Self Protection

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I usually stay at Walmarts..TS get old...same ole drivers claiming how they run 3,000 miles PW.....yada...yada...yada..blah ..blah ...blah...so check the restaurant list..and go to bed..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
since you are walking across a parking lot most of the time..your gun will probably be waaaay over there.....since it is illegal to carry in most restaurants, stores and malls and public/gov. buildings....
and of course the criminals know this....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
since you are walking across a parking lot most of the time..your gun will probably be waaaay over there.....since it is illegal to carry in most restaurants, stores and malls and public/gov. buildings....

The criminals do not know if I obey the gun free zones.... So why should you think every gun owner will...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

First off, I have NO idea where you get the idea that it is illegal to carry in MOST restaurants, stores, malls etc. That is not a fact. I carry, when I am home, into MOST places that I go. There are few where it is NOT legal to carry. The criminals are more likely to play their "games" where they feel safe, like in places that advertise that they DON'T allow law abiding citizens to exercise their right to self defense. So I tend to avoid those places as much as possible.

As has been stated above, the BEST defense is being smart. Knowing where you are at, being aware of your surroundings, NOT walking into the "bad" parts of town at night.

Nothing can eliminate crime. It has been a fact of life since Man has existed. No government, at any level can protect 100% the people, 100% of the time. The fact is, police are the LEAST effective means of stopping crime. The BEST means of protection is self protection. Nothing is 100%, but, the more steps one takes to stop a problem, the less likely it is that one will have a problem.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
all I am saying is......from the citizens I encounter every day...I wouldn't want them with a gun... Maybe 30% of the population I would trust with a HANDgun

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Also a business has to post a sign saying no weapons allowed (Tennessee) when I see this sign, here is a business card they get.

1391955015714.jpg
1391955032603.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S3

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
all I am saying is......from the citizens I encounter every day...I wouldn't want them with a gun... Maybe 30% of the population I would trust with a HANDgun

About the same number as I would trust with a motor vehicle.

On top of that, I NEVER said that everyone should carry. All I said is that everyone should be aware of their surroundings and take precautions to defend themselves if need be. I also wonder why government would OUTLAW the means of defending one's self. One cannot trust ANYONE who wants to stop the People from protecting their lives and property.

Who said hand gun either? I think I should start carrying a shotgun. NO criminal would come any where NEAR me if I did that! :cool:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If I felt the need to carry a weapon in the truck for self defense, it's not the government that prevents me, it's the carrier and the customers who forbid it.
Luckily, I have never felt threatened [not in DC, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, LA, or anywhere], nor do I know anyone who has been mugged or robbed.
The knives in the sleeper are strictly for slicing tomatoes, and the really big one is for watermelon.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I felt the need to carry a weapon in the truck for self defense, it's not the government that prevents me, it's the carrier and the customers who forbid it.
Luckily, I have never felt threatened [not in DC, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, LA, or anywhere], nor do I know anyone who has been mugged or robbed.
The knives in the sleeper are strictly for slicing tomatoes, and the really big one is for watermelon.

I'll drive to that Cheri:) Yup, had to get rid of my machete too, it was way too big for cilantro, lol. Just skidding, never carry one:)

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of machetes, where's Zane? :)

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I read on EO a few yrs ago that tying a small ratchet strap between the driver and passenger doors and snugging it up will help prevent entry into truck. I guess it would at least slow someone down and give you some time to react. If a window is busted to get to lock, the doors won't be able to be opened.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

We have had at least one EO member that had stuff stolen out of his truck. Not all that long ago. (any on remember who? my brain is frozen) We knew one driver, John Beach from Monroe, who was mugged, beaten within in inches of his life, never was able to drive again, not even a car.

Don't believe for one second that it cannot happen, it can, it does, it will.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What fun are you ??

someone breaks into my truck..I tell them to stop....I am not under direct threat....as I understand the law...one can not just shoot him/her down like a rapid dog....besides that is why we have theft insurance....:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
besides..I'd be no good with a handgun under pressure...my temperment makes it a bad choice....I'd have to under go intense treatment er training not to go commando/berserk...