Stay away Inland Kenworth in Albuquerque, NM

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
One wouldn't have to hide behind a 'mod' shield when one doesn't instigate in the first place........Got a right to my opinion, too.

This thread could have morphed into a wonderful teaching thread for a newbie driver and/or O/O.

Regarding your last paragraph, OVM....well, nevermind. If you believe that, wonderful.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Driver pulled over because he was losing power after blowing 4 gallons of oil out ?
How many miles where driven between the repair and returning to the same shop ? Driven to the same shop, or towed back after turbo.
I'm not trying to slam Dave. I just want ALL the facts in trying to determine liability for. The cooked engine.
By posting the original post the way it was opens both parties up to this scrutiny.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is clear now that you think a dip stick is the only way to check oil in a motor. So before you start running your mouth know the facts.

As far as I know, the dipstick is the only way to check. You can drain and refill and assume that the level is good, but the only way to check it is with the dipstick.

There was nothing wrong with OVM's comment, based on the way you told the story. I would certainly have included the added info in the initial telling.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Then sue me, my comments based on the info of your first post...you lose...

I never once said I was going to sue you Ken. I said that saying things like that is slander and I don't like it and neither does our Lawyer. Your the reason people are leaving because of crap like this.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dave: if the shop had pulled the drain plug & refilled the oil, they'd have charged you for an oil change [around $150-175]. If they had topped it off, they'd have charged for the oil, cause they don't skip ANYTHING they can charge for - did they charge you for ANY oil?
Also, who broke the dipstick, and when? And could they not find some needle nosed pliers?
I find it hard to believe they'd call it done with no way to check the oil - what if the other place that had one didn't when the truck got there? It's been known to happen.....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bruno himself has a track record of being a drama queen sometimes...

So, I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed "Bruno" threads turning out like, well, this one.

Maybe we should get an over/under going on how long it takes before he leaves in a huff and says he's done with EO.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There is a lesson here for a newbie.
Come here for sympathy or support and you better be ready for anything.
Thanks to Bruno for tipping us off to what he believes is a bad shop.
Each person will access blame.
Those that blame the shop will say it's a bad shop.
Those that think Mayfield Express goofed up will say Dave's ****ed because he messed up and lost money.
In the end maybe they both could have done things better. Someone,somewhere will learn a valuable lesson.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a lesson here for a newbie.
Come here for sympathy or support and you better be ready for anything.
Thanks to Bruno for tipping us off to what he believes is a bad shop.
Each person will access blame.
Those that blame the shop will say it's a bad shop.
Those that think Mayfield Express goofed up will say Dave's ****ed because he messed up and lost money.
In the end maybe they both could have done things better. Someone,somewhere will learn a valuable lesson.

The thing is, we're only getting Dave's version of the story, and he's shown that he's maybe not the best at relating a story. I don't think anyone should assume that the shop is bad at this point. We need to see how it all shakes out. There's a possibility that a lot more details will come to light.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I see more drama coming from you OVM and for dam certain that is the reason people are leaving. It seems all the mods can trash talk other members and the one time I jokingly made a comment I received an infraction.

This place has double standards and seem just the same as my local police department.

Ps: Dave is a standup guy and just warned of the situation at hand and you let your imagination run wild and accuse us (mayfield express) drivers of falsifying pretrip inspections. I take offense to that as much as Dave or any of his other drivers.

Good day!

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I am a simple person that has a right to my opinion....being a mod doesn't mean I have to ponder to anyone IF I feel otherwise....I explained my case, he doesn't believe it....then he threatens me with a lawsuit and calls me out and I can't defend myself because i am a mod?....Bullcrap...If anyone reads Bruno's 1st post...no where did he explain why and what happened to the dipstick...Bruno himself has a track record of being a drama queen sometimes...
THAT said.....

To whom it may concern especially a certain safety department...at no time did I believe that Mayfield Express ever knowingly sent out an unsafe unit....In post #24 Dave aka Bruno....cleared up the matter with a clear explaination of the circumstances...

