Self Protection

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am still interested about the legality of a gas charged pellet gun in Canada and CONUS?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am still interested about the legality of a gas charged pellet gun in Canada and CONUS?
Air Guns in Canada

Basically, if the gun shoots a projectile at a muzzle speed of over 500 feet per second OR generates more than 4.2 foot-pounds of energy, it's considered a firearm that must be licensed, registered and everything else just like a real gun.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry, only things usable for self defense in Canada are apple fritters or maple bars.

and those dang hockey pucks.....lol

I had an air rifle when I was young and a air dart rifle...and no registration required...not even a license...

Last edited:

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm kinda lean toward the Law of Attraction, like attracts like. I tried to cultivate love, be non judgmental, develope tolerance for myself others, and keep the sense of humor.

Based on the "like attracts like," I will only be attracted by the likeminded. That doesn't mean I won't come across the opposite. I will, but both of us will repel each other.

Therefore those muggers and those with ill intentions will not be in my path. If they did, then the "Oops! Your number is up!" Theory kicks in, lol.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm kinda lean toward the Law of Attraction, like attracts like. I tried to cultivate love, be non judgmental, develope tolerance for myself others, and keep the sense of humor.

Based on the "like attracts like," I will only be attracted by the likeminded. That doesn't mean I won't come across the opposite. I will, but both of us will repel each other.

Therefore those muggers and those with ill intentions will not be in my path. If they did, then the "Oops! Your number is up!" Theory kicks in, lol.

Good luck with that one! LOL!!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
You could always go illegal like the people that intend to harm you. I'm not saying I do or that I approve or disapprove only saying its an option

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why is that governments seem want to make it illegal to protect one's self from illegal acts? Does this make any sense? :confused: It has been proven that government is NOT capable of protecting the citizens from illegal acts, yet, they are doing all they can to insure that the citizens cannot protect themselves.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Parking in good areas is start to personal safety...if the car dealership has a fence around it...not a good area....I tend to use my GPS in route to a unfamiliar area ...search the restaurants where you want to park...if there is a macaroni grill...red lobster..panerea bread...probably as safe as you are going to get..
Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I like the restaurant idea. I do like the 24-hour walmarts since there's always someone that COULD keep an eye out. Some of them even employ private security in roving vehicles. Peace of mind. But, as of yet, my .357 hasn't ventured out of the safe at home except to go to the range with my wife's M9A1.