Saying Good Bye to Trucking

are12

Expert Expediter
I would like to thank everyone for your words of encouragement and condolences. It really does help.

I am thankful that Jim and I always told each other how we felt about one another and "I love you" was always said. I know he loved me with all his heart. Just be sure to tell your partners, each and every day, that you love them. You never know when it will be the last time.

Wishing all of you safe travels!

Arlene

moose

Veteran Expediter
Very sorry to read that as well , hope you find the help you need among family and friends .
you have always being a part of the EO family,please continue to visit us ,
let us know if we can help at any way.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Arlene I am beside myself as you and Jim are but a few of my favorite people (I really mean that).
You are in my prayers and am thinking of you..
Mike

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Arlene: please accept my deepest condolences, and know that you are part of EO, whatever happens in your life.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arlene I am beside myself as you and Jim are but a few of my favorite people (I really mean that).
You are in my prayers and am thinking of you..
Mike

Arlene, Tude once commented to me in a P.M. "that Jim and Arlene are good people" and that you are a nice lady. Mikey doesn't say that about just anybody. I believe him. You and I have never met, but my condolences and prayers are with you.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Although we've never met, you've been one of those "screenames" that I paid attention to. I can't imagine what you must be feeling at this time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. One day at a time. Please take care of you and please don't be a stranger here.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It is with a heavy heart that I am saying good bye to driving our straight truck. Jim passed away on October 27th from a massive heart attack.

I am not sure what I am going to do but I promised Jim I would never go on the road without him (he was very protective), plus it would not be the same without him by my side. Now it is time to decide what to do with the truck and where I go from here.

Life can be cruel at times.

Trucking is not for everyone. For teams, it is for fewer still. Richly blessed are the married teams who can live and work closely on the road, bonded in love, travelers together. As you grieve today and move on tomorrow, may the joys you shared on the road remain fresh in your mind and warm your heart forever.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are deeply saddened by your loss. Our prayers go out to you. As time goes on your decisions will be much easier. Post often as we are want you to keep in touch.

Cheryl & Mike

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As you grieve today and move on tomorrow, may the joys you shared on the road remain fresh in your mind and warm your heart forever.

That is one of the very best things I've ever read here - thank you for posting it.
Arlene's news is surely the saddest thing I've read here, and I can only hope the words of support will comfort her now. We all wish there were more we could do. :(

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
You're right, that IS one of the saddest things. Forces me to think about husband/wife teams. Not only does the spouse lose his/her significant other, which is awful enough in itself. The widow/widower also loses their team status, perhaps their driving business (if they choose to not drive as a single or team with an unknown), and therefore possibly their income, and in some cases, perhaps even their 'home' (if they had given up their land-home to be on the road). Not to mention how hard it must be to be in your spouse's company, day in and day out, in close quarters, every day, and then suddenly be without them. Talk about culture shock!

Arlene my heart goes out to you in so many ways. I hope all husband/wife teams take notice and as uncomfortable as it may be to plan for such an eventuality, have a plan in place. :(

Reactions: 1 person

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
My deepest condolances are with you. I am glad that you frequently told each other how you loved one another. You're so right in that you never know when it may be the last time.

zupraner

Seasoned Expediter
I'm very sorry to here that,i hope u will be ok.
I have a twin brother we both working for fedex and we can take over your truck,so the truck can keep running,if that ok with you,please contact me.
my name is Roy and my cell 206-841-2530.

thank you,and i wish you you best.