Stay away Inland Kenworth in Albuquerque, NM

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This reads like the second shop is in agreement with the KW shop. I don't see a case against the KW shop. At least not one that you would win.

No Moot, Kenworth is saying that it was an injector that caused the meltdown. I have talked to six different well know service managers from Cummins, Freightliner, and Kenworth. I send them pictures of the engine and I was told this happens from lack of oil. I was told the same thing from five different people that don't know each other. It is common that the number six cylinder will do this from lack of oil. I hope Kenworth Corp does the right thing on this, time will tell.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Bruno, a few more trucks and you can afford to send your wife to the golf course and hire a replacement. Then you get to run the business the way YOU want to. LOL
I ran 34 trucks with my father. We often looked at things differently . Then sometimes mom would throw her two cents in.....
Good luck. If you told them to be sure the oil level was Ok, they should have pulled the tube and sold you the proper dipstick.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was a good one Ken as I needed a laugh about one crazy week.

Laugh all you want Bruno ...you still screwed up IMO...

Tell me Bruno..the section on the pretrip...checking fluids...what does the driver mark in there?
..Maybe American pretrips don't have that box to check?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Laugh all you want Bruno ...you still screwed up IMO...

Tell me Bruno..the section on the pretrip...checking fluids...what does the driver mark in there?
..Maybe American pretrips don't have that box to check?

Please Explain to me how I screwed up Ken. You have no Damm clue what your talking about. All of our drivers do a pre trip inspections Ken. For you to ASSUME they don't is insane. The dip stick didn't clause the failure. This Kenworth shop didn't have the dip stick tube and another shop had one 90 miles away. The truck came in with oil coming out the turbo and all over the side of the motor. They removed the turbo and no parts was missing from the old turbo that could have damaged the motor. The shop was told to make sure the oil was topped off. had the shop pulled the drain plug like they was told to do and fill the truck up with the amount that the motor calls for the engine wouldn't have had the problems it did.

It is clear now that you think a dip stick is the only way to check oil in a motor. So before you start running your mouth know the facts.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Just how in the world did you expect a driver to check the oil during a pretrip? Your driver is filing a false pretrip report. That be a CSA violation right there....Why did you not get it replaced? Seems Bruno, you bear some responsibility as well...

Geez OVM.

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

MissKat

Expert Expediter
All us kitty drivers do our inspections electronically. No pencil needed. Good eyesight and proper measuring tools a plus.

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please Explain to me how I screwed up Ken. You have no Damm clue what your talking about. All of our drivers do a pre trip inspections Ken. For you to ASSUME they don't is insane. The dip stick didn't clause the failure. This Kenworth shop didn't have the dip stick tube and another shop had one 90 miles away. The truck came in with oil coming out the turbo and all over the side of the motor. They removed the turbo and no parts was missing from the old turbo that could have damaged the motor. The shop was told to make sure the oil was topped off. had the shop pulled the drain plug like they was told to do and fill the truck up with the amount that the motor calls for the engine wouldn't have had the problems it did.

It is clear now that you think a dip stick is the only way to check oil in a motor. So before you start running your mouth know the facts.

I knew we'd eventually get the whole story out of you...Dave...LOL....why does it take about 6 posts to get it...gee whiz.....Now the story makes sense......

BigCat

Expert Expediter
We do pretrip our trucks OVM. If we have something we find wrong that needs attention Dave quickly gets us repaired.

Dave can't control what happened which is obviously a defect of kenworth's repair. If the turbo was leaking oil and kw didn't top it off after repair that is their problem. It's kind of like getting a new tire and them sending it out flat.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We do pretrip our trucks OVM. If we have something we find wrong that needs attention Dave quickly gets us repaired.

Dave can't control what happened which is obviously a defect of kenworth's repair. If the turbo was leaking oil and kw didn't top it off after repair that is their problem. It's kind of like getting a new tire and them sending it out flat.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read my above post....LOL.....I was just poking Dave to get the WHOLE story.....:)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just how in the world did you expect a driver to check the oil during a pretrip? Your driver is filing a false pretrip report. That be a CSA violation right there....Why did you not get it replaced? Seems Bruno, you bear some responsibility as well...

