Skirts

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope I have never driven one of those vehicles. In a truck we have a little more privacy when driving...

Linda, an Astro is or rather was a truck. It had a huge 2 piece windshield typical of cabovers. It also had a very low dash.

GMCAstro.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Below is a link to a short video shot from inside the cab of a GMC Astro. Watching this reminded me of our old E.O. friend Dieselphreak. He once posted an audio clip of a Detroit 71 series running up on a dyno. Nothing quite like the sound of a Driptroit 2 stroker!

YouTube - ‪Shifting a GMC Astro‬‏

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Linda, an Astro is or rather was a truck. It had a huge 2 piece windshield typical of cabovers. It also had a very low dash.

GMCAstro.jpg

The one I drove had windows about pedal high...driver and passenger side above each headlight.....someone could see your feet and "whatever" :eek:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Lol I don't drive one I just admire them :p

They can be some of the ugliest trucks on the road, but some of these guys that take them to truck shows do a nice job with them. I never drove one but it seems they would handle great in tight spots.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
They can be some of the ugliest trucks on the road, but some of these guys that take them to truck shows do a nice job with them. I never drove one but it seems they would handle great in tight spots. Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Like England you mean ROFL :D:p

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
It's funny, I was thinking about this the other day when I delivered to a plant in WV... when I first drove many years ago, drivers looked like cowboys LOL... ok, that style might have come and gone mostly, but still.. they had on jeans, good boots, fancy western shirt etc.. there was no doubt they were professional truck drivers. My 60 something year old brother-in-law still dresses that way :) He loves the pearl snap pocket, fancy embroidered shirts, with nickel plated tips on his cowboy boots!

Now, I still see the cowboy, biker, farm boy look some.. but many times that line at the shipping window looks like they're lining up for the waterpark.... or.... dumpster diving.

Gentlemen.... if your shirt has more holes than material.. it is not professional attire!

Ladies.. I'm sorry.. if your butt is bigger than mine?? Please no Daisy Dukes, ok???????? :eek:

Dale