Sneaking a lesbian onto the Supreme Court

JohnnyMoe

Seasoned Expediter
Well i am not expert on the subject but being lesbian doesnt have anything to do with ability to work as judge.Better have lesbian as judge than homophobic relligion follower.It said in contitution Under God.LOL but i beleive we can choose which god and relligion we choose to follow.Every major religion claims there is god but U.S constitution doesnt specify which one .So if you jew,christian, catholic,hindu ETC you could assume that your relligion is represented equally in U.S constitution.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As with any potential nominee, I would be more interested in their previous rulings rather than what orientations they do or don't have.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
So - would the smooth, soft bodies of pre pubescent girls do it for 'em as well ?

Clearly, it's not just about smooth, soft pre pubescent bodies .... but also ones that are male .....

Correct - they are homosexual in the specific sense, in that they prefer young males, as opposed to older males.

The effort to focus on age (on the part of those advancing the homosexual agenda generally, not NAMBLA types) is a red herring .... and is an attempt to divert attention, and sanction and gain approval for perverted behavior (their own) - by contrasting it with a similar, but somewhat different, type of behavior which is clearly indefensible generally, as far as society is concerned.

It's sort of a case of a "Look, what I'm doing is not as bad as _____" justification .... by minimizing the conduct against something considered to be far worse.

And the point of this statement is what, exactly ?

That the individual is still a homosexual in a specific sense, and still has a specific desire or compulsion for having sex with young males ? :confused:

Ok, you make a good point about a NAMBLA member being a specific kind of homosexual, however, I find it very hard to believe that if it were known by the appointer that an appointee was a member of such an organization, they would in fact be appointed...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I actually don't care,

I want to know what being gay is defined as because in order to be someone who claims that they can't help it, there has to be something about not having a choice and I don't see it.

Is it a lifestyle or sexual orientation?

Is it defined by the individual or a group?

Why can someone be gay one day and not the other?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Well i am not expert on the subject but being lesbian doesnt have anything to do with ability to work as judge.

Somebody above made a good point in regard to this, namely, that homosexuality is, whether you're pro- or con, a deviant preference. And perhaps that someone who is a deviant might have rather heterodox views on the Constitution and rule of law. So that's the potential problem there.

Better have lesbian as judge than homophobic relligion follower.

Well, that's an opinion, and a poor one, though you're certainly entitled to it. Further, to set the record straight, there's no such things as "homophobia." Homophobia is an invented term, a neologism, used to convey the idea that disapproval of homosexuality is abnormal, or to go further and equate it with white supremacy. Homophobia, however, isn't a clinical or psychiatric term the way agoraphobia or any other phobia is. It's merely a means to an end, that end being making homosexuality normal and acceptable in the public's eye. Toward that end, they've been very successful. When Jesse Helms opposed one of Clinton's lesbian nominees, forget which one, he gave his reason as, "She's a d*** lesbian!" Most of society kind of shook their collective heads and thought of him as being rather backward.

In fact, homosexuality cannot be equated with something inborn like skin color. Unlike skin color, homosexuality is not a matter of who you are or how you are born; it's a matter of what you DO. Regardless of whatever mixed up feelings you may have, that doesn't make you a homosexual (when I say "you," I mean in general, not any post-er in particular). If you're a person who has sexual relations with someone of your own sex, that makes you a homosexual. Likewise, you may be tempted to rob a bank. Until you act on that temptation, you're not a bank robber. If you do, THEN you're a bank robber. Same thing.

Wouldn't there be general agreement, if not unanimous, that Obama isn't a supporter of the Constitution, the way it's written and the way the framers intended? He has said as much in just so many words. Mightn't that be why he wants someone prone to deviant views on the court?

It said in contitution Under God.LOL but i beleive we can choose which god and relligion we choose to follow.Every major religion claims there is god but U.S constitution doesnt specify which one .So if you jew,christian, catholic,hindu ETC you could assume that your relligion is represented equally in U.S constitution.

