So Much for Legal Immigration

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I won't say that facts & figures presented by the Center for Immigration Studies may be biased, but I will say they are so full of confusing jargon, acronyms and explanations of technicalities that it's impossible to make any sense of it.
It reads like one of those sucker bets, where you try to keep track of which shell the pea is under as the operator shuffles the 3 shells, really really fast.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
When liberals cannot argue the facts of an assertion, they typically resort to cries of bigotry or racism. Supposedly, liberals believe this will shut down discussion by silencing those who hold a dissenting opinion.

Quite possibly true. To be clear, I am not a liberal. Additionally, sometimes a spade is a spade.

Obama came into office with contempt, governs with contempt, and will leave with contempt. Contempt is at the core of who this man is.

There is no evidence to support this theory.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Are you missing the point, or just ignoring it? It's the ILLEGAL immigrants I don't like, especially the ones that are getting ObamaCare and other welfare benefits, draining the resources of our schools and hospitals and taking jobs that could go to US citizens and LEGAL immigrants. But aside from that, what's so blatantly being displayed in the MSM and elsewhere is the hypocrisy of today's liberals showing their intolerance if not outright hatred of white, conservative Christians. Maybe it's time WASPs started being offended by this intolerance and discrimination instead of turning the other cheek.

Same old tired regurgitation. Liberals hate white conservative Christians? Maybe they just hate the things some of these individuals say. "Get" Obamacare? Maybe if you understood the concept of an insurance exchange you would realize how silly that statement is. I hope Glenn Beck is flattered by your constant insistence on parroting his hyperbole...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I won't say that facts & figures presented by the Center for Immigration Studies may be biased, but I will say they are so full of confusing jargon, acronyms and explanations of technicalities that it's impossible to make any sense of it.
It may be confusing, but according to ICE's own numbers, the bulletted "Key Findings" are spot on. The removals at the border are up, but interior removals are down, and the vast majority of removals are due to criminal convictions, not due to simply being here illegally.

ICE and CBP's stated primary mission is the identification and apprehension of, and the detention and removal of, criminal aliens and other removable individuals located in the United States. Based on the removals, "other removable individual" no longer means "illegal" like it used to. Apparently it doesn't mean much at all. Unless you have been convicted of a crime before you got here, or unless you are convicted of a felony after you got here, you can stay here, legal or not, as long as you want.

The ICE web page states plainly, "[in 2012] ICE focused interior enforcement operations on convicted criminals with an emphasis on those convicted of the most serious crimes." So unless you have committed either a felony or three (count' em three) misdemeanors each with a punishment of less than one year, they don't care.

Not a single country on the planet has the kind of immigration incompetence we have. It's downright embarrassing as a US citizen to know that we can't even control our own land borders, despite 7,476 miles of it being land border and the oceans being the other 95,471 miles of the border.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This nation's current leader is a radical departure from historic norms ...
Does that roughly translate to "He ain't one of us honkies ... that's fer sure !" ?

It's going to be a long, long time before Americans ever again entrust power to anyone so contemptuous of our history, our culture and our traditions.
Well, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for some right-wing, socially conservative, Talibanistic religious fundie, foreign-interventionist meddler any time real soon ...

That ship has pretty much sailed ... and I doubt very seriously whether it will arrive in any port in this land ever again ...

What kind of madness overtook the American electorate to place a Muslim descendant at the helm of a predominantly Christian nation?
Well, it doesn't appear that it was the type of madness that includes racist, xenophobic religious bigotry, which is apparently highly prevalent down in Jeebustan ...

Islam is not compatible with Western values.
Samuel Huntington was, and is, vastly over-rated ... ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is not that we can't control our borders, our "leaders" don't want too. Controlling them would be easy. Getting rid of those who are here illegally would be difficult but not impossible. Then again, our "leaders" don't want to get rid of them. In the end it is our fault for electing the idiots we keep electing.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
When liberals cannot argue the facts of an assertion, they typically resort to cries of bigotry or racism. Supposedly, liberals believe this will shut down discussion by silencing those who hold a dissenting opinion.

Barack Obama is and has been a disaster for the United States. He brings a worldview largely outside traditional American norms. Obama came into office with contempt, governs with contempt, and will leave with contempt. Contempt is at the core of who this man is.
As much as your posts in this matter of the present POTUS are filled with venomous contempt, I suppose I should consider you a bit of an expert and authority ... however, I'm not entirely sure that it's a matter of true, accurate discernment on your part ... or just simply "projection" ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's going to be a long, long time before Americans ever again entrust power to anyone so contemptuous of our history, our culture and our traditions. What kind of madness overtook the American electorate to place a Muslim descendant at the helm of a predominantly Christian nation? Islam is not compatible with Western values.
Mother, go get my gun from off the mantle and you best hide in the basement.

