Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Made it larger for you.

7149d1373243333-same-sex-marriage-coming-your-way-1373246885054.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is no longer correct. It SHOULD read that the Bible is not the law of the land and neither is the Constitution.

The bottom line is - Those that keep quoting scripture as the source for a legal position are out of line. IMO, of course.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
This is no longer correct. It SHOULD read that the Bible is not the law of the land and neither is the Constitution.
Yes, there are 500+ particular people in the District of Criminals who would dispute even the part about the Constitution.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
And your opinion is wrong.[/QUOTE

How can a a OPINION wrong????????

What happened to the separation of church and state?????...why should I have to live by YOUR religious beliefs...if you want to "believe" ..have @ it...QUIT forcing your religious ideas on others..just as people don't like the gays forcing themselves on others...well goes both ways...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's because the discussion turned to religion instead of the anticipated negative effects of homosexual "marriage" on society. First of all, marriage did not originate from religious beliefs, but rather an arrangement or contract between families and/or individuals, and was often arranged. It has been the cornerstone of civilization - a union between a MAN and WOMAN that are able to create a FAMILY consisting of themselves and their natural-born children. Religion came into the picture later when ceremonies were adopted to celebrate and formalize the marriage, but it's otherwise irrelevant other than to formalize some basic rules of conduct such as infidelity. However, even these rules of the union could be drawn up in a legal document without involvement of religion whatsoever.

The problem with homosexual "marriage" is that it redefines this basic cultural institution. "But they love each other, and they have rights too!" seems to be the primary reasoning behind it. Fine - let them have civil unions under which they can live together, share assets and make their lives wonderful for each other. But marriage should continue to be an institution between one man and one woman - period. This decision by SCOTUS just reinforces our nation's drift toward hedonism as a governing philosophy.

It is still 2 people, in love, that can still have children and raise a family, work, play, go to church on Sundays.....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Sure..his about being shamed into keeping it a secret..get married to hide the fact there gay.. then @ 50 just can't take the lies no more ..HELLO...happens all the time...
You don't think people are born gay?
It MAY be that people are born with twisted, perverse desires. Mis-wiring or something. That's what's said of both homosexuality & pedophilia. And it's believed that science doesn't have the ability to correct that malfunction. Fine.

But individuals having perverse sexual relations, that's a choice. Some do it their whole adult lives, others do it later in life. Bad choice at any time.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Post 129 is a crystal clear illustration of the potential for a horrible life that convinces so many homosexuals to commit suicide - especially adolescents. [But that's also a sin!]
The wasted potential of it all is what makes it even worse. How many Alan Turings can we afford to lose?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It MAY be that people are born with twisted, perverse desires. Mis-wiring or something. That's what's said of both homosexuality & pedophilia. And it's believed that science doesn't have the ability to correct that malfunction. Fine.

But individuals having perverse sexual relations, that's a choice. Some do it their whole adult lives, others do it later in life. Bad choice at any time.

Only perverse person is YOU!! ..you are the mis-wired/ odd thinking one..

Let me repeat for you AGAIN.....ready... listen up.....
ITS NOT A CHOICE!!!!!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Lol, this thread is still going I thought god would have killed you all wit smoking brimestone by now

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only perverse person is YOU!! ..you are the mis-wired/ odd thinking one..

Let me repeat for you AGAIN.....ready... listen up.....
ITS NOT A CHOICE!!!!!

Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you choose what team you are on??

I have known a number of gay people in my time. Several admit to it being a choice. Others not so much. It is what it is.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can only really speak for myself, and I can assure you that my straightness is not a choice. I was, indeed, born this way.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have known a number of gay people in my time. Several admit to it being a choice. Others not so much. It is what it is.

I have read of people who admit to having been abducted by aliens, but my common sense [and all of the history of proven facts] says they're deluded.
C'mon, Xiggi, you know people don't get to choose who they're sexually attracted to - it just doesn't work that way.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have read of people who admit to having been abducted by aliens, but my common sense [and all of the history of proven facts] says they're deluded.
C'mon, Xiggi, you know people don't get to choose who they're sexually attracted to - it just doesn't work that way.

Wow your not that niave I know. Some people are attracted to both sexes they prefer one over the other. People do many things by choice even though some in society may look down on them for it. To even begin to think some don't swing the way they do because of choice is putting a bag over your head.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Did you choose what team you are on??

A straight person isn't deviating from nature so why would their sexuality be a choice? A gay person is going against nature so why isn't it possible some choose the lifestyle?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wow your not that niave I know. Some people are attracted to both sexes they prefer one over the other. People do many things by choice even though some in society may look down on them for it. To even begin to think some don't swing the way they do because of choice is putting a bag over your head.

That a bisexual person prefers one gender or the other doesn't "prove" they had any choice in being attracted to either gender, because that part happened without any input from them.
I didn't choose to be heterosexual, and I do not believe anyone can choose to be hetero, homo, or any other kind of orientation. All they can do is play the hand they were dealt, in whatever way works for them.
Some people may choose to 'experiment' with same sex, but that's not the same thing at all. If I decided to try having an affair with a woman, it wouldn't make me a lesbian, because I am not sexually attracted to women, and never have been. That doesn't mean I couldn't try it [or maybe even enjoy it], it just means there's a difference between
a conscious choice and an innate orientation.
I could choose to have sex with a woman, but I can not choose to be sexually attracted to one - that's the difference.