Saying Good Bye to Trucking

are12

Expert Expediter
It is with a heavy heart that I am saying good bye to driving our straight truck. Jim passed away on October 27th from a massive heart attack.

I am not sure what I am going to do but I promised Jim I would never go on the road without him (he was very protective), plus it would not be the same without him by my side. Now it is time to decide what to do with the truck and where I go from here.

Life can be cruel at times.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
OMG Arlene, I am SO sorry to hear this. What a shock. I hope you have family to support you through this time. Try to take some healing time before making any huge decisions. I'm sure that Jim would not hold you to any promises made if they were going to affect your ability to earn a living. My thoughts are with you. :(

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
We're very sorry for your loss and really shocked to here this. If it was announced elsewhere in the forum, we missed it.

As pjjjjj said, I hope you're able to take some time for yourself before making any decisions.

Again, DD and I are sorry for your loss...our thoughts are with you.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take your time making any decisions to be sure of the best possible outcome for yourself. Everyone here is pulling for you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. As others have said, take your time making decisions. Be sure to check in and let us all know how your are doing.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm so sorry to read this. We are very sorry for your loss. Take time to heal - all the details of where you go from here will come
will become clearer with each day. Thoughts and Prayers.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
My thoughts and prayers are with you...as has been said, take time before making any lasting decisions....You have to do what is in your own best interest from here on out, and as was also said, Jim wouldn't hold you to a promise that would negatively affect you and your life...go slow during this time....a trusted co-driver my be just around the corner...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob and I are also very saddened to read your post. Your posts and insights on the Expedite field and your new lease here always a pleasure to read. Take care of yourself as I cannot even imagine how lost you must feel.

Stop in any time to say Hi!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Really sorry to hear about the sudden loss. As others mentioned, I would take time for yourself and then look at it when the time is right. You guys have been great over the years. He will certainly be missed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be strong and hang around, your knowledge could help others....
Our prayers and thoughts be with you....

Besides we'd miss your red typing...:)

guido4475

Not a Member
I am sorry for your loss as well, and you will be in my prayers.If you ever need anyone to talk to,pm me for my phone #. Sometimes it makes it easier just to talk to someone.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Many, many thought, prayers, and well wishes go out to you. Stay strong and know that your extended EO family are here for you.

GUNSLINGER

Expert Expediter
I am so sorry to hear about Jim. I really loved meeting and doing business with you guys. Ilene and I will keep you in our prayers.