They're a-comin' to kill me, rape you, and steal our daughter ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As much as your posts in this matter of the present POTUS are filled with venomous contempt, I suppose I should consider you a bit of an expert and authority ... however, I'm not entirely sure that it's a matter of true, accurate discernment on your part ... or just simply "projection" ...
I really like how more and more people are now replying to the post and not the poster. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . . Makes me all warm and fuzzy.
There's a pill for that.

oxycontin.jpg

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Get" Obamacare? Maybe if you understood the concept of an insurance exchange you would realize how silly that statement is. I hope Glenn Beck is flattered by your constant insistence on parroting his hyperbole...

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Fortunately, ignorance can be fixed.

Commentary: The inevitability of Obamacare for illegal aliens

Obama Promises Illegals: Obamacare Sign Up Info Won't Be Used for Deportation | The Weekly Standard

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not like illegal immigrants aren't already being provided with free health care at the expense of US taxpayers, but they're demanding free organ transplants too.
Now they want American taxpayers to finance their organ transplants! This is even more brazen than the discrimination lawsuits illegal aliens have filed against law enforcement agencies—both federal and local—in the U.S. over the years. To make their point, the illegal immigrants have gone on a hunger strike outside an Illinois hospital demanding free organ transplants for themselves and their fellow undocumented comrades...

All of the protestors are from Mexico, according to the news report, and all need either a liver or kidney transplant that they can’t afford to pay for. They obviously don’t have health insurance or they wouldn’t be staging this show. So the illegal aliens want Uncle Sam to step up the plate and pick up the tab. Kidney and liver transplants costs hundreds of thousands of dollars and could run into the millions if there are complications...

The U.S. government already spends upwards of $4 billion a year to provide the millions of illegal immigrant who live here with medical care, according to figures released by a nonpartisan organization dedicated to researching both legal and illegal immigration. Most of that money goes to hospital emergency rooms and free clinics that treat the uninsured.

This has created a huge burden for hospitals nationwide that get stuck with the exorbitant cost of treating uninsured illegal immigrants. A few years ago a Florida hospital spent more than a quarter of a million dollars to fight a lawsuit from an uninsured illegal immigrant returned to his native country after racking up a $1.5 million bill. The case involved a Guatemalan Mayan farm worker who was hospitalized for 3 ½ years at the Stuart facility with severe brain injuries sustained in a car wash.

After receiving a judge’s permission, the hospital put him on a plane back to Guatemala and a legal battle ensued. The same hospital also spent a substantial amount of money treating a brain damaged illegal immigrant from Mexico for two years and, in congressional testimony, the facility’s administrator said more than half of the hospital’s births were to illegal aliens

Illegal Aliens Demand Free Organ Transplants | Judicial Watch
And not only illegal immigrants getting on the ObamaCare rolls, but also prison inmates; got to pad those numbers...:rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/u...-inmates-are-signing-up.html?hpw&rref=us&_r=0

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
It is not that we can't control our borders, our "leaders" don't want too. Controlling them would be easy. Getting rid of those who are here illegally would be difficult but not impossible. Then again, our "leaders" don't want to get rid of them. In the end it is our fault for electing the idiots we keep electing.

Why get rid of them? They serve a valuable purpose in doing the grunt work none of the rest of us wants to do...

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't even tell me about not being willing to do "Grunt work" I am not a gageit of a LiBerAl college, I WORKED my way through life.

They are INVADERS and SHOULD be treated as such.

They have NO legal standing here and have NO right to be here.

There are MILLIONS of "Americans" on welfare. Either THEY pick up the slack when we drive the invaders out, OR, NO MORE WELFARE!

It is getting SO OLD!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not like illegal immigrants aren't already being provided with free health care at the expense of US taxpayers, but they're demanding free organ transplants too.

And not only illegal immigrants getting on the ObamaCare rolls, but also prison inmates; got to pad those numbers...:rolleyes:

According to the "corrections officials", the reason they're [and make no mistake, it's the officials doing it] signing inmates up for insurance is primarily to shift the costs of health care from county/state to the Feds. Nice, eh?
A secondary [somewhat better] reason is that ex cons who get medical care are less likely to return.
Either way, if ex cons can't be treated like anyone else, there's no real reason for them to be rehabilitated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/u...-inmates-are-signing-up.html?hpw&rref=us&_r=0

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

According to the "corrections officials", the reason they're [and make no mistake, it's the officials doing it] signing inmates up for insurance is primarily to shift the costs of health care from county/state to the Feds. Nice, eh?
A secondary [somewhat better] reason is that ex cons who get medical care are less likely to return.
Either way, if ex cons can't be treated like anyone else, there's no real reason for them to be rehabilitated.

Padding the numbers apparently is going on. All states are trying to shift costs to the Fed out of necessity. With Obamacare, the Feds are carrying the cost for three years. After that, states have to pick up all of their medicaid costs.