Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i looked at the cry baby site was not impress with it
lawrence has build a great web sight
and has taking this part of transportion industry to the top

Brisco

Expert Expediter
i looked at the cry baby site was not impress with it.....

I agree.

Kind of a Joke sight.

But, it's part of the "internet discussion board" realm here online.

It's kinda like this.....

Remember back in High School when there were those Goofballs that liked to flick boogers at each other, talk back to the teachers, challange authority, went across the street to smoke their cigs, tried to crash the partys of the "in crowd" people, and so on? They then went on to drop out and became absolutely worthless. Then one day you happen to run across one of those Goofballs some 20 years later and they're still as worthless as they were back when they made the choice to be a GoofBall the rest of their life.

Same outlook I have about that other board right now. It has potential to possibly be somewhat of an informative board that could contribute to the Expediting industry, but the way it's being ran right now, it's just going to stay worthless.

And they speak in terms of "mass exodus" here at EO. The "active" members there (all 8-10) that are buying into it are delusional.

It's just a flight of fancy board made for, and by, degenerate posters that don't belong on discussion boards. I give it 6 months til it becomes just a "chatroom" for 2-3-4 people. Know what I mean.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
This is really tooo tooo funny.

I think for what ever reason Dave (bruno) decided to post about the other site may be valid to him but to me, it attracts people to that site to see what the big whoop is all about. I can't figure out how over there they think EO's end is near and how they are going to capture the market but ... never mind.

On top of that, they scream about freedom of speech and things that just don't legally exist on private sites - which theirs and this one are both. There are limitations, most may not understand that they don't even "own" the domain name but rent it and it can be taken away or that their agreement with their web hosting provider may not allow some of the stuff that they may do.

BUT with that said, I find the title and OP's purpose of this thread a bit over the top seeing in the general forum a fight was brewing between a few people over some stupid contract termination and it made it to 101 posts. If I was a mod or an admin here, I would have locked the thread before the juicy stuff started - at post 5 - and I would have locked the accounts too. But that's just me.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I agree.

Kind of a Joke sight.

But, it's part of the "internet discussion board" realm here online.

It's kinda like this.....

Remember back in High School when there were those Goofballs that liked to flick boogers at each other, talk back to the teachers, challange authority, went across the street to smoke their cigs, tried to crash the partys of the "in crowd" people, and so on? They then went on to drop out and became absolutely worthless. Then one day you happen to run across one of those Goofballs some 20 years later and they're still as worthless as they were back when they made the choice to be a GoofBall the rest of their life.

Same outlook I have about that other board right now. It has potential to possibly be somewhat of an informative board that could contribute to the Expediting industry, but the way it's being ran right now, it's just going to stay worthless.

And they speak in terms of "mass exodus" here at EO. The "active" members there (all 8-10) that are buying into it are delusional.

It's just a flight of fancy board made for, and by, degenerate posters that don't belong on discussion boards. I give it 6 months til it becomes just a "chatroom" for 2-3-4 people. Know what I mean.

I would agree,the site won't make it,but i find your statement about usless drop out goofballs kind of ironic.There expeditors,your an expediter.No matter your what your school status was, in the end you and "them" chose the same career path!Kind of makes us all equall dosn't it? Yes there are some here that are very articulate,and some have feeble minds that can barley express themselves so in the end.......

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I would agree,the site won't make it,but i find your statement about usless drop out goofballs kind of ironic.There expeditors,your an expediter.No matter your what your school status was, in the end you and "them" chose the same career path!Kind of makes us all equall dosn't it? Yes there are some here that are very articulate,and some have feeble minds that can barley express themselves so in the end.......

In fairness to Briscoe, I did not get the impression that his statement had anything whatsoever to do with anyone's choice of career path. I took it that he was pointing out that in many cases, personality traits in existence in high school kids, can still be found in those same people many years later when they are adults, in another setting.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
In fairness to Briscoe, I did not get the impression that his statement had anything whatsoever to do with anyone's choice of career path. I took it that he was pointing out that in many cases, personality traits in existence in high school kids, can still be found in those same people many years later when they are adults, in another setting.

Some people like to have fun,some people are boring as hell,some people belong on Jerry Springer,Some people belong on Oprah.Not everyone can be the same,nor should they.Some people live in glass house's,some people throw stones at glass house's.How boring this world would be if we were all the same.Jesus loves ME this i know...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Briscoe's description however harsh is closer to the truth...ya got a bunch of people who sign an agreement to a set of rules and then don't want to abide by them...whine and cry..and most of the problems root in the soapbox...and spread to other forums....of course it is conservative heavy and lib light...so when one says something, they are outnumbered by like 10-1 odds...so the impression of being "jumped" on is the feeling....Instead of being mature and discussing it in a grown up fashion, they go stomping off....to pout in a corner
I don't have that many fingers and toes to count the times I've been jumped on...and admittedly, I did have a problem at first...because I wanted to win my point....as they most certainly got theirs across...I've been called everything you could type on here and more...but here I am still...and NOT going anywhere....

Have a Great Day...Ken aka OVM!:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
It all boils down to personal preferences and levels of participation. For me, this forum is where I learn about topics that are of interest to me. I don't read the others. I do participate somewhat in our carrier forum if I don't have anything to do.

For me personally, its not worth my time or effort to get into a shouting match with anyone on any forum.

I have had two issues in the past on here, those were resolved. There won't be another because it just isn't worth my time or effort.

As in my CB, I may listen, if I don't like what I hear, I turn it off.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It all boils down to personal preferences and levels of participation. For me, this forum is where I learn about topics that are of interest to me. I don't read the others. I do participate somewhat in our carrier forum if I don't have anything to do.

For me personally, its not worth my time or effort to get into a shouting match with anyone on any forum.

I have had two issues in the past on here, those were resolved. There won't be another because it just isn't worth my time or effort.

As in my CB, I may listen, if I don't like what I hear, I turn it off.

Apparently there are some that just can not "turn it off" They are consumed to win their point, no matter what it takes....and get frustrated when they can not.... :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, sometimes ya just gotta consider the source and tune it out!
If I had a dime for every time I was cursed and bad mouthed , I could retire....*lol* I just hang in like a bad habit....hehehe

Come to think of it..I think you owe me a dime from a certain subject/thread you weren't to pleased with....:)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll take about a dollars worth of that, you are a **^#@!! and a *#@% and also a %*#@ and not to mention a !#%** and a **^#@. :D
Feel better? and just for a low price of 1 dollar...:p

If your other half wants to contribute I'll almost have enough for a value meal....;)