Yes, you could, in the "you have a right to be wrong" sense. By that, I mean, that the exercise of your religion, whatever it is or isn't, is indeed protected, as it should be, by the Constitution; that doesn't make your belief correct in the larger sense. But my freedom to worship Who and how I believe is right is intertwined with the same protection yours has, even if you worship this guy:
Flying Spaghetti Monster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Janette

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I'm just curious as to why people keep referring to this person's
deviant views when nobody has listed any. Putting her sexual preference aside, can someone please enlighten us to some of her past rulings?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Thank you...a voice of reason.

It can be equally argued this represents the voice of apathy... and apathy leads to the sorry state our nation is in. Not caring strenghtens the radical position. Apathetic citizens have much to be accountable for.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
deviant views when nobody has listed any. Putting her sexual preference aside, can someone please enlighten us to some of her past rulings?

I'm sure when she's officially nominated, Pandora's box will open and we'll see what a collectivist and anti-Constitutionalist she is. Until then, we can only speculate based on what we see.

My cousin Johnny always wanted to go to the quarry and jump off some of the rockpiles. But then again, he also ate his toenail clippings. Maybe his opinions are too deviant to follow.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

She has NO rulings, she has never been a judge and has never argued a case in lower courts. That is not a problem since prior legal work is NOT a requirement for Supreme Court. She is VERY liberal.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As with any potential nominee, I would be more interested in their previous rulings rather than what orientations they do or don't have.
Dave,

While your's is certainly a voice of reason, as pointed out by another, it is not the only valid reasoning possible on the matter.

It is certainly true that one should look to any judicial nominees previous rulings, in terms of evaluating their qualifications - however, often that record is limited, and ultimately does not represent how they might rule once appointed to the bench (particularly, considering that it is a lifetime appointment)

One would have to have a very short memory indeed to not recall a number of individuals, who once appointed, ruled in a manner that was different, or even opposite, of how conventional wisdom indicated they would.

However, in the case of Ms. Kagan doing this would be completely impossible - since she has never been a judge.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Janette, we can't avoid talking about it, not because most of us don't really care but the proponents will with no doubt use the tags they already given her and use them as some sort of civil advancement.

In reality, past rulings don't mean much because if she is confirmed, she will be presented with a different cases from the ones she has heard and adjudicated in the past. The real concern would be with her character and ethics going into the court but more importantly how she can remove any embedded prejudices from her judgment as a court member.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
A Supreme Court justice, being human, brings an agenda with them. No exceptions. There is no tabula rosa/blank slate judge.

It is in keeping with Obama's style to either ram things through or use stealth to sneak through a radical to positions of power. We have to watch everything Obama does with a jaundiced eye. Transparency is not his friend.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Janette, we can't avoid talking about it, not because most of us don't really care but the proponents will with no doubt use the tags they already given her and use them as some sort of civil advancement.

In reality, past rulings don't mean much because if she is confirmed, she will be presented with a different cases from the ones she has heard and adjudicated in the past. The real concern would be with her character and ethics going into the court but more importantly how she can remove any embedded prejudices from her judgment as a court member.

While new cases would be different, previous rulings if they were a judge prior to being nominated, would be a precursor to how they would potentially vote in the future.
If this nominee had no prior rulings then I think she is a bad choice on that premise alone rather than their personal orientation.

As to whether my personal views are one of apathy, I would respectively disagree. I liken something like this to comparing whether a Catholic or Protestant is a more suitable choice for a judge.
Just my penny in the pond.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While new cases would be different, previous rulings if they were a judge prior to being nominated, would be a precursor to how they would potentially vote in the future.
If this nominee had no prior rulings then I think she is a bad choice on that premise alone rather than their personal orientation.

Dave, there is no constitutional requirement that a person needs to have prior legal experience or even be a lawyer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I actually don't care,

I want to know what being gay is defined as because in order to be someone who claims that they can't help it, there has to be something about not having a choice and I don't see it.

Is it a lifestyle or sexual orientation?

Is it defined by the individual or a group?

Why can someone be gay one day and not the other?

