Skirts

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have always and I mean always abhorred wearing a dress or skirt and for that matter dressing up.

I like my t-shirts, jeans, sneakers and being comfortable

Once we started with FedEx Custom Critical we were soon in uniforms as we liked the recognition and also the ease of washing uniforms.

Bob stepped up his dress code to a tie a few years ago and has enjoyed the feeling this has given him.

I changed to slacks and a button down shirt which I found I liked better than the uniforms.

Now I have went over the edge and have purchased a few skirts to wear with my FedEx Custom Critical blouses. Low and behold I find I like the comfort of the skirts and have now started picking the skirt over my slacks.

When needed I quickly change into pants and the appropriate clothing to load or unload freight. The run of the mill loads that do not require finger printing or me going on a dock I am leaving my skirt on!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It's small things like this that improve the image of owner operators and that they are professional, small business owners.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes..Just because we drive a truck doesn't mean we have to have a muscle T shirt with tell tale signs of everything we've eaten in the last 2 days, grubby blue jeans with the mandatory chain on the wallet and 3 days of growth....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes..Just because we drive a truck doesn't mean we have to have a muscle T shirt with tell tale signs of everything we've eaten in the last 2 days, grubby blue jeans with the mandatory chain on the wallet and 3 days of growth....

And the men look even worse. :eek:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
And the men look even worse. :eek:

I don't know whether I'm in shock or just having a laughing fit :p

Some of the guys at truckstops don't look good in the "trousers/shorts" that they have on already.

trying not to imagine them in a skirt :eek:

:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We consider ourselves business owners who drive a truck. We enjoy looking like what we are.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know whether I'm in shock or just having a laughing fit :p

Some of the guys at truckstops don't look good in the "trousers/shorts" that they have on already.

trying not to imagine them in a skirt :eek:

:D

It is kind of frightening, isn't it.

fat-man-cross-dresser-pink-skirt-fairy-gay-men-pictures.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh, I agree. I also stepped up my dress code, or maybe I should call it my skirt code, a while back, and I too enjoy the feeling it has given me. I wear pants when loading and unloading, of course, but there's nothing like driving down the road wearing a skirt. I like the attention and recognition I get while fueling, too.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow Turtle you must have met Scott Grenerth who is a flat bedder that wears a Utilikilt everyday. He attends the expo each year and first think I always notice it the kilt and next is that he is at least 7' tall which I think is why he started wearing the Utllikilt. You and him can compare notes as he told me he is planning on attending the Expo again this year.

Scott is a great guy even if I feel I need a megaphone so he can hear me from so far away...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes! I looked at the Utilikilt, but I didn't quite meet the requirements.

Product Features
  • Made from durable yet soft poly-cotton blend.
  • Equipped with stainless steel snaps.
  • Designed to be worn low on your hips.
  • Intended for guys 5'8" to 6'2" -- 23 inches long.
I'd like to be able to boast I'm that long, but I'm just not, and no one would believe me if I were.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes! I looked at the Utilikilt, but I didn't quite meet the requirements.

Product Features
  • Made from durable yet soft poly-cotton blend.
  • Equipped with stainless steel snaps.
  • Designed to be worn low on your hips.
  • Intended for guys 5'8" to 6'2" -- 23 inches long.
I'd like to be able to boast I'm that long, but I'm just not, and no one would believe me if I were.

Are you saying that 23" would drag on the ground...

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I actually wear skirts and dresses quite often in the summer. I have a few sun dresses that I will wear with a tank top under and bicycle short invade the wind catches it, or I am no so gracious in my movement in and out of the van.. Same with my skirts. When we were in Laredo that was all I wore. Yesterday anyone at Load 1 saw me in my hot pink Load1 shirt, and a jean skirt. They are all at least knee length. I find it much more comfortable and makes me feel a bit more .girly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once we started with FedEx Custom Critical we were soon in uniforms as we liked the recognition and also the ease of washing uniforms.
Don't forget uniforms are also tax deductable

The run of the mill loads that do not require finger printing or me going on a dock I am leaving my skirt on!

Linda, have you ever driven an Astro or Titan?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope I have never driven one of those vehicles. In a truck we have a little more privacy when driving...

Our shirts are embroidered with our names as well as have the FedEx logo on them and they are deductible.