Ken this is one time you have done ran your mouth to much. You can say what you want about me Ken as I really don't give a ****. When you start running your mouth and making statement about our drivers and my company then we have a problem. YOU sent me a PM in regards to posting a disclaimer which I didn't respond to. You can be a nice guy at times Ken but you have let the Mod job go to your head. Until EO Removes you as a Mod, I will promote other sites like the one we have Paid Banners on now. This new website is only two months old and I'm getting more calls from that site than from the paid one from EO. I'm not out to hurt Lawrence business, but I draw the line when you pull bullcrap like this. If you wanted to know something you should have asked. Now I'm done with your drama and I will stay away from this site until things change. I stopped posting as much here because of the drama and come back and make a post about a KW dealer that was doing us wrong and to warn others. The drama starts once again, now I know what Doug and Stewart are talking about. You want to blame everyone and slander people. Well, you can do it all you want, I just don't have to be apart of it.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I agree with the pre-trip end of it but the shop should have checked the problem. Turbo's are cooled by oil. It's supposed to be checked by the mechanic to make sure the cooling line didn't break and loose oil or the when the Turbo went south it didn't send oil out the exhaust. To many dip sticks in the story line.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The dipstick was broke off on the top of the tube. The shop said they could see the dip stick but couldn't get the it out.

Yeh that's hard to do. 5/8 wrench maybe 3/4, remove from pan, replace with new part. I wouldn't take a lawn mower to that place.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is as Highway Star said: Dave has the best of intentions, but his writing style sometimes leaves details out, until questioned about it. Then he supplies them - if he hasn't flown off the handle first, of course. He's kind of sensitive that way, doncha know.
OVM knows that - and he didn't accuse anyone of falsifying their pretrip: he doesn't do one himself & has only his memory of the Canadian version to go by, I'm thinking.
Nobody meant to slander anyone - so could we get back to what actually happened please?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
We use Youngs in Canton, Ohio for all major repairs on the Freightliner's we have. We mostly use Armstrong Truck and trailer repair as the shop rate there is $73.00. We use TA for small repairs on the road but after being charged $456.00 to tighten down three nuts on one truck and another truck burning to the ground because a bad job working on a starter. My wife don't want to use TA for any repairs now.

And you didn't take them to court??

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Actually Cheri if you read back he does accuse Dave's drivers of falsifying pretrip.

Why we do that? All it takes is a dot stop to catch us lying on our pretrip and we are in trouble.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Please Explain to me how I screwed up Ken. You have no Damm clue what your talking about. All of our drivers do a pre trip inspections Ken. For you to ASSUME they don't is insane. The dip stick didn't clause the failure. This Kenworth shop didn't have the dip stick tube and another shop had one 90 miles away. The truck came in with oil coming out the turbo and all over the side of the motor. They removed the turbo and no parts was missing from the old turbo that could have damaged the motor. The shop was told to make sure the oil was topped off. had the shop pulled the drain plug like they was told to do and fill the truck up with the amount that the motor calls for the engine wouldn't have had the problems it did.

It is clear now that you think a dip stick is the only way to check oil in a motor. So before you start running your mouth know the facts.

Aside from the argument w/Ken your statement about oil all over the engine told the whole story. I would make Kenworth pay and fire the mechanic. Got nothing to do with the dip stick. The shop should not have released the truck until it was fixed.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I agree with the pre-trip end of it but the shop should have checked the problem. Turbo's are cooled by oil. It's supposed to be checked by the mechanic to make sure the cooling line didn't break and loose oil or the when the Turbo went south it didn't send oil out the exhaust. To many dip sticks in the story line.

You are 100% right. You don't go to a shop and get a new radiator and they send the truck back out on the road with no coolant. A Dealership should do what is asked of them. How I found out they didn't put oil in the truck was they didn't charge me for the oil on the bill, but they charged me for the labor. I got the fax about 20 mins after the bill was paid for. When I seen that they didn't add oil to the truck I called them and said please tell me you didn't let the truck leave without putting oil in it. There own paperwork has it clearly marked, Truck came in with oil on motor and owner thinks turbo needs to be replaced. Anyone in there right mind knows that if a truck has oil all over it from a turbo knows it will need oil added.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Aside from the argument w/Ken your statement about oil all over the engine told the whole story. I would make Kenworth pay and fire the mechanic. Got nothing to do with the dip stick. The shop should not have released the truck until it was fixed.

You are 100% right