The interesting things are the dilemmas produced by the two terms, "sexual orientation" and "sexual preference", as both are double-edged swords with political ramifications and how they are used. Obviously, "sexual preference" implies that one makes a choice, while "sexual orientation" implies a state of being, or who you are. Some people claim your sexual orientation is determined at birth, or even in the womb by hormones, but since no definitive genetic or biological marker can be found, it's a weak case at best. Yes, there are some physical and biological differences between gays and straights, like some differences in the brain, and even differences in the comparative lengths of the index and ring fingers of gays and straights, but the differences are not there in all cases, and are only there in a small minority of cases, barely above a 50/50 chance. So no definitive markers there.

Some people (virtually all of them heterosexual) claim it's a choice, yet that doesn't really hold water, either. No one can pick and choose who they are attracted to or who they will fall in love with, whether you are heterosexual or homosexual, or somewhere in between. A heterosexual who claims they merely chose not to be homosexual fails the test when they admit there are some people they are not attracted to, or some people that cannot fall in love with. Otherwise, everyone would be picking and choosing people to be attracted to and to fall in love with based on some criteria other than attraction and love. Oh, sure, on some esoteric, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair way people are picking and choosing who they fall in love with, but that's a far cry from picking this or that brand of cereal, which is what a pure choice comes down to.

What makes someone gay or straight, or makes someone go gaga for blonds or brunettes, is likely some terribly complicated combination of brain chemistry, hormones, nature and nurture. Even if researchers can find some definitive cause, they aren't likely to be able to "correct" it. Homosexuality has always been there, and there's no reason to think it won't always will be. The fact that homosexuality exists at all in humans is quite normal, and homosexual behavior is certainly normal behavior to the homosexual, but homosexuality is nonetheless an abnormal condition, and homosexual behavior is anormal behavior within the species.

To label homosexuality and homosexual behavior as a sexual deviancy, begs the question of, "Normal sex, does it exist?" Some say "normal" is anything done between a man and a woman, but I can think of many things done between a man and a woman that is hardly normal or typical. Good girls wear high heels, bad girls wear high heels... to bed. You want a cherry on top, dear? Honey?

A deviancy is a departure from the norm, but homosexuality is not a mere departure from the norm, it's anormal behavior, it goes against the type. Meaning, for example, 6 digits on one hand is abnormal, but the abnormality is still of the correct "type", all of the digits are digits, all are of the same "type". But if you have 6 digits, and at the end of each digit is a fully formed foot instead of a fingernail, that's way beyond abnormal, since feet aren't digits, feet go against the "type".

All things being equal, it shouldn't matter if a homosexual is a justice on the Supreme Court. But all things are not equal, not since the justices began to interpret the Constitution as colored by their own personal beliefs and agendas. The last thing we need on the Supreme Court is a justice who thinks anormal behavior is normal, and then coloring their decisions based on their own sense of normal.

Bottom line, though, is that when they're young and hot, lesbians are gnarly, but when they're old enough to be on the Supreme Court, no, that's not right, no one wants to see that.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave, there is no constitutional requirement that a person needs to have prior legal experience or even be a lawyer.

I know there is not a constitutional requirement, but it is a personal one that I would have. But then again, I am not picking the person.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know there is not a constitutional requirement, but it is a personal one that I would have. But then again, I am not picking the person.

I always kinda thought that it would be very interesting if a "normal" as in, not a lawyer, was put onto the court. Just a everyday person. I know it would never happen. It is a interesting idea.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I always kinda thought that it would be very interesting if a "normal" as in, not a lawyer, was put onto the court. Just a everyday person. I know it would never happen. It is a interesting idea.
It is absolutely an interesting idea ...... if you consider that judges' legal rulings affect normal, everyday citizens, and not only lawyers ... :D

In fact, the case could be made that by having a judicial system which has the all relevant key positions (judges and counsel for the opposing parties) composed only of lawyers, the average non-lawyer citizen is denied any real representation by a true peer.

Why Lawyers Make Bad Judges