Stay away Inland Kenworth in Albuquerque, NM

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Actually Cheri if you read back he does accuse Dave's drivers of falsifying pretrip.

Depends on when the dipstick broke. If it was broken before they began their drive, then yes. But I don't think that's what happened.
And I don't do a 'pretrip' after repairs - I just check what they worked on, if they didn't let me watch.

Why we do that? All it takes is a dot stop to catch us lying on our pretrip and we are in trouble.

A DOT stop is last on the list of reasons to do a proper pretrip. I do it because my life may be riding on it, not to mention some innocent person's. Any smart driver does the same, & I doubt Dave has drivers who don't.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Actually Cheri if you read back he does accuse Dave's drivers of falsifying pretrip.

Depends on when the dipstick broke. If it was broken before they began their drive, then yes. But I don't think that's what happened.
And I don't do a 'pretrip' after repairs - I just check what they worked on, if they didn't let me watch.

Why we do that? All it takes is a dot stop to catch us lying on our pretrip and we are in trouble.

A DOT stop is last on the list of reasons to do a proper pretrip. I do it because my life may be riding on it, not to mention some innocent person's. Any smart driver does the same, & I doubt Dave has drivers who don't.

Mayfield Express

No I get what your saying. I didn't say that's why we do pretrips just stated why would we falsify when dot knows whether or not we are lying.

Mayfield Express

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
OK.. we'll give it another shot.. open for DISCUSSION... play nice!

Dale

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I only seen the beginning of this thread yesterday and not what it deteriorated to later on. In order to keep it on track and possibly help someone else now or later on, I will respond this way.
Several issues have to be looked at with several already mentioned. What is the actual cause of the damage? A failed injector will be different than the damage from a failed piston. Also, one injector out will not likely take a whole engine out.
No matter how one looks at it, the dipstick issue should have been addressed. If the dealer failed to put in engine oil, that is equally shared problem. If a garage was not going to check it, then the drivers and the owner should have been told with a confirmation of that information on the receipt releasing them from any liability. If that was done and the drivers left anyway, there is really no recourse.
At the end of the day, the dipstick should have been addressed. Especially since it is such a inexpensive but important thing to have.
No real winners in these kind of experiences. Hopefully it can be put together and get the experience behind you.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once, out of curiosity I pulled the dipstick out of that tube thing. The end of the dipstick was covered with black oily stuff that got on my fingers. Super gross! I'll never do that again.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Once, out of curiosity I pulled the dipstick out of that tube thing. The end of the dipstick was covered with black oily stuff that got on my fingers. Super gross! I'll never do that again.

I thought I was the only owner who has a driver that said that. :eek: