in Albuquerque,If you did your nightmare is just getting started

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just how in the world did you expect a driver to check the oil during a pretrip? Your driver is filing a false pretrip report. That be a CSA violation right there....Why did you not get it replaced? Seems Bruno, you bear some responsibility as well...

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Broken dipstick.

That truck should have been out of service until that problem was fixed.

Period.

The driver let it leave the shop with a broken dipstick, therefore the failure is the driver's fault.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Costly lesson to be learned for such a cheap part that could have prevented the whole situation. IMHO all parties involved equally share the responsibility.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After putting a new turbo on the truck they sent it back on the road with out making sure there was the right amount of oil in this truck. They said they couldn't check the oil because the dip stick was broke off. I told them to make sure there is enough oil in this truck.

The driver let it leave the shop with a broken dipstick, therefore the failure is the driver's fault.

But the owner was dealing with the shop and was informed of the broken dipstick. He already had the turbo replaced, what's a few more bucks for a crucial component like a dipstick? How did the owner expect his driver or the mechanic to check the oil level?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I would never left without a new dipstick. Could the truck have been low because it had been running w/o a dipstick ?
After Bruno pays for this repair dipsticks will be a more valued item at Mayfield Express.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Reread the original post. First time I've read FREIGHTLINER TRUCKS and BETTER SERVICE in the same sentence.
Whatever Freightliner shop has Bruno been going to ? It must be one of trucking's best kept secrets !

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The dipstick was broke off on the top of the tube. The shop said they could see the dip stick but couldn't get the it out.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What kind of shop can't get a dipstick out ? I was towed in once and as I was paying the bill I mentioned they should grease the u-joint they re-installed. The truck was in the bay and they said they'd start another ticket and get a mechanic right on it ! I passed.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We use Youngs in Canton, Ohio for all major repairs on the Freightliner's we have. We mostly use Armstrong Truck and trailer repair as the shop rate there is $73.00. We use TA for small repairs on the road but after being charged $456.00 to tighten down three nuts on one truck and another truck burning to the ground because a bad job working on a starter. My wife don't want to use TA for any repairs now.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That was a good one Ken as I needed a laugh about one crazy week.