Ken, Your a drama Queen and want to blame everything on the owner of the truck. Go park your Sprinter as you have not clue what the hell your talking about. Once again this dealer didn't have the dip stick tube. The part was 90 miles away and the truck wasn't leaking oil after the turbo was replaced. So why would the driver need to check the oil when it should have been just topped off. So if the truck had no leaks OVM and the oil was topped off like I asked and paid to have done, how is it the drivers fault or mine. For you to ASSUME once again that a driver is filing a false Dot inspection report is also insane. DOT regs says that you have to do a pre trip inspection when you start your day and then a post trip inspection at the end of the day. The pre trip had been done already once that day by the driver. You would think a dealer would do what a customer ask of them not send a truck out on the road with no oil. So before you start blaming drivers or owners you need to know the facts and ask things. Don't ASSUME things Ken as it's no very becoming of you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken, Your a drama Queen and want to blame everything on the owner of the truck. Go park your Sprinter as you have not clue what the hell your talking about. Once again this dealer didn't have the dip stick tube. The part was 90 miles away and the truck wasn't leaking oil after the turbo was replaced. So why would the driver need to check the oil when it should have been just topped off. So if the truck had no leaks OVM and the oil was topped off like I asked and paid to have done, how is it the drivers fault or mine. For you to ASSUME once again that a driver is filing a false Dot inspection report is also insane. DOT regs says that you have to do a pre trip inspection when you start your day and then a post trip inspection at the end of the day. The pre trip had been done already once that day by the driver. You would think a dealer would do what a customer ask of them not send a truck out on the road with no oil. So before you start blaming drivers or owners you need to know the facts and ask things. Don't ASSUME things Ken as it's no very becoming of you.

Read Dave....read.....poke ,poke.....#28

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Read my above post....LOL.....I was just poking Dave to get the WHOLE story.....:)

No you wasn't OVM. You even went as far as to say my driver was reporting false info on a pre trip inspection. Don't try back peddle on your statements now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No you wasn't OVM. You even went as far as to say my driver was reporting false info on a pre trip inspection. Don't try back peddle on your statements now.

I am NOT back peddling....IF you had told the whole story right off....I wouldn't have had to poke you......many agreed with me because you did not tell the complete story....Thanks Dave

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I am NOT back peddling....IF you had told the whole story right off....I wouldn't have had to poke you......many agreed with me because you did not tell the complete story....Thanks Dave

Who agreed with you? Your back peddling Ken. Are the other people's names, Me, Myself, and I. If you wanted to know more, you should have asked, not ASSUME like you did. Then you even went as far to claim that our driver did a false DOT inspection. You can call me anything you want Ken. But when you start ASSUMING our drivers are filling out false inspection reports, I have a BIG PROBLEM with that and so does our Company Lawyer. That is slander, And I won't stand for someone slandering my drivers or my company. As a Moderator for EO you know better.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Regardless of the outcome,it'll be an interesting read. This juror is leaning towards Bruno. Was there add oil on the bill that was paid ? That will be key.
Low on oil going in. If billed for oil,Bruno wins. If not billed for oil then does it become a he said/ she said ? If oil was dripping off truck a good dealer would have a NO OIL ADDED statement if sending out low intentionally.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who agreed with you? Your back peddling Ken. Are the other people's names, Me, Myself, and I. If you wanted to know more, you should have asked, not ASSUME like you did. Then you even went as far to claim that our driver did a false DOT inspection. You can call me anything you want Ken. But when you start ASSUMING our drivers are filling out false inspection reports, I have a BIG PROBLEM with that and so does our Company Lawyer. That is slander, And I won't stand for someone slandering my drivers or my company. As a Moderator for EO you know better.

Then sue me, my comments based on the info of your first post...you lose...

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I'm wondering if Moderator School has required reading of "Winning Friends and Influencing People".

Fail.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crap I didn't screen shot that in time :p
I am a simple person that has a right to my opinion....being a mod doesn't mean I have to ponder to anyone IF I feel otherwise....I explained my case, he doesn't believe it....then he threatens me with a lawsuit and calls me out and I can't defend myself because i am a mod?....Bullcrap...If anyone reads Bruno's 1st post...no where did he explain why and what happened to the dipstick...Bruno himself has a track record of being a drama queen sometimes...
THAT said.....

To whom it may concern especially a certain safety department...at no time did I believe that Mayfield Express ever knowingly sent out an unsafe unit....In post #24 Dave aka Bruno....cleared up the matter with a clear explaination of the circumstances...