Speaking Freely on EO

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I agree.

Kind of a Joke sight.

But, it's part of the "internet discussion board" realm here online.

It's kinda like this.....

Remember back in High School when there were those Goofballs that liked to flick boogers at each other, talk back to the teachers, challange authority, went across the street to smoke their cigs, tried to crash the partys of the "in crowd" people, and so on? They then went on to drop out and became absolutely worthless. Then one day you happen to run across one of those Goofballs some 20 years later and they're still as worthless as they were back when they made the choice to be a GoofBall the rest of their life.

Same outlook I have about that other board right now. It has potential to possibly be somewhat of an informative board that could contribute to the Expediting industry, but the way it's being ran right now, it's just going to stay worthless.

And they speak in terms of "mass exodus" here at EO. The "active" members there (all 8-10) that are buying into it are delusional.

It's just a flight of fancy board made for, and by, degenerate posters that don't belong on discussion boards. I give it 6 months til it becomes just a "chatroom" for 2-3-4 people. Know what I mean.

This is probably the best description I've read yet. LOL!
So from this day forth the two forum operators shall be called Booger and Goofball. LOL! :rolleyes:

Camper

Not a Member
Cheri1122

Re: This Has To Be Answered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to disagree, Camper. The threads serve a useful purpose in illustrating how NOT to handle a disagreement: by posting hearsay in support of a complaint against another member.
Making them 'disappear' just leaves everyone wondering and speculating on what "really" happened, while leaving it out there lets us make up our own minds about the allegations. That they should have been made in private is a given, but they weren't, and sweeping it under the rug just encourages more unfounded assumptions.
Disagreement is part of life - how you deal with it is illuminating

Cheri, I agree with your premise about the threads serving to illustrate both sides of the coin in terms of proper etiquette(how not to handle a disagreement). However, threads that are slanderous or that are down right disruptive with no constructive purpose warrant housecleaning, IMHO..Constructive criticism is certainly an integral part of good, honest, dialog. Destructive ranting is not.

Personally, I'd like to thank Larry for putting together a great site which has proven to be a great means of fostering a sense of community within our niche industry. It has served me quite well in the short period of time I've been utilizing it. I'd also like to thank his group of moderators for keeping the forums clean and on topic without twarting the free exchange of ideas and viewpoints, an aspect which is key to any/all successful forums.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Nah, I'll just make Highway moderate again! That'll teach him! LoL.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Brisco

Expert Expediter
WooHoo!!

I was mentioned in a news breaking - front page article written by Booger and replied to by Goofball.

Makes me feel all impotent now.

.....I mean Important!!! :p

Well, that just means they're over there across the street, smoking their parents Viceroys, complaining that the Principal just paddled their behinds for umpteenth time, and so far, only 30 people have read their complaint all day. (view count on thread)

Hell, we get 30 view counts on every new thread started here within the first 5 minutes after the thread is first posted.

Oh well, made my point. Must've chapped someones butt over there though. No skin off my back..................:D..........

greg334

Veteran Expediter
WooHoo!!

I was mentioned in a news breaking - front page article written by Booger and replied to by Goofball.

Me too!

BUT I don't see a link to my post to give proper credit, does EO have a policy about the use of content from their site?

Still even funnier is their idea of freedom of speech ...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
And WooHoo again!!

They gave me an award tonight!

I feel so honored.:D

Discussion Board rookies...........:p..........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Speaking Freely" carries a degree of responsibility.

Keep in mind this is a "Public Forum" and also keep in mind when you signed up for this forum there was a set of rules that everyone agreed to follow.

To judge what should or shouldn't be typed..is your decision and yours alone...YOU hit the send button and have decided to abide or take the consequences of that decision.

Even if you think this member is nuts/crazy....or that member is a wingnut?

The difference is in the way it is said...

an idea/thought/opinion can be idiotic...but once you make it personal, IE.."you are an idiot for saying that".. you have left the topic and crossed into another zone.

Remember everyone has a right to be an idiot...this is America after all....:D

My point I guess..is, Please give your posts some thought, re-read them before ya hit that send button. Ask yourself...Do I really want/need to go there....and lets keep this fun and entertaining.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
WooHoo!!

Makes me feel all impotent now.

.....I mean Important!!! :p

Well, that just means they're over there across the street, smoking their parents Viceroys, complaining that the Principal just paddled their behinds for umpteenth time, and so far, only 30 people have read their complaint all day. (view count on thread)

Hell, we get 30 view counts on every new thread started here within the first 5 minutes after the thread is first posted.

Oh well, made my point. Must've chapped someones butt over there though. No skin off my back..................:D..........

Viceroys?? They still make them?:D